Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 9:59:36 PM EDT
My dad, brother, and I loaded around 700 .380s before the game today.  We made a time-lapse movie of it just for fun.  My dad is dropping the powder, I'm seating  the bullets, and my brother is crimping.  My mom brought some guacamole down a couple of times.  Would be better with Yakkity Sax playing behind it but here it is.  
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw8XM5YqT8c

ETA: The whole thing is 13 minutes but you can the gist real quick. It's a lot of the same.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Really cool video, looks like a fun day. I wasn't fortunate enough to have the family experience with my reloading/firearm passion while growing up. Hopefully I'll have the chance to start the tradition myself sometime in the future. Thank's for sharing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
You Guy's need to go in together on a progressive.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:32:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You Guy's need to go in together on a progressive.
View Quote

Seemed to me they were using a progressive press -  the original progressive press.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
That is how we do it. One person throwing powder and two people on presses. If there's anyone else around they do case prep. Many hands & all that.

Haven't done it with my brother and father at the same time yet because it is usually a nighttime activity that goes late. On the list of things to do though.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]
You guys need a progressive plus where are the pics of the finished product?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:58:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the video!

Its always fun to see how other reloaders have their setups.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:51:02 PM EDT
[#8]
That looks like you guys had some fun.... Chinese fire drill, but fun.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not the most efficient process, and slowed down by conversation, but I don't think I'll ever look back on my life and think, "I spent too much time with my dad; I could have loaded more .380s."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Different strokes for different folks.

I reload alone and it gets lonely sometimes but I get a lot done and enjoy it most of the time.

The great takeaway from your setup is family time and getting it done.

I wish my wife would come down and feed me so I wouldn't have to stop to eat, or if nothing else just to see if I didn't pass.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Neat!

Only thing I can add is you guys need a more stable table.

Notice the flexing.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Reminds me of reloading with my dad back in CO.  He'd throw powder, I'd prime and seat bullets.  

When it came time for case prep, he was the guy in the corner with the beer cracking the whip
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Team work... I like it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You guys need a progressive plus where are the pics of the finished product?
View Quote

Today's product (we did .45 today) -

Precision Delta 230gn FMJ over 5.0gn of Bullseye.  CCI large pistol primers and 1.260 OAL.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:11:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not the most efficient process, and slowed down by conversation, but I don't think I'll ever look back on my life and think, "I spent too much time with my dad; I could have loaded more .380s."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Priority's, you has em sorted.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#16]
That is a cool way to have some family time, I may shanghai my dad into loading with me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 4:24:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a 650 without a casefeeder.  Everyone in awhile my fiance will help me by feeding cases into the drop tube as I reload.  We get to hang out some and she gets to run the press sometimes.  She thinks its neat but boring.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:12:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a reloading room full of state of the art equipment...Neither of my sons are interested in reloading. So my Jack Russell comes up and watches me reload.

Great video. that time is indeed priceless. Looks like everyone is having a great time.

Thanks for sharing
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#19]
great video!

Last year dad and I did the same thing when we were working up loads for 223. He trickled powder and I seated bullets and measured the final product. The takeaway is quality family time.

When i was very young dad use to reload shotshell and I would sit next to him and fill the shotshell boxes with shells and dated the inside flap. I loved it. Dad and I went shotgun shooting a few years back, I opened a box of shells and my writing was still on the flap from almost 40 years ago.

My avatar picture is me, my brother and dad at the national matches at Camp Perry. We all took the rifle SAFS class and shot together. How cool is that? OP, you live in Ohio, you need to go to Camp Perry during the national matches, if you haven't already.

http://thecmp.org/competitions/cmp-national-matches/small-arms-firing-schools/
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I probably get more rounds done in an hour, but I'm pretty sure you're getting more out of it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
great video!

Last year dad and I did the same thing when we were working up loads for 223. He trickled powder and I seated bullets and measured the final product. The takeaway is quality family time.

When i was very young dad use to reload shotshell and I would sit next to him and fill the shotshell boxes with shells and dated the inside flap. I loved it. Dad and I went shotgun shooting a few years back, I opened a box of shells and my writing was still on the flap from almost 40 years ago.

My avatar picture is me, my brother and dad at the national matches at Camp Perry. We all took the rifle SAFS class and shot together. How cool is that? OP, you live in Ohio, you need to go to Camp Perry during the national matches, if you haven't already.

View Quote

I have done pistol SAFS and competed in the President's 100 four times.  I suck but I get better every year  My dad and I have done the pop-up a couple of times.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Good stuff.  Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 2:25:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Sometimes I feel reloading is the only time I get to spend with just me.. Enjoy the peace...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have done pistol SAFS and competed in the President's 100 four times.  I suck but I get better every year  My dad and I have done the pop-up a couple of times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
great video!

We have done pretty much every pistol and rifle SAFS class since 2009. Dad took pistol SAFS back in 1964. I did the P100 rifle a few years back and sucked as well, but it was a heck of a learning experience. Took the Hornady reloading clinic a few years back, it was a good class taught by the chief ballistic scientist at Hornady. I think they still offer it every year. They have a beginner and an advanced class and it is tailored to the national match shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top