Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2016 1:18:14 PM EDT
Ran into a bunch of True Blue for a GREAT price, so I got some. I have heard folks are having good results with it for loading 9mm rounds. Would anyone like to share their

experiences/recipies? Bullet weights I use mostly are 124 and 115, both jacketed and plated, and now coated. THANKS!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Nosler lists it as their most accurate powder with a 124 grain bullet.

http://www.nosler.com/nosler-load-data/9mm-luger-parabellum/
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ran into a bunch of True Blue for a GREAT price, so I got some. I have heard folks are having good results with it for loading 9mm rounds. Would anyone like to share their

experiences/recipies? Bullet weights I use mostly are 124 and 115, both jacketed and plated, and now coated. THANKS!!!!!
View Quote

I followed Dryflash and run True Blue (and also silhouette) with 124 g plated (xtreme's). I used the load data on Ramshots web site for plated (berry) bullets. Love True Blue!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:28:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Greenhead - are you finding that your best loads with TB are toward the upper end ? I know Dryflash likes TB, and has said so here, but I don't know if his loads

are mild or stout. Maybe he will offer advice on what has worked well for his loads in his pistols. I'm not so much concerned with recoil, just with what is the most repeatable.

For a soft steel load, I like 3.1 Clays pushing a 115. Thanks for your reply!
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Greenhead - are you finding that your best loads with TB are toward the upper end ? I know Dryflash likes TB, and has said so here, but I don't know if his loads

are mild or stout. Maybe he will offer advice on what has worked well for his loads in his pistols. I'm not so much concerned with recoil, just with what is the most repeatable.

For a soft steel load, I like 3.1 Clays pushing a 115. Thanks for your reply!
View Quote

I tested loads and determined what was best in two semi auto pistols that get the most use around here, and yes, I did end up inside the upper half of the load data recommended on Ramshot's site chasing accuracy.  Could have probably kept going, but once I found the load that cycled the tools and produced good accuracy I stopped.   True Blue reloads with plated (and silhouette reloads too for that matter) all smoked store bought fmj's for accuracy regardless of the manufacturer.  As mentioned, this stuff meters like water (Dillon 550 here).  

Lastly, the other think I like about True Blue (and silhouette) in 9 is a case wont hold a double charge and seat a bullet - heaven forbid.

You'll like it
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Second vote for Silhouette, probably the most overlooked awesome powder.

Use nothing but Silhouette for 45ACP, and recently developed 9mm +P/124gr XTP with it.

I'll have to try True Blue, keep hearing good things about it. Got to finish this 4# of Silhouette first.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:38:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all for the info !! Dryflash, the word "repeatable" probably wasn't the best. What I was thinking was best consistant powder throws and smallest ES. I load on a

650, and I'm thinking it might be beneficial to get one of the x-small powder bars to meter this powder with. I'm going to start some load work-ups tomorrow,

and I will post my results as soon as I can. More comments are most welcome! Thanks guys!

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Insidetheten ..... I suppose you can get the xtra small powder measure if you really want to, but frankly, True Blue meters so well with the standard Dillon small measure bar (what I use on the 550) I see no reason to spend the money unless it's just burning a hole in your pocket .     Seriously ... True Blue measures dead nuts on every time using a good technique with the Dillon measure/standard small bar, you will see. hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#11]
115gn lead and 6.2gn True Blue

115gn jacketed and 6.0gn True Blue

124gn jacketed and 5.9gn True Blue

Don't start there, work up from start load.

(why does the second sentence keep becoming part of the first sentence when I submit a comment?)
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You will love how True Blue measures (exact) as it is actually a ball powder, as in small little spheres of powder.

Spill some on a smooth bench top and it will roll off the sides of the bench.
View Quote

I had thought powders like H110 and Lil' Gun were easy to meter.  True Blue is so small-grained that it almost flows like water.  That equates to VERY consistent metering in any powder measure.

I just did a batch of test loads for .40 S&W with True Blue and weighed every charge AFTER my powder measure threw it.  The weights were boringly consistent.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Huge fan of True Blue thanks to Dryflash. It's pretty much my only powder for 9mm & 45 ACP with the occasional use of Silhouette.

In 9 I'm using 5.6gr under 124gr Gold Dots, and 5.55 under 124gr Precision Delta FMJ's.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Just had 8lbs show up yesterday. Love me some True Blue.

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:15:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Nice reloading.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top