Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2011 11:40:09 PM EDT
I normaly use cci 41 in all my ar reloads. How do.these russian primmers stack up against them
These are for  budget bulk reloads not accuracy.
Just looking for reliability and safety
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I normaly use cci 41 in all my ar reloads. How do.these russian primmers stack up against them

These are for budget bulk reloads not accuracy.

Just looking for reliability and safety

You will have your haters and your kool-aid drinkers.

I have shoot alot of the wolf primers in SRM, SP, and LP.

say about 12,000 and have had one anvil off out. And no duds or hang fires.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
i have used  a couple 1000 wolf primers in large pistol and had no problems they are quite a bit cheaper in price but seem to be good quality.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#3]
A couple of years ago I read (don't remember where) a post that Wolf primers, part # KVB223M, were factory recommended for loading .223/5.56 and would stand up to higher pressures and not have possible slam fire issues in semi-auto rifles better than the "plain" Wolf small rifle primers (part # KVB223).  I bought some KVB223M's and tried them with fine results.  I have since loaded and shot thousands of them with no problems and will continue to use them.  The boxes are marked with ".223Rem" on them.  The Wolf regular small rifle primers boxes do not have ".223Rem" on them.  Later, I found that Wolf also offers primers with a part # of KVB556M, which would SEEM to indicate use in 5.56 cartridges, but I don't know for sure and have not seen any boxes to know what is printed on the box.  In any case, my use of KVB223M in .223/5.56 and 300 Blackout  has given no problems, and I stocked up on them when the price went down.  

Bottom line:  I also have CCI #41's.  I have seen no difference in performance or functioning or firing pin hits between the #41's and the Wolf KVB223M's; have never had a dud primer with them so far.  In .223/5.56 I am using the Wolf primers for my plinking/blasting reloads with pulled bullets.  I use CCI #41's with more accurate bullets for sighting in, hunting loads, and farm animal protection (I have read Wolf primer posts about duds, and for hunting or protection I want to minimize a chance of having a dud, thus the use of CCI #41's).

Edited to add:

This is from the maker of the primers.  It reads that KVB556M is for 5.56 cartridges, and KVB223M is a magnum small rifle primer.  Well, KVB223M works so fine for me, that I am sticking with it!  (The formatting got kinda messed up when I copied and pasted, but it is still readable.)  The part numbers that have the "E" in them refer to lead free primers.  The "4,43" or "5,33" refers to the primer diameter in millimeters.  www.flame.murom.ru/en/default.htm

Small PistolKVB-9KVB-9E4,43For Standard Pistol loads
Small PistolKVB-9SPKVB-9ESP4,43For 9x19 NATO cartridges
Small Pistol MagnumKVB-9MKVB-9EM4,43For Magnum Pistol loads
Large PistolKVB-45KVB-45E5,33For Standard Pistol loads
Large Pistol MagnumKVB-45MKVB-45EM5,33For Magnum Pistol loads
Small RifleKVB-223KVB-223E4,43For Standard Rifle loads
Small Rifle MagnumKVB-5,56MKVB-5,56EM4,43For 5,56 NATO cartridges
Small Rifle MagnumKVB-223MKVB-223EM4,43For Magnum Rifle loads
Large RifleKVB-7KVB-7E5,33For Standard Rifle loads
Large RifleKVB-7,62KVB-7,62E5,33For 7,62 NATO cartridges
Large Rifle MagnumKVB-7MKVB-7EM5,33For Magnum Rifle Loads
50 caliber Machine GunKVB-50KVB-50E8,02For 50 Browning Machine Gun
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:37:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#5]
ive loaded thousands never had 1 problem
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 5:28:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Considering the number of recent posts about misfires with Wolf primers, I don't think it would be a good idea to buy Wolf primers. Wolf quit has even guaranteeing their primers , so if you want to take a chance of throwing your money in the trash can, by all means, go for it.  I'm pretty sure that CCI would step up and do the right thing if you had a problem with their primers.

I thought they would still stand behind their primers , it's just they want the old ones back. Which after seeing post from a couple years back of people  taking them for a ride I request  them back in exchange too

please call CCI and tell them that you've had  2 duds in the last pak of 5000 and report back
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I got two orders like this awhile back.. Must have used about 60K of them.  I don't remember one not going bang.
They do seem to seat easier than the CCI#41.  I don't think I'll be getting anymore soon.  
Reason being I stocked up on the CCI#41 at a good price.
If for some reason the price would come down on the Wolf primers then I will rethink that decision.
I only used them for training ammo.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 11:11:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got two orders like this awhile back.. Must have used about 60K of them.  I don't remember one not going bang.
They do seem to seat easier than the CCI#41.  I don't think I'll be getting anymore soon.  
If for some reason the price would come down on the Wolf primers then I will rethink that decision.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1672/dillon003.jpg

ReefRaider,

I see you have KVB556M's.  Could you please post a picture of the 100rd box of primers...just curious if the box has "5.56" on it or how the top of the box is marked.

Thank you very much.

Link Posted: 8/20/2011 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the 100 count boxs are all the same red,black  and Small Rifle Magnum.  Only the lot# is on the packaging.  They are not marked 5.56 like the CCIs are.

FWIW

Quoted:
Quoted:
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/1672/dillon003.jpg

ReefRaider,

I see you have KVB556M's.  Could you please post a picture of the 100rd box of primers...just curious if the box has "5.56" on it or how the top of the box is marked.

Thank you very much.

Link Posted: 8/20/2011 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought 15k of the Wolf 223 from Powder Valley during the 4th of July sale. From reading, it seems that the hang-fire issues have been resolved in the newest lots. I'm doing load work-ups with them right now (surfing the web while the Chargemaster runs actually) so I should have a report after next weekend on these.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I agree with a lot of people in this thread that WOLF PRIMERS ARE GOOD TO GO.  Also, Tula primers are supposedly the same as Wolf and that they were just transferred over.  This may be the case or not, but I have had nothing but bad experiences with Tula primers.  I have about 25% failure rate with Tula primers in Small Rifle and Large Pistol.  So for me, TULA PRIMERS ARE NOT GOOD TO GO.
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 8:00:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top