Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2014 2:10:38 PM EDT
I stopped by a local reloading store today.  It's a bit of a dive, it's just a garage behind a guy's house, and it smells like cat pee, but hey, it's STRICTLY reloading, and they get stuff in regularly.

They had at least 10 kinds of IMR rifle powders, 2495, 2520, and another rifle powder or two from Accurate, had Blue Dot, an 8-pound jug of Red Dot, they had Tac, CFE223, and various others - an 8 pound of H322, and a couple of others 8 pound jugs as well.  They also had 3n38, N320, N130, N135, N140, N150, and at least one other VV powder.

The crazy part?  They got them all in at the end of last week, this is what was still left.  Usually they get stuff in and it's all gone in a day or two.  Prices were higher than I would have liked, but hey, it's better than not getting it at all, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Things are starting to come back, primers are not as hard as they used to be to get. Bullets are in stock. the supply of powders seem to be slow to catch up especially Winchester 231 and International Clay. Several gun stores in my area are still gouging however. It is a shame when Cabelas is the cheapest place to buy bullets, primers, and powder. 22LR is in supply at the local Academy. 375 round boxes for $17.99. Cheaper Than Dirt is still asking almost $90 for the same package of 22lr's.

Vince
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I think so too. I got 10 pounds IMR 4895 last week.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I will wait a year or two till vendors are wholesaling it due to a shitty economy and everyone having splurged already
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#4]
VV powders in rifle variants have not really been a problem, now the pistol variants are a different animal.
IMR Canadian produced offering are doing well not so with the Australian produced powders
IMR Australian produced stuff is hit and miss
Win powders with the exception of 231 are out there from St Marks
Hodgdon ball powders from St Marks with the except of HP38 and HS 6 are out there.
Hodgdon stick powders are hit a miss.  The Clays variants will not be out there for another 5 months till the plant in Australian plant is back on line so no Clays, International, or Universal
Western powders are pretty erratic.

Domestic brass is tough.

Primers save for Federal rifle primers are getting much better!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Primers are still rationed locally and powder is still like hen's teeth to get.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I will admit I have over bought a lot of powder in recent months. I have enough for a couple years. There are still a few I am lacking but I can wait for my backorders. I only purchased if the deal was there. I don't want to be lacking if something happens again. So, I agree with earlier post, in a year or so, the market will be flooded with no buyers. For Primers, it's already that way online. Lots of sales for primers that were tough to get 6 months ago...

Last I read about 22LR... there is still crazy demand and no chance of catching up for a year or so.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Lots of rifle powders in the LGS but pistol powders are another matter. Primers are available but not plentiful. Bullets brass are easy to get but not locally because LGS doesn't stock them.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
TONS of rifle powder although very expensive.  Reasonably priced primers everywhere and some places offering discount if you buy 2K+.  Pistol powder on the other hand is hard to find, unless you want Titegroup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top