Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 8:50:36 PM EDT
Well...I just broke my priming arm, large primer punch and large primer cup. Anyone know where I can order replacements?
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Hornady, they'll have you one by next week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:07:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Dang, I was going to say that. Else, if you do it a few times and start getting ashamed, Midway seems to have a lot of spare parts for Hornady presses. Sometimes I order a spare when the part goes on sale or "clearance" (which I still don't know what that means). Then if something breaks on the weekend, I have extra.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Call Hornady, they'll have you one by next week.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:12:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks I'll give them a call in the AM and see what they say
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got a package to replace a broken seater stem from them this week.

Hornady and RCBS are GTG for warranty.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never primed on my single stage press . Putting the primers in one at a time seams slow.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:55:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, called hornady and they have already shipped out the parts!
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:56:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have never primed on my single stage press . Putting the primers in one at a time seams slow.
View Quote

I set the primer the use the expander die (for pistol) in the same step so it makes it worth it. I did use the hand primer last night and liked it quite a bit
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 6:44:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Just an update hornady over nighted my parts! Great customer service a big +1 for hornady in my book
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I set the primer the use the expander die (for pistol) in the same step so it makes it worth it. I did use the hand primer last night and liked it quite a bit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done it that way. Primed and expanded in one step. They make a primer feeder for the lnl single stage. Once you get it set it works really well. I belive the tubes hold about 70 primers
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice thanks man I'll need to look into one of those!
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:59:06 PM EDT
[#12]
How hard is the primer tube to set up to get it to work right?
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How hard is the primer tube to set up to get it to work right?
View Quote

I just raise the ram all the way then push the priming tube assembly down against the priming arm. Then just tighten the bolt down

i had a few double feeds until i found the sweet spot but after you know where to place it you can remove and reinstall with minimal fuss
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Installed primer feed tube on my single stage LNL two days ago...love it...smooth and easy to set up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top