Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2011 4:27:18 PM EDT
What the heck...http://www.federalpremium.com/promotions/new_products.aspx.... towards the right.

And...http://www.federalpremium.com/ammunition_catalog/primers.aspx

I can't seem to find any info on these.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I bet they all work about the same, I went through 4K of the 205M's and 1K of regular 205's and did not see a difference betwixt them. They all worked perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#2]
EDIT . I assume the cups are harder than normal fed primers.
Link Posted: 1/14/2011 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
EDIT . I assume the cups are harder than normal fed primers.

I wasn't aware of any problems.

Link Posted: 1/15/2011 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Cups are soft and thin

I just stopped using GM205M Primers in the AR.
Do to Peircing, I have had a few in the last couple hundred rounds.
Also quit using WSR Primers for the same reason.
Switched to Rem. 7 1/2, hope these work better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 5:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cups are soft and thin

I just stopped using GM205M Primers in the AR.
Do to Peircing, I have had a few in the last couple hundred rounds.
Also quit using WSR Primers for the same reason.
Switched to Rem. 7 1/2, hope these work better.

yep, same on both the gold colored WSR's and the federal match.  The fed match flattened at the much earlier stages in the work up.  The WSR's bit me when I brainfarted and used up my silver WSR's and switched to the gold colored without reworking.  That cost me a firing pin tip.  Loads were below maximum.

I now use the rem as standard and the Wolf for plinking.  My remainder of my 2k of gold WSR's are used in my bolt rifle .223 shooting.
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Remington 7-1/2's are excellent primers for the ARs, especially since the pricing is great compared to standard primers..
Link Posted: 1/16/2011 9:55:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Remington 7.5 primers are my "go to" primers for AR's, when I can get them. I have 2K that I am sitting on. Using up my CCI and PMC (russian) primers first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top