Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2013 7:20:59 AM EDT
Stupid question, but I can't seem to find anything on this using searches.

I'm looking for rifle bullet feeder dies so I can make my own bullet feeder for rifle.  It seems that MrBulletFeeder has something that works, but you can't buy just the die from them.

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]
have you called Competitive Edge Dynamics?  I see the pistol dropper assembly listed on their site but sometimes you can buy stuff over the phone that isnt listed.  I bought a few conversion kits and my Mr. Bulletfeeder through them.

Competitive Edge Dynamics
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/10/2013 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
have you called Competitive Edge Dynamics?  I see the pistol dropper assembly listed on their site but sometimes you can buy stuff over the phone that isnt listed.  I bought a few conversion kits and my Mr. Bulletfeeder through them.

Competitive Edge Dynamics

Hmm...  That site set off my anti virus.

Link Posted: 3/11/2013 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]
be kinda cool if some one could machine a finger that would fit the RCBS universal die (in place of the 38/9/40/45 fingers). so 30 and 223 could be ran through it.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
be kinda cool if some one could machine a finger that would fit the RCBS universal die (in place of the 38/9/40/45 fingers). so 30 and 223 could be ran through it.

Anaxagorus & Fat_McNasty:  Another option would be to use RCBS's Gold Medal Seater.  It has a window dang near identical to the feed and seat die RCBS makes for their rifle bullet feeder, excepting it has a mic on top which makes it pricy.  What remains is to figure out a way to drop a bullet in from a $28 bullet feeder style tube and repeat it on every index.  RCBS does it with a connection to the Uniflow Powder Measure.  It makes sense, because if and only if a charge of powder is dropped, a bullet is dropped into the feed die.  I have a .308 version, and plan to purchase a .223.  The .308 GMS works fabulous for me.

Been thinking about tackling this problem myself.....sigh....guess I'm getting older....it seems it's getting harder for me start the inertial momentum towards a new major project.  The last one, the Pro 2000 Case Feeder worked out great, but it took a while.......been resting up from that!  The Hornady case feeder is identical for all practical purposes, so maybe one of you make my life easier and figure it out first, and share it with us of course!
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 8:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anaxagorus & Fat_McNasty:  Another option would be to use RCBS's Gold Medal Seater.  It has a window dang near identical to the feed and seat die RCBS makes for their rifle bullet feeder, excepting it has a mic on top which makes it pricy.  What remains is to figure out a way to drop a bullet in from a $28 bullet feeder style tube and repeat it on every index.  RCBS does it with a connection to the Uniflow Powder Measure.  It makes sense, because if and only if a charge of powder is dropped, a bullet is dropped into the feed die.  I have a .308 version, and plan to purchase a .223.  The .308 GMS works fabulous for me.

Been thinking about tackling this problem myself.....sigh....guess I'm getting older....it seems it's getting harder for me start the inertial momentum towards a new major project.  The last one, the Pro 2000 Case Feeder worked out great, but it took a while.......been resting up from that!  The Hornady case feeder is identical for all practical purposes, so maybe one of you make my life easier and figure it out first, and share it with us of course!

Ive got a universal RCBS bullet feeder on the way and some nylon rod. Ill see if I can whip up a new insert. and if it goes right ill throw up some plans for it. Im thinking Ill need a new fingers, bullet guide and tube adapter. shouldn't be too hard to make one (if the die body is long enough). Im looking to do it for a BLK so its still pistol caliber length, so it might work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top