Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2016 12:40:39 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me if the Lee bulge buster + 45cp FCD will work with 30-06 and 308 brass as well?

I do use a Lyman small-base die on those, but, was curious if folks have used the bulge buster instead with any better results.

I reload for a Reming 742 and it is rather picky about reloads. (which is why I went with the SB die)

Lastly, if you do use the Lee setup with rifle calibers, do you full length resize first and then use the bulge buster before trimming?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:23:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Can anyone tell me if the Lee bulge buster + 45cp FCD will work with 30-06 and 308 brass as well?

I do use a Lyman small-base die on those, but, was curious if folks have used the bulge buster instead with any better results.

I reload for a Reming 742 and it is rather picky about reloads. (which is why I went with the SB die)

Lastly, if you do use the Lee setup with rifle calibers, do you full length resize first and then use the bulge buster before trimming?
View Quote

I never heard of a bulge buster for rifle, and if you need it something is not right.

If you set the sizing die correctly you shouldn't have any issues in a proper chamber.

Link Posted: 5/27/2016 1:48:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have brass fired in your 742 as new factory ammo or loaded with virgin brass, in theory you should not have issues.  And, the FL sizer die should take care of the brass.
But, you have to properly set up your FL sizer and make sure you are sizing properly.

Now, if you are using brass from another gun, and say like once fired military brass.  Then a small base die should cure your ills before you fire it in the 742 and such.

Then there is always the possibility that your chamber has a headspace problem?

The bulge buster is not meant for your idea.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It won't help because the car is tapered.   Not a bad idea though.

Are you having problems? I use a regular RCBS  sizing die and it works perfectly for my 742.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you talking about using it to fix the rims and case head, like a 380 buldge buster does for SAW'd 5.56 brass?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top