Site Notices
4/15/2014 2:52:24 PM
4/15/2014 11:16:20 AM
Author
Posted: 8/10/2011 7:54:52 PM

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
Hey guys im kind of new to shotshell reloading and wanted to know if yall had any good recipes for a good all around buckshot and slug load. It would be nice if both could use the same powder also. So what ya got boys?
dryflash3
Global Warming Hoax Skeptic
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/10/2011 9:28:34 PM
With shot gun reloading you must follow load data exactly.

So you need to name the hull you are using, brand of primer, brand and type of wad, and powder you have.

Do your self a favor and get a copy of Lyman 5 shotshell reloading guide.

Read all of the first part of that book, it will teach you what you need to know.

What press do you have?
Selling agent for Algores carbon credit scam.

Shooting and Reloading, one hobby feeds the other.

Still_learning
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/10/2011 10:32:17 PM

Here are my recipes for combat slug and shotshell loads. <–– get some, there's civil unrest coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Slug Recipe

Buckshot Recipe
redmudd
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:40:23 PM
That ain't reloads. We can all go to wally world and pay out the a** for them. The op wants to load his own and save some money for lunch.
rg1
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/11/2011 12:22:30 AM
[Last Edit: 8/11/2011 12:23:40 AM by rg1]
Just got the new BPI Ballistic Products slug manual. Also have their buckshot manual. Good source for data but my main complaint with the BPI manuals is that they use mostly off-brand hulls such as Rio and Cheddite and most of their loads use only their wads etc. so to use their manuals you most often have to purchase components from them. Wish they had used common American hulls by Remington, Winchester, and Federal. They do use Federal Gold Medal type hulls in some loads and the Federal straight walled hull is the best and easiest to load using buckshot. Lyman's shotshell manual has slug and buckshot loads. Unless you shoot a lot of buckshot or slugs I wouldn't think it would be worthwhile. There are also some tools you will need to load most slug loads and BPI's manual has good how-to articles on them.
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/products.asp?dept=16
Still_learning
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/11/2011 2:31:38 AM
[Last Edit: 8/11/2011 2:38:58 AM by Still_learning]
Originally Posted By redmudd:
That ain't reloads. We can all go to wally world and pay out the a** for them. The op wants to load his own and save some money for lunch.

Indeed, I did not understand that. Thank you for clarifying that for me. I am such a dim wit.
CSAKing
Link To This Post
Posted: 8/11/2011 8:17:24 AM
Originally Posted By redmudd:

That's right mans got to eat ha. Also its real cheap for me to reload slugs and buckshot because I cas my own shot and slugs. Thanks for the info guys I'm deffinetly going to look into the BPI manuals