Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2015 4:38:20 PM EDT
My chargemaster will arrive Monday and I picked up my McDonald's straw. I also watched the 8541 tactical video to reprogram it. Has anyone put ferrite chokes on the cord? If so what size and brand did you get?  I've found several types on Amazon.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:21:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you actually have a noise problem, you won't need a choke.

In fact, if you did have a noise problem, you would have to know what the frequency of noise was to select the right choke.

You are better off making sure you don't operate that scale near sources of strong EMI noise. I run two at a time and have no problems.

Folks who try to run near PWM motors, brushed motors, or heavy RFI noisy equipment are the ones who get the issues. Trying to filter the lines from their transformer may or may not work if the RFI goes straight into the scale.

If you already know you have a noisy place to work, get a kit with a variety and you can avoid needing a spectrum analyzer by just trial and error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top