Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2014 1:09:55 AM EDT
Anyone use any of their bullets? I'm new to reloading and came across this company watching a video where someone was running their 245gr RNFP on top of some Lil' Gun for a cheap subsonic round.

Anyone have any experience with their bullets or any recommendations?

What's the difference when running lead bullets?

I was also thinking about stocking up on their 124gr 9mm RN and 147gr 9mm FP or would I be better off going with extreme bullets? 9mm will be primarily ran through my AR but I have a MP9 to run them through as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:16:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Ive used them in 45 and 380. They are cheap and work well. I used the lead loads data in my Lyman book.

I was told that the lead bullets might clog your gas port. But I have no experience with shooting lead in an ar but that is what I heard once.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:53:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a box of both sitting on my reloading desk. I have loaded their 357 bullets and they work great. My bro loaded some of the 124 gr it was a long time ago and I don't remember how they shot. I have been thinking about buying some of their 300 BLK bullets but haven't yet worried about the gas port.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:45:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is the video I came across the load in and here are their "Hi-Tek" coated version of the bullets.

According to their site -
What are your coated bullets?
We start with our own lead cast bullets. Then we treat them with the Hi-Tek 2-Extreme Coating from J&M Specialized Products P/L. The Hi-Tek 2-Extreme Coating is a lubricant that is bonded to the bullets by heat curing. Lead fouling and smoke from wax lube are non-existant due to this coating process. We selected the Hi-Tek 2-Extreme process because it produces a very durable and smooth finish with superb lubricity.

Another video I dug up on it
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ive used them in 45 and 380. They are cheap and work well. I used the lead loads data in my Lyman book.

I was told that the lead bullets might clog your gas port. But I have no experience with shooting lead in an ar but that is what I heard once.
View Quote

hum my 9mm has no gas port to plug
I've not had a issue with my home cast castbullets in mine, willbe switching to the coated bullet after I set up a cure oven
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:14:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Great bullets! I've run 5K or so of the #4- XD 200 gr RN through my XD45 without any hiccups. Their quality control is great. I've had to throw out maybe 5 bullets at the most total that weren't useable.

I haven't run any of their 9mm bullets as I had plenty of FMJ already stocked up and also like to shoot my 45 more.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I see your in KS. If you want to make the trip to Holden, he offers a cash discount. Military discount too.

I also think he is a fucking weirdo, but his bullets work. It's either Aspergers or the lead.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:57:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've not had a issue with my home cast castbullets in mine, willbe switching to the coated bullet after I set up a cure oven
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he's referring to the 30 cal 245 grain lead bullets they make for the 300 blk. I have reloaded and shot some of them, but I won't put lead through my suppressor, as it's not user serviceable. Been thinking I might size some down and powdercoat them or something, but it's pretty far down on my list of things to do.

Outside of that, I have had good experiences with them for lead projectiles. I still order from RMR instead because a.) site supporter and b.) better prices and quality after shipping.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#8]
You might want to look at powder coated bullets from snscasting.com too, though I'm not sure they have a bullet that will work for you in .300 BO.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:39:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I have shot thousands of 45, 44, 38, and 9mm bullets from them but nothing in a rifle. Their handgun bullets are good to go in my book.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
with the price of coated and extremes, i am surprised that people still run lead bullets in popular calibers. Having run lead in the past, i have found them to be dirty, gum up my dies and other misc things.   To the OP, spring for either coated or extremes.  you will clean less and not have to worry about leading in your barrels or smoking up the shooting area.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:18:33 PM EDT
[#11]
I prefer lead bullets in .38 Special and .45 acp. Although I load hollow points for serious use, lead provides for lots of practice at low cost. Missouri Bullets are excellent and available, two things that go well together.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#12]
all i reload is lead pistol(besides,hot 44 mag).

my ar 9mm is blowback.

clown

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
all i reload is lead pistol(besides,hot 44 mag).

my ar 9mm is blowback.

clown

View Quote

I didn't know they were blowback. If that is the case with your ar OP, I say go for it.  

BTW, ordering 4 boxes of bullets combines the shipping making it the cheapest besides ordering their bulk bullets.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:27:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the information.

So far am I correct that the consensus is lead is just fine for a blowback AR?
What about through my MP9? I hear alot of talk about glock barrels needing to be upgraded in order to run lead through them.

Also, upgrade to the coated rounds for the 300? It's only an extra $4/ 250.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:59:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What about through my MP9? I hear alot of talk about glock barrels needing to be upgraded in order to run lead through them.

View Quote

If your 300 is suppressed through a non-user-serviceable suppressor, I would not put bare lead through it. Coated would be a minimum for me, but for as little as I actually get to shoot my 300, I shoot jacketed and call it a day. Don't know how thick the hi-tek coating is. Bayou bullets sells their poly coating to coat your own bullets, IIRC.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I have been loading their .45 bullets for my Ruger SR1911 with out any problems.  The haven't leaded up my barrel at all and shoot accurate. I use the 230 RN and the 200 LSWC so I can light load a round for the wife to shoot with a little less recoil.  I also found the LSWC to shoot very consistent and accurate.  Not sure about the rifle bullets but their handgun bullets are quality.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:40:36 PM EDT
[#17]
My main lead bullet supplier.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:41:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My main lead bullet supplier.
View Quote

Mine too, Brad the owner of MBC is great to deal with. He has great customer service and decent prices. Fast shipping as well.

I buy and use .380-9mm-.357-.40-.44 & .45acp from them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You might want to look at powder coated bullets from snscasting.com too, though I'm not sure they have a bullet that will work for you in .300 BO.
View Quote

MBC now has dry-lubed slugs including 45-70 (yippie!) and .300BO.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

YES.

If I were you, I'd upgrade to dry-lube all the way around.  It's SOOOOOO worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#21]
No issues with lead in M&P's.  I shoot about 32,000 MBC LRN 9mms a year and clean my gun 1x (on the 4th of July).

MY only issue my MBC is maybe 5-6 years ago I got a bad batch where the base of the bullet was knicked bad enough to where it wouldn't seat into the shell.  Out of a box of 500 ~10% were like this.   Emailed MBC and had replacement bullets sent out the next day with a return label to replace my entire defective order.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No issues with lead in M&P's.  I shoot about 32,000 MBC LRN 9mms a year and clean my gun 1x (on the 4th of July).

MY only issue my MBC is maybe 5-6 years ago I got a bad batch where the base of the bullet was knicked bad enough to where it wouldn't seat into the shell.  Out of a box of 500 ~10% were like this.   Emailed MBC and had replacement bullets sent out the next day with a return label to replace my entire defective order.
View Quote

Shooting the 124 gr's?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I see your in KS. If you want to make the trip to Holden, he offers a cash discount. Military Discount too.
View Quote

You know if that Military Discount applies to retired military as well as active duty?
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You know if that Military Discount applies to retired military as well as active duty?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see your in KS. If you want to make the trip to Holden, he offers a cash discount. Military Discount too.

I'm not 100% on that, I'm active. You might call his wife and ask.

Bulk discount starts at 100,000 haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top