Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2014 5:44:29 PM EDT
So, I somehow bent the stem on a .223 X-Die.

Called RCBS, new one on the way, no charge.

Offered to pay, he just said 'Merry Christmas'

Link Posted: 12/18/2014 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#1]
RCBS? I don't believe it. Told them my 223 die would not size about 5% of my brass correctly. No brass correlation. Told me to send in the die and a few pieces of unsized brass. I told him, "how will I know if it wont size the brass I send you if it only happens 5% of the time?". He had no answer so I bought a Forster set and havent had another problem...

Depends on the mood and representative I guess..
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

RCBS? I don't believe it. Told them my 223 die would not size about 5% of my brass correctly. No brass correlation. Told me to send in the die and a few pieces of unsized brass. I told him, "how will I know if it wont size the brass I send you if it only happens 5% of the time?". He had no answer so I bought a Forster set and havent had another problem...

View Quote

That sounds more like operator error than a die being out of spec.

Plus, they offered to evaluate the die but you wouldn't send it in.

Not sure what you expected them to do in that situation.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have always gotten superior service from RCBS. Even when it was my fault. I dropped my swage die set in the case and broke the clasp and one of the hinges. I called them to order a replacement and they sent it to me for free. You can't ask for better then that.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely wrong on both counts. Sorry. Verified bad die on other presses with another more senior reloader by my side. They wanted ME to send die to them on my dime. That is not service. They would have tried a few pieces of brass and said it was fine on those and sent it back. Why waste my time and money on that service? No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a stupid moment and cross threaded the bullet sizing die lock ring on a RCBS cast bullet sizer my Dad had bought in the 70s,I screwed it up so bad I couldn't even get the lock ring back out.

So I called and told them I screwed this up, and asked if it was fixable... they had me send the old one in and sent me a brand new Lubamatic II free of charge. Also had a set of used 7mm-08 dies I bought, inside of the sizer die was messed up  and leaving serious scratches on the cases, they replaced those free as well.

I have one set of Redding dies, everything else is RCBS.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Old RCBS lockout die, had to be in storage for going on at least ~10 years. Pretty rusted up. I soaked it in evaporust, and while it works the plunger doesn't reset to the fully extended position. Called them up told them what happened and asked how much it would cost to send the parts out. Rep told me they usually don't send out parts for it, but since I had already taken it apart and put it back together that he'd trust me, parts just arrived in the mail. Rep wouldn't let me pay, on top of that told me if the parts didn't fix it they'd just replace the die.

For a die that had been sitting in storage for over ~10 years.

When cabelas came out with their free shipping code and 20 bucks off $100 I bought another two lockout dies.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:29:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#8]
My quite expensive Sidewinder tumbler was in storage for quite a while with a bottle of the liquid tumbling media (never opened by me) stored in the box with it. It was put away essentially NIB when I put it away due to life changes and quit reloading for a time.
When I finally got back to reloading, I took the Sidewinder tub out of the (original) box and it literally fell apart in my hands into a crumbly mess. Evidently, some of the liquid media had leaked out into the bottom of the original box (not in direct contact with the tub) and set up an atmosphere inside the box that destroyed the plastic that the tub was made of.

The answer from RCBS was "buy a new one", which I did in order to put the Sidewinder back in service. Even a discount would have been appreciated, but nope, "you're on your own, sir". I'm not irritated by the money, just the principle of it.

Sorry, but I can't get on the bandwagon of excellent RCBS service. I love the Sidewinder and wouldn't have any other tumbler, but RCBS is not necessarily my friend.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have always gotten superior service from RCBS. Even when it was my fault. I dropped my swage die set in the case and broke the clasp and one of the hinges. I called them to order a replacement and they sent it to me for free. You can't ask for better then that.
View Quote

THEY ARE THE BEST..........ALL OF THEM ARE GOOD.....
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:45:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
They have always been good to me.
About the 5% of cases not getting sized, the only way that can happen is if your die is moving, if it's locked it's not going to happen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 8:44:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll second this: a good American Company producing excellent products and they are willing to stand behind their products and services.  Good people .................
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 4:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They have always been good to me.
About the 5% of cases not getting sized, the only way that can happen is if your die is moving, if it's locked it's not going to happen.
View Quote

Me too.

I have even told them straight up I lost something when moving.  

Free.  

Wouldn't take my money.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Same experience here: excellent.  I recently posted that I'd just emailed them to ask where to find replacement Berdan depriming blades for their tool...they mailed me two of 'em.  RCBS is great.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#15]
I have an old RCBS RS3 press and the plastic primer catch broke so when I deprime, they go everywhere. Emailed them asking how much for a replacement and they sent it for free. Good stuff.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Screwed up the RAM on my rcbs trimmed.  Totally my fault.  They sent me a new RAM for free even after I tried.to.pay

Good company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top