BCM
User Panel

Page / 23
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:54:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please keep us updated on what works to stop the leak.

My gasket looks like sandpaper where it contacts the cases.

I do have a spare liner and gasket. From a drum that I dropped and could not get to run straight after the fall. Had to replace it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My tumbler has started leaking no matter how hard I tighten the nuts.  I even tried a new gasket.

I guess I'm going to have to buy a whole new liner.

I have cleaned about 130,000 pieces by now though.
Please keep us updated on what works to stop the leak.

My gasket looks like sandpaper where it contacts the cases.

I do have a spare liner and gasket. From a drum that I dropped and could not get to run straight after the fall. Had to replace it.
When back to the metal wing nuts, instead of the plastic knobs.  Stopped the leaking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is a thread on here somewhere about that. If you can't find that thread, start a new thread (don't hijack this one) and ask.

The pins work well and I stuck with them since I started this thread back in 2011.
View Quote
The title of the thread is "Wet tumbling with SS media."  Chips are stainless steel media.  It's a far stretch to call it a thread hijack.

If you dont want anyone asking questions with slight deviations from your process or exact materials then go ahead and put a disclaimer in the OP.  You might as well just lock the thread if OP is law and questions/discussions on possible (or not) improvements to wet stainless tumbling are verboten.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The title of the thread is "Wet tumbling with SS media."  Chips are stainless steel media.  It's a far stretch to call it a thread hijack.

If you dont want anyone asking questions with slight deviations from your process or exact materials then go ahead and put a disclaimer in the OP.  You might as well just lock the thread if OP is law and questions/discussions on possible (or not) improvements to wet stainless tumbling are verboten.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a thread on here somewhere about that. If you can't find that thread, start a new thread (don't hijack this one) and ask.

The pins work well and I stuck with them since I started this thread back in 2011.

I agree. The question about stainles steel chips or any other stainless steel media shape is right inline with the thread title subject.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 12:22:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:03:47 PM EDT
[#7]
THIS is my stainless chip thread.  Readers will learn that I find them OK for certain calibers, but not at all "superior" to pins for most calibers.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I found these pictures of yours in some of my "important" copied files.  I've noticed that you haven't restored them here.....maybe you don't have them since photobuckets class act?  Anyway.....if you want them back, download them and/or move them to where they go then erase this post.  IMO this was one of the important threads......started a whole new trend in brass prep.  I may be able to find more of the pictures.....looking.

Link Posted: 1/25/2018 1:11:50 AM EDT
[#10]
sorry....duplicated the post
Page / 23
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top