Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2014 5:19:53 PM EDT
I was at the range today and picked up a ton of that ZQi 9mm brass.  My search comes back as turkish ammo with somebody taking a few rounds apart to spec out the round.  I didn't find anything any experiences reloading it.

later
James
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:33:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the MKE headstamped stuff?  If so, I picked up some 9mm and 5.56 the other day and it's boxer primed.  I decapped and sized the 5.56 and it sized just fine.  Haven't trimmed it or put primers in yet so I'll see how it does one of these days.  Haven't done anything with the 9mm yet.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#3]
ZQ 9mm is NATO spec and has the military crimp primer pockets (3-point staked crimp).

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I purchased some of this ammo and contrary to some of the internet rumors, it ran perfectly through several Glocks. The brass is boxer primed and appears to be a quality product. I am reloading the brass from the first box I shot and it is running through the Dillon without any issues. Primers are seating perfectly and the brass thickness is excellent. I give it two thumbs up!

I would be happy using this ammo and brass again in the future.

Good loading and shooting sir
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I purchased some of this ammo and contrary to some of the internet rumors, it ran perfectly through several Glocks. The brass is boxer primed and appears to be a quality product. I am reloading the brass from the first box I shot and it is running through the Dillon without any issues. Primers are seating perfectly and the brass thickness is excellent. I give it two thumbs up!

I would be happy using this ammo and brass again in the future.

Good loading and shooting sir
View Quote

What did you use to ream or swage the primer pocket?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I didnt ream or swage the primer pockets as a test to see what prep work would be required for future loading. CCI 500's seated perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Well the ZQi brass I picked up is boxer primed.  It was the first thing we checked before picking it all up.  I decapped & resized the brass with no problems.  No primer crimps on this brass.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check to see if it's Berdan primed.

I'm thinking it is.

If it's boxer primed, work up a load with it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:34:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Went to China-Mart this morning and they had a couple of boxes of ZQ 9mm. It was the 2nd least expensive 9mm ammo in the case with Tula being the loss leader which isn't saying a whole lot.

The boxes were clearly marked "NATO". As I was not buying any I didn't ask the corporate drone to take a box out so I could inspect the crimps. Likely she'd have copped a 'tude had I done that.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top