BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I was not the first to bring up dillon. I simply stated something exists. See look I can make it blue as well. how about some red fuck off douche bag

Thanks to everyone for letting me know dillon voids the warranty for after market swager.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
VERY COOL! Will an adapter make it fit on my 550 though?

The price is very reasonable in my opinion. The dillon swager costs $120? Bench top swagers cost about $80?

If you have a 550 there is a swaging set up that you replace the priming arm with a swaging tool. It swages on the up stroke they have them for the 550, and 650. So you can use it with your case prep tool head, and have everything done even the swaging.

Google 550 primer pocket swager, and it should come up

This is a Hornady thread, not a Dillon thread. Please stay on topic.

If you want to discuss that swager, start your own Dillon thread on it. thanks dryflash3

I was not the first to bring up dillon. I simply stated something exists. See look I can make it blue as well. how about some red fuck off douche bag

Thanks to everyone for letting me know dillon voids the warranty for after market swager.

Guess you won't be here long
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Neat concept - glad to see them taking the design out of the box a bit.

That said, I'm still a fan of reaming, as there's no adjustment to be made from one headstamp to the next. A $10 Hornady reamer chucked in my mini lathe is pretty dadgum fast.
View Quote

I am an LnL owner and think it is ok but I am not buying it.

I too like reaming the pocket. I tried using the RCBS swage die on my single stage. Pockets were too tight no matter how I adjusted it. I have the Dillon Super Swage 600 but pockets still can be a bit tight and you need to adjust it for different head stamps to be effective. Reamer chucked in my mill and I can do hundreds in less than 1 hr.

My next purchase is the case feeder followed by bullet feeder.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't be the first to buy one.  For $116, I think I will wait to read reviews on how well it works or doesn't work.  I have a few different tools to work on the crimped primer pockets already and I wonder how much stress it will put on the LNL AP
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
neat, but i'll stick with my single stage and rcbs for the price they are asking.

They need to figure a way to incorporate it into the current press model where it does this on the fly while you perform other steps. They also need to offer templates, parts to retro fit your current non-modified press or the ability to have them do it for you.

Link Posted: 10/18/2014 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I won't be the first to buy one.  For $116, I think I will wait to read reviews on how well it works or doesn't work.  I have a few different tools to work on the crimped primer pockets already and I wonder how much stress it will put on the LNL AP
View Quote

I cant imagine it would cause more stress than full length resizing
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How much does it cost?

Too rich for me at $116. I'll stick to cutting out the crimps.
View Quote

I agree.  But Im betting we will see sub $100 retail.  Im thinking $90 retail as you normally see 20-25% reduction in price from MSRP.

As someone that is in the market to buy a progressive price, this only adds value to the LnL as it makes it more flexible.  Right now I swage with a RCBS die, which works OK, but is probably half the speed of a Dillon at 1/4 the price.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Taking a closer look at how the Hornady swager works, I think it probably would end up being a little faster than the Dillon.
It doesn't look like changing the swaging shell plate and die would take more than a couple of minutes, and once you get going, the only motion is to insert the case once for each pull instead of with the Dillon where you insert a case, and then remove a case, and then insert a case, then remove a case etc..

I have to admit that if I had no swager at all and was needing a good one, I do think I'd have gone with the Hornady over the Dillon mainly because I already have the press it works with and the price is really comparable to the Dillon 600.

All that said, I am totally happy with the Dillon swager, and even though I do have the Hornady L-N-L AP already, I see no compelling reason to change.
I'm just glad to see that Hornady is "all in" the game and actively looking for ways to improve and add new products for reloading.
Competition amongst the leaders of the field benefits us all.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top