Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2014 2:45:25 PM EDT
I must say this is some nice brass if you are looking for new 300blk brass.

I have made almost 1000 300blk cases myself from converted LC and PMC brass. It is nice and does the job so far with no problems. I bought the Gemtech brass to try out some factory brass.

The Gemtech brass I received the other day is very nice. I received 250 cases and checked about 50 of them. Of the 50 or so that I checked it was all +/- 0.001" of 1.358".  

I ordered the annealed cases and they sent non annealed by mistake but are making it right. Intact they sent me an e-mail informing of the problem before the brass even got here. They knocked some off the price if I want to keep the non annealed which I probably will.

I am not affiliated with Gemtech in any way other than being a customer. $112 for 250 cases my be a little expensive or not, I am not sure. I do know this is nice stuff if you are looking to save some time on the conversion process.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
for $.50/case you can find some full out rounds out there.....I just paid $.59/round shipped for .300blk.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

for $.50/case you can find some full out rounds out there.....I just paid $.59/round shipped for .300blk.
View Quote

Go on...

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know who manufactures Gemtechs cases?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Go on...

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go on...

Yes please, inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Do you know who manufactures Gemtechs cases?
View Quote

I have no idea who makes it for Gemtech.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Find me sub sonic for that price that is as accurate as my hand loads and I might be interested.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Ammo Seek is your friend.  I got mine from Freedom (I know, remans, but still) with free shipping since I was a first time customer.  Just google it and you will find the code for free shipping.

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/300aac-blackout
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:52:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have bought Gemtech ammo and the brass is good. But you can get PNW brass for about half the price of Gemtech and I think it is a little better.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have bought Gemtech ammo and the brass is good. But you can get PNW brass for about half the price of Gemtech and I think it is a little better.
View Quote

Good to know if I decide to get more factory black out brass. The stuff I have converted is working like a champ so far and I have 300 more cases ready to convert.

The Gemtech was bought as a curiosity mostly. It is nice but I will keep the PNW in mind if go the factory route again.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:02:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have made almost 1000 300blk cases myself from converted LC and PMC brass. It is nice and does the job so far with no problems. I bought the Gemtech brass to try out some factory brass.

The Gemtech brass I received the other day is very nice. I received 250 cases and checked about 50 of them. Of the 50 or so that I checked it was all +/- 0.001" of 1.358".  

I ordered the annealed cases and they sent non annealed by mistake but are making it right. Intact they sent me an e-mail informing of the problem before the brass even got here. They knocked some off the price if I want to keep the non annealed which I probably will.

I am not affiliated with Gemtech in any way other than being a customer. $112 for 250 cases my be a little expensive or not, I am not sure. I do know this is nice stuff if you are looking to save some time on the conversion process.
View Quote

They are high to what I've seen... I don't have the time to trim 223 to 300blk. Try here.  I'm not affiliated with the linked site either. I just hate getting ripped off.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They are high to what I've seen... I don't have the time to trim 223 to 300blk. Try here.  I'm not affiliated with the linked site either. I just hate getting ripped off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back when I first ordered my gun I bought 200 cases form somebody in the EE but can't remember who. It was all LC and was very nice. I will keep that guy in mind if I order pre made brass again. I am setting on about 1400 cases and have another 300 to convert so I should be good to go for a while. I shot mostly subs and they are easy on the brass so far.

I also think it is cool to have some brass with a 300blk head stamp.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:42:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I get my brass for $0.12 cut down LC.  I've had plenty of problems with 300BLK head stamped brass.  neck brass too thin!  I throw em away
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:36:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#14]
^ that was the guy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top