BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks for the pics, waiting for more!

The priming system looks pretty similar to the LnL AP in basic design, although I noted the 'hole' in front of the primer shuttle.
The primer shuttle 'guide' looks to be that black bar on the side of the press.

Is there any adjustment in the primer system, as in how far back the primer shuttle moves?  (this is adjustable on the LnL AP to properly pick up primers).
Is the 'timing rod' adjustable in some fashion?

Do you have a pic of the bottom of a shell plate?  It looks like there's still a ball (12 o'clock position from the shell plate bolt) that would go into a detent on the bottom of the shell plate.. ?
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 6:13:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The white stick in the primer feeding tube has worked well for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No low primer alarm or case feeder but close to the same price as a blue press. I don't get it.

A low primer alarm isn't as essential as it may seem.  I have the capability of making my own for my Hornady LnL, and I haven't seen a need for it yet.

As for the case feeder, that'll show up when they finally start shipping presses - and probably have the same kind of "wait for it" introduction as the presses themselves.

The white stick in the primer feeding tube has worked well for me.

Yeah, mine is pretty much the same thing...
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Okay, I understand all the knee jerk reactions......I've done plenty of that myself as you may have read already.  But on these presses, we need to wait and see.  The free market place is a wonderful thing.....nothing's set in stone, not the intitial prices nor initial policies like the silly powder measure/tool head combo requirement.  That said, I hear you comparing the P.C. 7 to the 1050 as have many of us.  I don't believe the P.C. 7 was aimed there.  I think it was aimed at the 5 station presses, where we often feel we really could use another hole or two  for pistol loading.  It ain't going to have a swage rod in a conventional ram up to stationary dies.....just not feasible.  Somebody tried that for the 650, and Dillon reacted with a warning that that method would void the warranty.

Yes the casefeeder is going to add serious dollars.....we can't get around that on any press.  You want bullet and case feeders?  You pay for it.  Typical Price of a 1050 set up for bear is, according to Dillon around $1892.80, and that's with no bullet feeder and one caliber!  Start in on quick caliber changes then you add $300 a pop (including another case feeder plate).  So you gots to pay to play.

On Dillon's 650 page, they show a pretty press with options and state, "Typical price as shown with optional accessories is $1128.55"!  Yup north of 1k.  No bullet feeder there either. and no caliber changes.  Progressives are pricy.  But then one says the Hornady is way cheaper than that!  Yup!  Until you add case and bullet feeders.  Then even the cheap one gets north of 1K fast.  What an Ammo Plant cost?  At Midway USA  $1,200 plus shipping.  Then you gotta add caliber changes including case & bullet feeder parts.

One thing I've personally discovered is that time heals the wounds to the pocket book!  The trick is...you have to space the raids out a little!  Take bm3 for example......he went for the Pro Chucker 5.  Cheaper than the 7 to be sure.  But he's still in line for a 7 down the road and he won't have to buy another press!  Just the kit.  When his pocket book heals up, and it will, he can decide if he wants more, and it will hurt less.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
interesting, but w/out a swage rod like the 1050 and case feeder, by the time you add a casefeeder etc... you are probably north of 1k, and getting too close to 1050 territory to make me question the appeal of this press over the 1050.  I do appreciate RCBS bringing new products to market as the competition should help us all.

Okay, I understand all the knee jerk reactions......I've done plenty of that myself as you may have read already.  But on these presses, we need to wait and see.  The free market place is a wonderful thing.....nothing's set in stone, not the intitial prices nor initial policies like the silly powder measure/tool head combo requirement.  That said, I hear you comparing the P.C. 7 to the 1050 as have many of us.  I don't believe the P.C. 7 was aimed there.  I think it was aimed at the 5 station presses, where we often feel we really could use another hole or two  for pistol loading.  It ain't going to have a swage rod in a conventional ram up to stationary dies.....just not feasible.  Somebody tried that for the 650, and Dillon reacted with a warning that that method would void the warranty.

Yes the casefeeder is going to add serious dollars.....we can't get around that on any press.  You want bullet and case feeders?  You pay for it.  Typical Price of a 1050 set up for bear is, according to Dillon around $1892.80, and that's with no bullet feeder and one caliber!  Start in on quick caliber changes then you add $300 a pop (including another case feeder plate).  So you gots to pay to play.

On Dillon's 650 page, they show a pretty press with options and state, "Typical price as shown with optional accessories is $1128.55"!  Yup north of 1k.  No bullet feeder there either. and no caliber changes.  Progressives are pricy.  But then one says the Hornady is way cheaper than that!  Yup!  Until you add case and bullet feeders.  Then even the cheap one gets north of 1K fast.  What an Ammo Plant cost?  At Midway USA  $1,200 plus shipping.  Then you gotta add caliber changes including case & bullet feeder parts.

One thing I've personally discovered is that time heals the wounds to the pocket book!  The trick is...you have to space the raids out a little!  Take bm3 for example......he went for the Pro Chucker 5.  Cheaper than the 7 to be sure.  But he's still in line for a 7 down the road and he won't have to buy another press!  Just the kit.  When his pocket book heals up, and it will, he can decide if he wants more, and it will hurt less.

What really helped is being able to sell off the pro2000 and bullet feeder
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
"sell off the Pro 2000"  Heresy!  Get the torches!  Question:  People have asked about how the press handles spent primers.  Does it have a tube under the press or what......RCBS says it empties into a waste can under the press.....not too specific there.

Also we notice it still sports the dreaded spring and ball under the shell plate......will it still spit powder out of full cases.....how much smoother is it really?  Does the impaler rod help smooth everything.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:10:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
"sell off the Pro 2000"  Heresy!  Get the torches!  Question:  People have asked about how the press handles spent primers.  Does it have a tube under the press or what......RCBS says it empties into a waste can under the press.....not too specific there.

Also we notice it still sports the dreaded spring and ball under the shell plate......will it still spit powder out of full cases.....how much smoother is it really?
View Quote

The spent primer tube runs down the back of the press and is tight.  I don't think any spent primers are getting by it.

The spring and ball are no big deal ,  if your banging away 90 to nothing I can see powder spill on any press but on this
Press you can control the speed of the spin of the plate . It stops on time every time and yes it's  smooth .
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top