Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:19:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I shot someone else's reloads once. Right off the bat they were blowing primers out. I suspect they were hot. Either way, I sold the rest as components only, and refuse to use somebodies reloads anymore. I wouldn't want anyone shooting mine either, even though I never come close to the max load.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 6:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My brother in law asked me to load some 9mm for him. I offered to show him how using my press. He came over and realized how much work actually goes into it and decided factory was the way to go for him.

Although I now have an additional brass hound since he knows to pick it up and throw it in the bag for me
View Quote

This is exactly what happened with my friend today. He finally came over and was all for learning how to reload. After about 15 minutes he said nevermind, this is a lot of work. He rather buy the ammo. I tried to explain how you can reload ammo custom tailored to an individual rifle/pistol and most of the time get more accuracy. His words were, "I dont give a crap about accuracy. I just wanna blast away!" He did however tell me he would save all brass he comes across and hand it over to me.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:55:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This is exactly what happened with my friend today. He finally came over and was all for learning how to reload. After about 15 minutes he said nevermind, this is a lot of work. He rather buy the ammo. I tried to explain how you can reload ammo custom tailored to an individual rifle/pistol and most of the time get more accuracy. His words were, "I dont give a crap about accuracy. I just wanna blast away!" He did however tell me he would save all brass he comes across and hand it over to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My brother in law asked me to load some 9mm for him. I offered to show him how using my press. He came over and realized how much work actually goes into it and decided factory was the way to go for him.

Although I now have an additional brass hound since he knows to pick it up and throw it in the bag for me

Theres a time and place for everything. Nothing wrong with this and why i buy wolf and tula. For instance taking friends to the range. Just cause you reload, doesnt mean you cant be a blaster sometimes too. :)
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:41:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I reloaded some dummy 45 acp rounds for my friend. Then he asked for some 22lr dummy rounds. I told him to go to the store and get some snap caps.

I thought about reloading some 40 s&w for a guy once. Even have the dies and a ton of brass for 40 even though I don't own one. Then I thought better of it.

The kid ended up shooting himself in the hand in the middle of the night with that 40...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I do load plinker 9mm and .45 for myself and a friend.  

We have the same pistols so it hasn't been a problem .

Loads are mid range  .
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Unless I witnessed the reloads being made, I wouldn't trust them.  I'd expect anyone to say the same about mine.  If someone wants ammo reloaded, I'll have them pick a time, show them the reload data, and help them reload.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes I do. like Aero E stated I work up the load with their rifle.

The video and still photos of my young cousin with her white tail kills made possible because of my youth loads for her 7mm-08 are priceless. The fact her dad did not have to buy her something in a lighter caliber makes him smile too. Plus she will grow and will not have to change rifles.

This is just one of many successes.

Sharing a learned skill with good friends and family is how I was raised.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 10:28:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yellow plastic screw anchors make perfect snap caps for .22 LR chambers.  We use the smooth side style, not the serrated type.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I reloaded some dummy 45 acp rounds for my friend. Then he asked for some 22lr dummy rounds. I told him to go to the store and get some snap caps.

I thought about reloading some 40 s&w for a guy once. Even have the dies and a ton of brass for 40 even though I don't own one. Then I thought better of it.

The kid ended up shooting himself in the hand in the middle of the night with that 40...

Yellow plastic screw anchors make perfect snap caps for .22 LR chambers.  We use the smooth side style, not the serrated type.

Do they feed from a magazine? I think that was what he wanted. But I will let him know. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:14:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I reload for friends and family. What's the big deal?
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Ill reload for my brother when he gets his AR together, im pretty anal about all my processes so i trust myself to do it. Had a friend who had some reloads and his went click a few times and come to find out that he had flipped primers on a few rounds. Asked him if he used the right primer feeder and he said i dunno, the hole seemed big for the primers but didn t matter much, needless to say that this is the reason i triple check every single round i make, yes it takes time but ill be damned if something happens because of my inpatients.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top