Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2015 4:31:27 PM EDT
A while back I tore down some poorly stored ammo. The only thing I was able to salvage was the bullets and I had to tumble them in a home made pill bottle tumbler with white play sand.

I threw a load together with various GI brass with the intention of just burning them up on clay pigeons.

The bullets are 50gr soft point. Don't know what brand.

Today I shot a five shot group with my sons "parts gun". This is a 1in7 twist 20" chrome lined 5.56 PSA upper. (100 yards)

You can cover the group with a nickel. Definitely a "go figure" moment.

You really don't know what you're going to get until you try sometimes.

Motor1
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 5:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
So you fired bullets with silica particles embedded in the jackets down your bore?
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So you fired bullets with silica particles embedded in the jackets down your bore?
View Quote

of course not, his SONS gun.

I wouldnt have even tumbled them. use or toss out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hope you are joking. It takes a lot more to embed something than a tumble in a 2" diameter plastic bottle.

I rinsed them in dishwashing detergent water then tumbled them after they dried in a regular dry media tumbler.

I shot Tubb's barrel lapping bullets in my  VTR when it was new. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Motor1
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I hope you are joking. It takes a lot more to embed something than a tumble in a 2" diameter plastic bottle.

I rinsed them in dishwashing detergent water then tumbled them after they dried in a regular dry media tumbler.

I shot Tubb's barrel lapping bullets in my  VTR when it was new. I'd recommend them to anyone.

Motor1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Motor1

Now you're talking. I have some tubbs bullets loaded up for my 6mm Remington Rem 700.

Im quite excited to get them down range.

ETA: When I started reloading I made many accurate loads with just throwing stuff together. A lot of them are still my go to loads.

I have no idea how. I can't seem to do it anymore.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top