Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2011 5:06:31 PM EDT
I recently picked up a Lee Loadmaster and some dies. These were used but the dude said the pieces were all there.

I am trying to figure out where these dies go - I am loading .45acp

The depriming die is a no brainer as is the powder charger.

I have two other dies that I am assuming are the bullet seating die and then the crimp die.

I am a total newb to this and do not know which is which. The dies themselves have the markings -

LEE-45 ACP-F9

and the other shows

LEE-45 ACP-B3

I looked on the Lee site and did internet searches but am having no joy.

Can someone identify these?

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you post a photo?

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 5:34:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Lee-45 ACP-F9 on the left.

Lee-45 ACP-B3 on the right.

Thanks!

John
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
left is bullet seat/feed die, right is factory crimp die. HTH
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Look in the die.  Your seating die will have a seater plug (ie: round nose) inside which you can remove when you back the stem out of the die.
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all!
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 6:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I know I am too late. But here are photos of my dies taken. apart.

Lee bullet seater.

Lee crimp die.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 10:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks - the pics help too.

I just got finished loading close to 100 rounds. That primer feeder is a bear. I finally got it tweaked to feed reliably.

Woohoo... First time down. Now to figure outh what weapon to test them in... I am thinking a cheap 1911 just in case!
Link Posted: 6/29/2011 11:06:25 PM EDT
[#8]
As a loading newb, I would only load a few rounds first and test them in your gun to be sure the "bullets" function correctly, ie no FTF or FTE.
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 4:37:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2011 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything Lee, inc Loadmaster and Turret presses can be found here:

http://forums.loadmastervideos.com/forums/

Also the Lee site has pdfs of all the instruction manuals as well as setup videos.
Link Posted: 7/6/2011 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all. I guess I should have taken the dies apart to see what they did. That loadmaster forum looks pretty good as well.

As I said I loaded up close to 100 rounds on the loadmaster and took about half of it to test out. Each one went bang AND I hit what I was aiming at. Heck - that is good enough for me!!!

Thanks again to all who replied!

J
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 5:08:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Make sure your timing is correct!!! many a Loadmaster has gone in the garbage because of the timing being off. It'll reek havoc with your priming station too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2011 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Make sure your timing is correct!!! many a Loadmaster has gone in the garbage because of the timing being off. It'll reek havoc with your priming station too.

You can say that again! Looks like the previous owner had issues with the priming station. After an hour or so taking it apart and rebuilding it I finally got her running smooth. Thank goodness for spare parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top