Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 10:58:17 AM EDT
I picked the rcok chucker 2 and trimmer for $35.00 this morning

Can you still get parts for these old presses?  I need to get the primer flip thing that goes in the center of the ram to set primers.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Give RCBS a call, I'm sure they'll take care of you, and I'd be surpised to find out that they even charge you.
I've had them ship me peices that were missing from secondhand purchases several times, calling them and being honest that I purchased it second hand, and I can't find such and such.

I wish other industries had as good of a customer service model as the reloading industry in general...
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I always prime off the press. Unless you really need to prime on the press, do you need the primer arm?
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You win the garage sale find of the week.  Congratulations, great find.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always prime off the press. Unless you really need to prime on the press, do you need the primer arm?
View Quote

The primer arm on my Hornady also serves as the diverter to throw the spent primers into the catch bin when depriming.  not sure how the rock chucker works though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Typically when I'm loading single stage I only have a handful of rounds to do.  It seems faster just to drop the primer in the arm and load.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool find. Wish I could ever find a cheap old press.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Isn't the RCII the current version?  

Anyways it's a great press at an even greater bargain.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Lucky
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice find, looks like a new machine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
OP, you did 'real good'!  Getting parts will not be an issue.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, RCBS still makes the priming arm for that press.

Lyman also makes the arm as their Crusher press is almost identical to the Chucker. The Lyman replacement arm is made of milled steel instead of cast aluminum though, so for the money I'd grab the Lyman replacement.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Good buy. Some people have all the luck.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 9:37:34 AM EDT
[#14]
As the owner and user of a 40 year old Rockchucker, nice score!  Getting parts won't be a problem. RCBS customer service is A+.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a RC II for 15 bucks... like brand new (though I replaced the plastic simple handle with a cue ball).

just missed getting an old lyman turret and sizer for 40 bucks for both....
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#16]
What a great deal!  Man, I never find those...  I get the guy who wants $200 for the rusted and locked up Lee..

I am sure that you can get parts for the trimmer.

Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top