Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2014 3:13:12 AM EDT
I'm looking at the GSI 300aac trim dies for my 1050.  I see that the toolhead needs to be milled out to get these to work.  Does anyone have a source that can do this?

IM me if you want to keep the person on the down low
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 9:36:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:06:15 AM EDT
[#2]
How much needs to be taken off?  Does anyone have pics of theirs?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:24:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thought Dillon was coming out with a new trimmer where you didn't have to use the machined down toolheads.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:00:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thought Dillon was coming out with a new trimmer where you didn't have to use the machined down toolheads.
View Quote

From what I understand it is just a stronger motor.  

In that Shot Show video, they showed just a single trim die,so I assume you will still need the 2 die set to reform 223 to 300aac.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
2 dies? My CH4D die converts from 5.56 to 300 Whisper in one pass.

jonblack
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
2 dies? My CH4D die converts from 5.56 to 300 Whisper in one pass.
jonblack
View Quote

Yeah it's a 1 pass deal forming and trimming, also IMO the CH4D 300blk trim die is the best one on the market

Only time I saw the spinning mentioned by GSI was when I used a sizer die before the trim die

station 6 is where I put it, allows me to run a M-die in station 8. I took .410 off of mine , Surely you must know someone working some place thats got a mill, I know me or the guys I work with would take the 20  minutes and do it for one of the guys off the plant floor for a soda
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a new milled toolhead from Texas Brassworks since I needed another toolhead anyways.

Now on to the dies....I'm looking at the CH4D.  I have the regular 1200B trimmer, so I need the short trim die correct?

I am also looking at a small cut-off saw to pre-cut the brass so I don't kill my 1200B.  Since the HFT one is discontinued, does anyone have a recommendation?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I ordered a new milled toolhead from Texas Brassworks since I needed another toolhead anyways.

Now on to the dies....I'm looking at the CH4D.  I have the regular 1200B trimmer, so I need the short trim die correct?

I am also looking at a small cut-off saw to pre-cut the brass so I don't kill my 1200B.  Since the HFT one is discontinued, does anyone have a recommendation?
View Quote

IIRC it's just the regular die , tell them what set up and they will hook you up,

I don't pre trim, I killed my used trimmer after 35K each of 300BLK and 223, crunch some numbers even if I kill the next 1 at 35K of just 300 blk, thats under $8 a thousand for $8.00/K I'm not going to pre cut plus then you have a case mouth that can gall the die
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I just got a new RT1200 for converting to .300 blackout.

There's a disclaimer in it saying that if you use it to trim more than 0.025" from any case, the warranty is null and void.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:35:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm looking at the GSI 300aac trim dies for my 1050. I see that the toolhead needs to be milled out to get these to work. Does anyone have a source that can do this?

IM me if you want to keep the person on the down low
View Quote

<removed> see #2 dryflash3

SPECIFIC TO SALES

1. Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products and or services in the forums (including siglines and titles) without prior approval from the site owners. Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis

2. Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This includes links to auctions.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:37:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just got a new RT1200 for converting to .300 blackout.

There's a disclaimer in it saying that if you use it to trim more than 0.025" from any case, the warranty is null and void.
View Quote

It also states that if you use any die other then a Dillon trim die it is void also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top