Site Notices
8/19/2014 4:57:02 PM
Author
Posted: 8/15/2012 10:14:49 AM
[Last Edit: 8/15/2012 10:15:52 AM by mayorbilk]
went to wally to buy some and they have two kinds, I is liquid in a bottle, other says diswashing type with crystal? which do you use and how much do you use to soak them in? thanks
BIGGDAWG
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 10:44:31 AM
[Last Edit: 8/15/2012 10:45:09 AM by BIGGDAWG]
this stuff the crystals –– the liquid don't work been there done that

bigedp51
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:24:37 PM
I have the crystals also and its the citric acid in Lemi Shine that cleans the brass and makes it shine, the pins remove the surface contaminates, carbon, etc.

I have never seen Lemi Shine in a liquid form, but the contents should be the same.

I have tried three other dish washer type liquids and none of them worked because they did not contain citric acid or any other type acid.

All forms of liquid cartridge case cleaners contain some form of acid, and vinegar (acedic acid) is used in home made brass cleaners.

Bottom line, don't use anything but Lemi Shine if you want shiny brass.
BIGGDAWG
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:44:52 PM
Originally Posted By bigedp51:
I have the crystals also and its the citric acid in Lemi Shine that cleans the brass and makes it shine, the pins remove the surface contaminates, carbon, etc.

I have never seen Lemi Shine in a liquid form, but the contents should be the same.

I have tried three other dish washer type liquids and none of them worked because they did not contain citric acid or any other type acid.

All forms of liquid cartridge case cleaners contain some form of acid, and vinegar (acedic acid) is used in home made brass cleaners.

they are not the same the liquid is a rinse agent and does not work. i have some i used once with no effect. get the crystals
bigedp51
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 1:54:03 PM
[Last Edit: 8/15/2012 1:56:10 PM by bigedp51]
Originally Posted By BIGGDAWG:
Originally Posted By bigedp51:

they are not the same the liquid is a rinse agent and does not work. i have some i used once with no effect. get the crystals

Thanks BIGGDAWG I just did a Google search, I see what you mean..........NO citric acid.

Lemi Shine® Rinse 8.45oz
The finishing touch for sparkling dishes and glassware
The only rinse agent formulated to remove hard water minerals from the rinse cycle
Not a replacement or substitute for original Lemi Shine®
Prevents etching
Does not cause plastic-ware attack like some additives
GLOCKENNBOOMER
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:00:51 PM
How much should I use? Do I add it to tumbler media?
BIGGDAWG
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:07:51 PM
Originally Posted By GLOCKENNBOOMER:

lemi-shine is used in wet tumbling with dawn dish soap and stainless steel media along with water.

if you are dry tumbling you don't use lemi-shine.

when wet tumbling you put the ss media in your drum and ad lemi shine according to how much water your tumbler uses. if it is a standard thumler it is 1 gallon so you would use

about a 45 acp case worth of lemi shine. then you add your water then dish soap close up and tumble.

ChrisGarrett
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:24:44 PM

lemi-shine is used in wet tumbling with dawn dish soap and stainless steel media along with water.

when wet tumbling you put the ss media in your drum and ad lemi shine according to how much water your tumbler uses. if it is a standard thumler it is 1 gallon so you would use

about a 45 acp case worth of lemi shine. then you add your water then dish soap close up and tumble.

You don't have to wet tumble to use it. I had hundreds of tarnished 115gr 9mm JHPs, from 15 years back and I just put them into a glass vessel, with warm water and a 45 acp's worth of crystals and 15 minutes later, they were looking quite pimpy.

Don't know if badly tarnished brass would come out as well, but if you have tarnished components, it's good to have LemiShine crystals around.

It really works.

Chris

BIGGDAWG
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/15/2012 4:30:14 PM
Originally Posted By ChrisGarrett:

You don't have to wet tumble to use it. I had hundreds of tarnished 115gr 9mm JHPs, from 15 years back and I just put them into a glass vessel, with warm water and a 45 acp's worth of crystals and 15 minutes later, they were looking quite pimpy.

Don't know if badly tarnished brass would come out as well, but if you have tarnished components, it's good to have LemiShine crystals around.

It really works.

Chris

no you don't have to wet tumble to use it but you don't use it in dry media tumblers.