Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2012 6:22:19 PM EDT
Anyone loading these.  I have a box on the way and cant seem to find any published data for them anywhere.  I plan on testing them with H110 and LIL gun.  From what im reading sounds like they should be loaded to around 2.245 oal   The hogdon book has loads for the 125 NOSBT would it be safe to start with the data on the low end of that and work up?  I ordered a box of the remington preimer match 125 OTM with to see what OAL there coming from the factory and how they fit the mag and what the accuracy is.    I plan on calling sierra tommorow and see if they have any offical data for these yet, seems they should butwho knows.  Being the bullet was designed for the 300blk im hoping for good results.
Link Posted: 2/28/2012 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I am about halfway through a box of 500.

So far they seem very accurate and tolerant to different seating depths.  

I am using them in both my AR and bolt gun.
Link Posted: 2/29/2012 8:10:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Would you mind sharing some of your at load data with me? What seating depth are u finding works best with the ar?  Have u tested them with h110 or lil gun. Any info you could share would be great  I plan on messing around with it and see what works best for me just looking at where I should start with seating depth and what are the min and maxes for theses powders. Infact this just reminded me I was gonna try calling Sierra today and see what they say. It they give me any info Ill post it up
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#4]
2.230 OAL, 18.4 gr H110 is my load. Going back tomorrow with some 19 gr but that is close to max. Got some LiLgun loads as well.
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Is anyone shooting these out of a 8" barrel that would care to share what velocity your getting with which powder?  

I have a loads with h110 and lil gun after testing the most accurate was at 17 gr with both powders which seems to be on the light side all have feed and cycled well the h110 failed to hold the bolt back on a empty mag once out of 4 times. The weather has been crappy here so i haven't been able to finish working on the loads and I'm really curious what kind of velocitys I can expect with my 8" barrel
Link Posted: 3/16/2012 8:42:57 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=79191

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=78419
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 8:00:20 AM EDT
[#7]
niether of those threads one of which is started by me talking of my load development for this round mention velocities out of a 8" barrel, and none of the threads on that site mention that paticular bullet out of a 8" barrel with veloctities thats why I was trying my luck here.
Link Posted: 3/17/2012 10:46:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Well it got clear for long enough to go shoot a string over the chrono and both powers are shooting around 1900 fps  i know my loads are are on the light side but that's what I'm getting best results with. Is this close to what can be expected out of a 8" barrel with these bullets?
Link Posted: 3/18/2012 3:28:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top