Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:50:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have found 24 pounds of 700X in the last year so I have had to limit my shooting. This has been my go to powder for all pistol loading for the last 15 or so years. Recently I discovered Maxim CSB-5 powder which Rio Shotshells uses as well as a few big manufacturers of pistol ammo so I bought a test lot and I like it. I have tested it and I have went all in since this powder is available, will not have to worry about pistol powder for about 15 years. It has been talked about on here so go research it. Most people are afraid of canister grade powders but lucky for me I am not and I can safely work loads from it. I really hope Maxim dumps powder on the US market as it is a great clean burning powder. It meters very well too.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope, I'll blame the people that think they have to buy 16+ pounds of powder just because it's on the shelf or because they "might" use it eventually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does anybody know why this is occurring or am I looking in the wrong place?

Thank You

Blame the Obama administration, their anti-gun agenda, new shooters, ammo prices, and inflation.

Nope, I'll blame the people that think they have to buy 16+ pounds of powder just because it's on the shelf or because they "might" use it eventually.

All the big federal ammo orders have cut into our supply as well, when they are ordering huge quantities of pistol ammo that powder has to come from somewhere and it is our supply.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
For those of you who depend on getting powder from LGS (I'm one of them most of the time) just keep trying. Sooner or later you'll hit.

Just this afternoon I was in a PSA store here and they had 1 lb. bottles of WST for $21 a pound.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For those of you who depend on getting powder from LGS (I'm one of them most of the time) just keep trying. Sooner or later you'll hit.

Just this afternoon I was in a PSA store here and they had 1 lb. bottles of WST for $21 a pound.
View Quote

My story also..

Scored 4 bottle of Titegroup on a Saturday, 2 more on Monday,  then 2 more bottle here recently..

Scored 4 of 8 bottle of WST on way home tonight (July 29 2014 product)

Seen 4 bottle of 231, left it, I dont use it, and seen 2 bottle of HP-38, dont use that either.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I hit 3 LGS on the way home , no pistol but plenty of cfe 223 @ 30.99 a lb

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top