Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2014 9:14:11 PM EDT
So I got some of that Lymann treated walnut stuff with rouge. It cleans the shit out of them cases in about 20 minutes but I have to run the brass through hot water and dish soap to get the rouge off because i am affraid of what it might do to my rifle..Question: After reaming primer pockets how would one know if a primer pocket is too loose?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you using to ream the primer pocket? I know that the Hornady one has a built in stop... Other than that, some try to push a primer in by hand, and if you can do it, it's too loose.

Maybe someone with a little more knowledge can expand upon that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 10:41:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I am using the Hornady tool. It seems to work very well.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Anybody have a technique for getting all this red rouge crap out of the cases. It makes them shiny as heck but I dont know if it is a good idea to seat a bullet in a  case neck with rouge, or will it hurt anything?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have a technique for getting all this red rouge crap out of the cases. It makes them shiny as heck but I dont know if it is a good idea to seat a bullet in a  case neck with rouge, or will it hurt anything?
View Quote

How to get rid of it...Easy..quit using it..lol

I use to use it and then read somewhere the rouge is not so good as something to do when firing and going down the barrel..dont  know how true, but was just tired of red hands and red brass,..lol

Switched to a 50/50 mix of corncob and walnut with some nufinish and then after sizing/trimming or whatever a quick bath in plain corn cob. comes out shiny as hell and no red mess..
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:41:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Forget the source, but have read that the rouge is basically rust. So not going down any barrels of mine.

I use lizard litter from a pet store (very fine walnut) with a capful of NuFinish.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
When I tried some of it I had to use a brush to clean the case necks before resizing. I quit using for the problems mentioned. I use walnut with a dry powdered polish if I want cases polished, otherwise I only tumble enough to clean the dirt off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:27:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anybody have a technique for getting all this red rouge crap out of the cases.
View Quote

Take the treated media and throw it in the trash.

Problem solved.

Then go to the pet supply store and get plain ol' lizard litter, put it in your case cleaning machine and add a cap full or two of Nu-Finish car "Wax" and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#11]
K threw that shit out and got some medium crushed walnut. Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top