Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/6/2014 5:36:20 PM EDT
What is the best bang for the buck case trimmer? Are the Lee quick trims gtg or do I need to dig a little deeper and buy something like rcbs trim pro?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:57:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Lee's Quick Trim isn't a bad way to go.  It is simple to use, takes care of length and deburs/chamfers at the same time, and it's inexpensive.  For a single stage press user, it's not a bad choice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:12:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I use almost all Lee stuff, but Forster Classic.
This if you do 100s or 1000s at a time.

I could see after several years, of having more invested in the Lee die type trimmer, you have to buy a die for each caliber.

If you just do a 20rd box once a month or something, just get the old Lee fixed length stick trimmers.  These are very small, easy to pack, cheap, and are fine for 10-20rds at a time.
A Lee fixed trim, case kit, and a lee loader tool all pack into a pocket sized box - the ultimate bug out pack.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on what your definition of "bang" is...

If youre reloading 2k 223 brass at a time the Giraud is the best bang for your buck...

If your reloading a box of 50 of 10 different calibers I would go with the lee trim.

If you want something much more accurate, the Wilson case trimmer is the most accurate trimmer you can buy..

I have all of the above and they all get used.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:04:49 PM EDT
[#4]
For .223 I use the Lee trimmer and a drill. I'm a cheap skate.

You use the Lee priming tool too...modified a bit.
I trim thousands of cases like this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the WFT

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:50:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on what your definition of "bang" is...

If youre reloading 2k 223 brass at a time the Giraud is the best bang for your buck...

If your reloading a box of 50 of 10 different calibers I would go with the lee trim.

If you want something much more accurate, the Wilson case trimmer is the most accurate trimmer you can buy..

I have all of the above and they all get used.
View Quote

I'd agree with this. One other thing about the Wilson trimmer is that it holds the cases differently than the other trimmers. This is actually a plus, if you are doing considerable case preparation by hand and don't like to grab narrow cases. After reforming the brass, the cases are lubed and messy, but they can still be placed into the Wilson case holder and trimmed, the case mouth chamfered and deburred, the primer pockets can be uniformed, the flash holes can be deburred/chamfered. All the while you are doing these things, you can be holding the case inside of the 1-inch diameter Wilson case holder rather than directly holding the case. You can then remove the case from the case holder and clean them (I use hot water and detergent).

The other thing that can be done before any of those steps is that the case base can be trued (some bulk cases are convex, crooked, "over head-stamped" at the base). The Wilson case trimmer is the only case trimmer that allows you to true/flatten the case head. Since many measurements are made off the case head, it may be useful for you to true the case head and then proceed.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a Giraud for my 223 and a WTF2 for 5.7.  I am considering the Frankford Arsenal Prep center for all my others.

$165 shipped on Ebay
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Forster 3 way I use for odd cases.

but once you try this one you will never go back

http://www.giraudtool.com/Tri%20Way%20Trimmer.htm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VUmzQZmU5oc[/youtube]
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:26:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I will be using it for 223 and I'll probably only be doing 100 at a time. I was leaning towards the Lee but read a lot of mixed reviews. But I think that is typical for Lee products
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Best bang for the buck IMHO is Girauds trimmer head, that you mount on a drill.

http://www.giraudtool.com/Tri%20Way%20Trimmer.htm

It's $90, which is not cheap.  But it uses his cutting head and high processing speed concepts.  Most importantly, the capture system prevents brass dust from making your eyes hurt after ever session - which happens with the other approaches out there.

Their complete power trimmer which has the motor and all built in is even better, but not likely in the price range you seek.  I have one of those and am trimming and chamfering brass at a pace of about 2 seconds per casing.  And like I said, most importantly your eyes don't hurt after a session any more.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:33:37 PM EDT
[#11]

The bestest!

<off topic pic removed>, this is not GD. dryflash3

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a Giraud for my 223 and a WTF2 for 5.7.  I am considering the Frankford Arsenal Prep center for all my others.

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/628/628405.jpg

$165 shipped on Ebay
View Quote

To me, all those "prep centers" look like a sibling of the flying "ball of death" from Phantasm.  Just sayin'  

I have a couple of calibers I don't yet have Giraud case holders for (like 300 Blk) yet, and for them I have the Lee basic trimmer.  I also have (somewhere I can't see it at the moment) an old but reliable RCBS lathe-type trimmer that I once found instructions for how to spin with an electric screwdriver.  I may just go to that when I start trimming the batch of brass I'm converting to 300 Blk, 'cause it ain't any harder than the Lee, and my fingers won't get all screwed up using it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:03:29 PM EDT
[#13]
If you watch a demo on it, it looks like easy setup for the cartilages I do not shoot a lot of. I was looking at it for the case prep tools, but after seeing the case trimmer setup it looks useable.

I have about every trimmer out there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:06:38 PM EDT
[#14]
For one caliber in small lots? Lee would suffice or the Lyman Ezee Trim
For one caliber in larger volumes? WFT hands down....
For one caliber in huge volumes? Giraud

For doing small lots of many cartridges? Choose your poison one of the following-Forster Original/RCBS Trim Pro II
For pure precision in small lots L.E.Wilson

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I use the DILLON 1200B for 223 and 308
This setup can de-prime, resize, and trim cases with each pull of the handle
I can process about 800-1000 rounds an hour
when when your done, your hands are clean.

but use the possum hollow trimmers for 6.8 and other caliber that I use in smaller batches.

https://www.possumhollowproducts.com/KWICK_CASE_TRIMMERS.html

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#16]
This Lee works well.  Use with a drill or by hand while watching tv. Automatically sets the correct trim length. This may be the only item worth buying from Lee.    
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This Lee works well.  Use with a drill or by hand while watching tv. Automatically sets the correct trim length. This may be the only item worth buying from Lee.    http://www.realguns.com/images/case_trimmer_7mm08.gif
View Quote

I found the possum hollow types faster,  but the LEE works well, sets up easier, and makes trim length foolproof.

not all LEE stuff is junk,  I like there dies too.

( this, coming from a die hard DILLON Kool-Aide drinker )

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Buy once, cry once: new Giraud Tri-way. No need to do separate chamfer or deburr. Big time saver. No little bits of brass all over the place.

I had a Lee Zip Trim, what a pain. Blisters and frustration for anything more than a few cases. Yes, it's cheap. That's good.

I have several WFTs, but now I have my Girauds, they are in the reloading box and stay there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Certainly not a cheap trimmer set up, but a very well made prep center is the CTS Pro 600. I picked this early this year. While you still have to chamfer and deburr in separate steps I still like it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really like the WFT

http://www.littlecrowgunworks.com/wft.html

View Quote

I'm sure it is a great trimmer but they need to adjust their shipping charges to allow for multiple purchases. I inquired about ordering one for .223, one for 308, and one for 30-06. They wanted $6 for each item shipped.

Vince
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will be using it for 223 and I'll probably only be doing 100 at a time. I was leaning towards the Lee but read a lot of mixed reviews. But I think that is typical for Lee products
View Quote

I think that my L.E. Wilson trimmer is awesome. If you are only reloading 100 at a time and are concerned about accuracy, I think it is the way to go IMO. I use mine for .223 and .308.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:11:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Lee is cheapest and slowest.  Used before I upgraded to those below.
WFT is fast but hard on your fingers after about 200-400 rounds (depending how manly you are). Used on 300BO and 223. Using Dillon now.
WFT2 is as good as WFT but you have to adjust it each time if you use for multiple calibers. I use on Grendel and 30/30 since I don't shoot much of those.
Dillon trimmer is fantastic.Using on 300BO, 223 and 308 and soon on 30-06.

I can't say enough about how good the Dillon is. If using a progressive press, there is essentially no way anyone can say any other trimmer is faster than the Dillon.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
WFT is fast but hard on your fingers after about 200-400 rounds (depending how manly you are). Used on 300BO and 223. Using Dillon now.
WFT2 is as good as WFT but you have to adjust it each time if you use for multiple calibers. I use on Grendel and 30/30 since I don't shoot much of those.

I can't say enough about how good the Dillon is. If using a progressive press, there is essentially no way anyone can say any other trimmer is faster than the Dillon.

View Quote

That is if you don't chamfer/debur with the Dillon.

If you do, you have to run the progressive and then chamfer/deburr while with the Giraud you run the progressive, and trim/chamfer/debur in one step.

At the least, it's just as fast. At the best, it is one step faster because you don't have to handle each piece twice...

I know, I know, not another Giraud vs. Dillon thread.. Just thought I would clarify your absolute statement because IMHO it is misleading.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What is the best bang for the buck case trimmer? Are the Lee quick trims gtg or do I need to dig a little deeper and buy something like rcbs trim pro?
View Quote

IMO is it without a doubt, for my purposes the Giruad Tri Way

I can't speak for trimming on a progressive.  But if you want to trim - debur - chamfer a lot of .223/5.56 off the press as a lot of people do...the Tri - Way is a great tool.   It trims - chamfers - deburs at the same time.  

I have used the LEE, the WFT, a Gracey, and the Tri-Way.    The Tri - Way is the answer if you plan to process sufficient quantity of brass that doing something to the brass 3 times instead of once becomes a nuisance or time constraint, and you don't want to break the bank.    

Since getting the Tri Way a few weeks ago, I 've now processed 1000 brass through it to test it, and am very pleased (and glad I didn't spend over $400 on the complete Giraud as this solution in a drill works for me for less $).

YMMV ... there really isn't a correct response....the correct solution is the one that works for you for your purposes .....but I now recommend the Giraud tri way
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Valid point. But I did say the word "faster". Since the vast majority of us tumble after sizing/trimming, you get rid of the sharp edges automatically. If Wet tumbling especially aids in this. If I were processing match rounds for 750yd+, I probably wouldn't ever use cases prep'ed in the "fast"est way possible. Just all depends what your expectations are. Personally, I would rather spend less time prep'ing cases and more time shooting. That is what the dillon has done for me. So, my absolute statement is 100% valid. Your statement is too. We can both be right.

Quoted:

If you do, you have to run the progressive and then chamfer/deburr while with the Giraud you run the progressive, and trim/chamfer/debur in one step.

At the least, it's just as fast. At the best, it is one step faster because you don't have to handle each piece twice...

I know, I know, not another Giraud vs. Dillon thread.. Just thought I would clarify your absolute statement because IMHO it is misleading.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:38:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

What is the best bang for the buck case trimmer?
View Quote
Since you asked about best for cost (something most arfcom replies
cannot grasp as they suggest multiple hundred dollar machines with
equally expensive caliber changes)...

I suggest the Lyman Universal Trimmer. You get almost all the pilots you'll need with it and it can do all but the largest cases (50bmg and the like).

The hand crank is nice for doing light touch up trimming on cases and you can get powered adapters for it that let it use a power drill (and you can leave them set for the cases you do the most trimming of).

These extra trimmer rods and cutters can be picked up cheaply online or in store returns (I bought my 2nd power trim bar for $5 in the bargain cave at cabela's, and the first off ebay for $15 with two extra cutters and a full set of extra pilots) from people dumping them to upgrade to the more expensive machines others have suggested in this thread.

I use a couple of older deburring tools, but Lyman makes a case prep multi tool that has both inside and outside deburring tools, plus primer pocket cleaners which looks pretty neat.

The Lyman universal is superbly precise and quite fast. I just pick up new/barely used cutters and power adapters and leave each set for specific cartridges (currently 300blk, 5.56 and .308) with the hand crank one as my float cutter for other stuff that might come up (currently 30-30 as I did a batch of 500 cases).

If you get paid dollars per minute/get unlimited overtime/have sponsors to give you free machines/etc, by all means the fancy trimmers are the way to go, but otherwise a Lyman or motor included RCBS will work fine for almost all your trimming (except 50bmg and such as mentioned before).

Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:41:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Since you asked about best for cost (something most arfcom replies cannot grasp as they suggest multiple hundred dollar machines with equally expensive caliber changes)...

I suggest the Lyman Universal Trimmer. You get almost all the pilots you'll need with it and it can do all but the largest cases (50bmg and the like).

The hand crank is nice for doing light touch up trimming on cases and you can get powered adapters for it that let it use a power drill (and you can leave them set for the cases you do the most trimming of).

These extra trimmer rods and cutters can be picked up cheaply online or in store returns (I bought my 2nd power trim bar for $5 in the bargain cave at cabela's, and the first off ebay for $15 with two extra cutters and a full set of extra pilots) from people dumping them to upgrade to the more expensive machines others have suggested in this thread.

I use a couple of older deburring tools, but Lyman makes a case prep multi tool that has both inside and outside deburring tools, plus primer pocket cleaners which looks pretty neat.

The Lyman universal is superbly precise and quite fast. I just pick up new/barely used cutters and power adapters and leave each set for specific cartridges (currently 300blk, 5.56 and .308) with the hand crank one as my float cutter for other stuff that might come up (currently 30-30 as I did a batch of 500 cases).

If you get paid dollars per minute/get unlimited overtime/have sponsors to give you free machines/etc, by all means the fancy trimmers are the way to go, but otherwise a Lyman or motor included RCBS will work fine for almost all your trimming (except 50bmg and such as mentioned before).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since you asked about best for cost (something most arfcom replies cannot grasp as they suggest multiple hundred dollar machines with equally expensive caliber changes)...

I think the way most people approach this is "how much is your time worth."

Considering most people on here make anywhere from $20-60, I/we consider my/our time very valuable.

So buying a $500 Giraud that cuts trimming time from 12.5 hrs to 1 hr has paid for itself. You could do that in the first month easy, or maybe the first year.. Work a little overtime, now you have arguably the best trimmer on the market that will last you a lifetime and pay for itself 100x over in time savings.

He didn't ask what is the absolute cheapest way to go, he asked for the most cost effective. To me, that means what will get the job done the fastest so I can get on with my life doing the things I enjoy more than sitting in front of a hand crank chipping away at a single piece of brass at a time that still has to be chamfered/deburred afterwards.

Honestly, I think the tri-way trimmer (which I don't have) wins the best all around cost effective trimmer at this point. It does all the steps at once for $90 and it is just as fast as the original $500 Giraud (which I have).
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 7:52:13 AM EDT
[#28]
For a single caliber, Giraud's new trimmer is a great deal.  But I'll add that once one buys the original Giraud trimmer, you only need to buy a $30 case holder for every new caliber (actually every new shoulder profile) you add, and maybe a new cutter head for different diameters (unless you want to tweak a single cutter for every different diameter).  So if you do 5 different bottlenecked calibers, you'll be almost at the purchase price for Giraud in one caliber, but if you add a sixth, caliber, you are now at the point that you've "broken even" in terms of trimmers versus machine and case holders.  There IS an advantage for the new trimmer in setup time; you only have to stick it in your drill or motor system, where with the original system you have to change case holders (and maybe cutters), but I think that's a minor issue.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:38:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
For a single caliber, Giraud's new trimmer is a great deal.  But I'll add that once one buys the original Giraud trimmer, you only need to buy a $30 case holder for every new caliber (actually every new shoulder profile) you add, and maybe a new cutter head for different diameters (unless you want to tweak a single cutter for every different diameter).  So if you do 5 different bottlenecked calibers, you'll be almost at the purchase price for Giraud in one caliber, but if you add a sixth, caliber, you are now at the point that you've "broken even" in terms of trimmers versus machine and case holders.  There IS an advantage for the new trimmer in setup time; you only have to stick it in your drill or motor system, where with the original system you have to change case holders (and maybe cutters), but I think that's a minor issue.
View Quote

Yeah, I agree.. I just bought my Giraud a few weeks ago. In fact, he announced his new tri-way trimmer while mine was on backorder..

I went back and forth on whether I should just get the tri-way, but decided that I'll stick with the original since I reload at least 7 calibers and it's more cost effective that way. Plus, only 3 of the 7 calibers I reload he makes the tri-way for, so that's another important point to consider.

I started out with the Lee trimmer, then possum hollow, then Wilson, and now Giraud. I would sell some guns before I get rid of the Giraud, it has a permanent home on my bench.
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's more like seven. And that's if you use one cutter head with the power trimmer.

Giraud Power Trimmer + 5 additional case holders (totals 6 calibers) = $590 (+ $45 for each additional head)

6 Giraud Tri-Way trimmers  =  $540

-----------------------------------------------------

Power Trimmer + 6 case holders (totals 7 calibers) = $620  (+ $45 for each additional cutter head)

7 Tri-Way Trimmers = $630
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think it's more like seven. And that's if you use one cutter head with the power trimmer.

Giraud Power Trimmer + 5 additional case holders (totals 6 calibers) = $590 (+ $45 for each additional head)

Power Trimmer + 6 case holders (totals 7 calibers) = $620  (+ $45 for each additional cutter head)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I figured up too. But when you consider he only offers 6 tri-way cutters (as of now) that don't even begin to cover older (say WWI era) rifles, it's a moot point.

Giraud is either a genius or an idiot. He has either killed his profit big time from the original, or is making a killing off of the tri-way and can probably produce them much easier.

My bet is that he would love to just eliminate the original all together and sell people 5-10 of the tri-ways at probably 60+% profit! But hey, more power to him.. I will gladly pay the extra for a well made product!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yeah, that's what I figured up too. But when you consider he only offers 6 tri-way cutters (as of now) that don't even begin to cover older (say WWI era) rifles, it's a moot point.

Giraud is either a genius or an idiot. He has either killed his profit big time from the original, or is making a killing off of the tri-way and can probably produce them much easier.

My bet is that he would love to just eliminate the original all together and sell people 5-10 of the tri-ways at probably 60+% profit! But hey, more power to him.. I will gladly pay the extra for a well made product!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's also probably just a matter of time before Giraud  replaces the snap ring that keeps the bearing/brass holder in place on the Tri Way with a threaded pinch screw and interchangeable bearings/calibers like this one too.    Regardless of if he does or not....the market will work it out it seems.   I guess one side benefit of all the new reloaders added to the rolls the last few years...is there is a little more incentive for tool and equipment manufacturers to innovate.   Either way... I saw the discussion on the Trim It II and thought I would add it here  (I still like my Giraud Tri Way )
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I use the CTS trimmer - but I'm not doing a 55 gal drum of cases either.

I also have a Lyman trimmer I use for my .300 winnie, .270, .25-06, and .22-250   but for all of those a 100 cases may last me for years before I have to scrounge up more brass so it doesn't take to much time to prep a new batch of brass using the lyman.

CTS trimmer
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Considering most people on here make anywhere from $20-60, I/we consider my/our time very valuable.

So buying a $500 Giraud that cuts trimming time from 12.5 hrs to 1 hr has paid for itself. You could do that in the first month easy, or maybe the first year.. Work a little overtime, now you have arguably the best trimmer on the market that will last you a lifetime and pay for itself 100x over in time savings.

He didn't ask what is the absolute cheapest way to go, he asked for the most cost effective. To me, that means what will get the job done the fastest so I can get on with my life doing the things I enjoy more than sitting in front of a hand crank chipping away at a single piece of brass at a time that still has to be chamfered/deburred afterwards.

Honestly, I think the tri-way trimmer (which I don't have) wins the best all around cost effective trimmer at this point. It does all the steps at once for $90 and it is just as fast as the original $500 Giraud (which I have).
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you get paid dollars per minute/get unlimited overtime/have sponsors to give you free machines/etc, by all means the fancy trimmers are the way to go...

If you actually read it, I did put the caveat there to cover folks like you who have secured ideal employment.

And while he didn't say cheapest, he didn't state a $500 machine either in the two examples given in terms of price range. Always hilarious how someone could say they're looking at "A or B" and people here will suggest Q or X.

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:41:21 AM EDT
[#35]

Always hilarious how someone could say they're looking at "A or B" and people here will suggest Q or X.

View Quote

That's because more often than not, people want verification that they can spend the cheapest amount of money possible and have a tool that works better than an expensive one.

Look, every reloader on here probably started with the cheap lee trimmers. They're fine if you do 50 or so cases at a time (like I said in my original post), which is about the level people start with.

But like everyone, you will reach a point where you realize that you wasted a whole lot of money on "A or B" when you could have just bought "Q or X" in the first place and had the very best.

That is why people always suggest "Q or X" instead of agreeing with false logic...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://media.midwayusa.com/productimages/880x660/Primary/628/628405.jpg

$165 shipped on Ebay
View Quote

I freaking love my frankford prep center!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:15:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Tell me more about it.

The Giraud and CTS are way too much for me to spend on this "hobby", but I like the utility and production speeds they offer.
If the Franklin is on par for performance and quality of production similar to the CTS 600, then at about $165, I'm all in.

I rotate through about 4000 cases of LC, replacing whatever goes through it's 4th reload with "new" once-fired brass to stay at about that 4000 round stock.
I could sit and run through trimming 1000 cases at a time so a production tool is what I need and wouldn't mind springing for the Franklin if it can do the job.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:14:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
This Lee works well.  Use with a drill or by hand while watching tv. Automatically sets the correct trim length. This may be the only item worth buying from Lee.    http://www.realguns.com/images/case_trimmer_7mm08.gif
View Quote

Thats funny.

And the exact trimmer I use
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take the Dillon,tumble brass, then first pass is, deprime,  remove crimp,  size and trim , hit M-die then tumble again to smooth case mouth and load. Works slicker then frog s*^t  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#40]
I've been putting some miles on my Giraud Tri-Ways recently and all I have to say is... Why couldn't I have found something like this 20 years ago when I began reloading...

Like many I was a low volume loader / hunter for a number of years.  The RCBS trim pro was fine.  The Lee's were fine too.  50 here, hundred there...

Now 1000+ '06 or 223 and you want production rate... WFT good, WFT II good.  Giraud tri-way awesome.  Giraud standard too expensive unless you are really moving volume.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Along the lines of the WFT I prefer the Trim It, it takes the base design of the WFT to the next step in precise adjustability.

Vince
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I think that my L.E. Wilson trimmer is awesome. If you are only reloading 100 at a time and are concerned about accuracy, I think it is the way to go IMO. I use mine for .223 and .308.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Best hand cranked trimmer out there.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 1:44:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Add the drill adapter with a handheld screwdriver (it's a hex bit) and you have a gem! I absolutely love mine now that I added the power screwdriver! Just as accurate and at least twice as fast and saves your fingers/wrist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top