Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/15/2012 6:14:49 AM EDT
went to wally to buy some and they have two kinds, I is liquid in a bottle, other says diswashing type with crystal? which do you use and how much do you use to soak them in? thanks
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 6:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
this stuff  the crystals –– the liquid don't work been there done that

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the crystals also and its the citric acid in Lemi Shine that cleans the brass and makes it shine, the pins remove the surface contaminates, carbon, etc.

I have never seen Lemi Shine in a liquid form, but the contents should be the same.

I have tried three other dish washer type liquids and none of them worked because they did not contain citric acid or any other type acid.

All forms of liquid cartridge case cleaners contain some form of acid, and vinegar (acedic acid) is used in home made brass cleaners.

Bottom line, don't use anything but Lemi Shine if you want shiny brass.
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have the crystals also and its the citric acid in Lemi Shine that cleans the brass and makes it shine, the pins remove the surface contaminates, carbon, etc.

I have never seen Lemi Shine in a liquid form, but the contents should be the same.

I have tried three other dish washer type liquids and none of them worked because they did not contain citric acid or any other type acid.

All forms of liquid cartridge case cleaners contain some form of acid, and vinegar (acedic acid) is used in home made brass cleaners.

they are not the same  the liquid is a rinse agent and does not work. i have some i used once with no effect.  get the crystals
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

they are not the same  the liquid is a rinse agent and does not work. i have some i used once with no effect.  get the crystals

Thanks BIGGDAWG I just did a Google search, I see what you mean..........NO citric acid.

Lemi Shine® Rinse 8.45oz
The finishing touch for sparkling dishes and glassware
The only rinse agent formulated to remove hard water minerals from the rinse cycle
Not a replacement or substitute for original Lemi Shine®
Prevents etching
Does not cause plastic-ware attack like some additives
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#5]
How much should I use? Do I add it to tumbler media?
Link Posted: 8/15/2012 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

lemi-shine is used in wet tumbling with dawn dish soap and stainless steel media along with water.

if you are dry tumbling you don't use lemi-shine.

when wet tumbling you put the ss media in your drum and ad lemi shine according to how much water your tumbler uses. if it is a standard thumler it is 1 gallon so  you would use

about a 45 acp case worth of lemi shine. then you add your water then dish soap close up and tumble.

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

lemi-shine is used in wet tumbling with dawn dish soap and stainless steel media along with water.

when wet tumbling you put the ss media in your drum and ad lemi shine according to how much water your tumbler uses. if it is a standard thumler it is 1 gallon so  you would use

about a 45 acp case worth of lemi shine. then you add your water then dish soap close up and tumble.

You don't have to wet tumble to use it.  I had hundreds of tarnished 115gr 9mm JHPs, from 15 years back and I just put them into a glass vessel, with warm water and a 45 acp's worth of crystals and 15 minutes later, they were looking quite pimpy.

Don't know if badly tarnished brass would come out as well, but if you have tarnished components, it's good to have LemiShine crystals around.

It really works.

Chris

Link Posted: 8/15/2012 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't have to wet tumble to use it.  I had hundreds of tarnished 115gr 9mm JHPs, from 15 years back and I just put them into a glass vessel, with warm water and a 45 acp's worth of crystals and 15 minutes later, they were looking quite pimpy.

Don't know if badly tarnished brass would come out as well, but if you have tarnished components, it's good to have LemiShine crystals around.

It really works.

Chris

no you don't have to wet tumble to use it but you don't use it in dry media tumblers.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top