Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:23:30 PM EST
sold out
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:27:15 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2009 8:35:26 PM EST by HK_Shooter_03]
Just dropped $200 on 10k.

ETA: NON MAGNUM - WHICH WORK PERFECTLY IN MY 5.56es.
Martin coSO caught an illegal in the woods behind a house raping a male dog. Illegals... bringing their "culture" to the US. -rexydg7

For real? You are trying to blame people fucking animals on illegals?
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:27:56 PM EST

Originally Posted By merp:
sold out

Not for me - (yet)...
Martin coSO caught an illegal in the woods behind a house raping a male dog. Illegals... bringing their "culture" to the US. -rexydg7

merp
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:29:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By HK_Shooter_03:

sold out

Not for me - (yet)...

They're showing -10 in stock.
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:33:26 PM EST

sold out

Not for me - (yet)...

They're showing -10 in stock.

The small rifle ones (not for 5.56) work damn fine for me:

d_striker
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/11/2009 8:54:41 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2009 9:02:46 PM EST by d_striker]
So has anyone actually experienced any slam fires w/ said primers?

Are the cups softer than Fed 205's?

ETA-picked up 5k and 8 more lbs of TAC.
markm
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 5:02:58 AM EST
[span style='font-weight: bold;']

ETA-picked up 5k and 8 more lbs of TAC.

That was my order too. Mine should be here today. It took 18 days from order to get a ship notification.
coldsteele35
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:17:14 AM EST
I always heard here that you are supposd to use the magnum primers so now it appears that it really does not matter.
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 6:41:15 AM EST

Originally Posted By coldsteele35:
I always heard here that you are supposd to use the magnum primers so now it appears that it really does not matter.

I've been reloading for several years and I've always used SR primers.

I don't load hot enough to require the use of magnums and I've never had any problems.

But hey - more primers for me.

d_striker
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:22:03 AM EST

I don't load hot enough to require the use of magnums and I've never had any problems.

So are you saying that you've always used Wolf SR primers and have never had a problem?

I've only been reloading for a couple of years but it is my understanding that all other MAGNUM primers actually contain more priming compound and don't just refer to the hardness of the primer cup.
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:34:01 AM EST

Originally Posted By d_striker:

So are you saying that you've always used Wolf SR primers and have never had a problem?

I've only been reloading for a couple of years but it is my understanding that all other MAGNUM primers actually contain more priming compound and don't just refer to the hardness of the primer cup.

Any kind of SR primers.

I bought 2000 Wolf SR primers earlier this year and that is my friend and I shooting some of them in that video.

They all have gone bang and put a hole into the paper I was pointing it at.

HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:35:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2009 8:35:47 AM EST by HK_Shooter_03]
They're gone now.

I bought 10k of the Wolf SR (non magnum) last night and there was 252k left.

Apparently the people who bought the last 252k don't have a problem with them either.

homeyclaus
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:36:16 AM EST

Not with Wolf, since they don't make a magnum primer with a higher brisance. Maybe their regular primers are hot as they are. Their magnum SR primers have harder cups for higher pressures/slam fire prevention, and they light all my 'magnum primer recommended' loads fine.
hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 8:39:09 AM EST
Those went fast.
History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
d_striker
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 9:49:20 AM EST

Any kind of SR primers.

I bought 2000 Wolf SR primers earlier this year and that is my friend and I shooting some of them in that video.

They all have gone bang and put a hole into the paper I was pointing it at.

I'm not too concerned about them going bang when they're supposed to. I'm worried about them going bang when they're not supposed to.

They're gone now.

I bought 10k of the Wolf SR (non magnum) last night and there was 252k left.

Apparently the people who bought the last 252k don't have a problem with them either.

Or they're like me and have never used them but are just sick of being w/o primers for the past 3 months and are willing to buy whatever is available.

Mike_Mills
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/12/2009 11:08:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2009 11:09:20 AM EST by Mike_Mills]
I was up at 2AM last night looking at the web site. They were down to 146 units. I decided NOT* to buy. I saved them for you guys.

*no reflection on the product, just don't need them right now.
billyhill
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:34:31 AM EST
I was just on Widener's I swear I thought it said they had 450+ units of Wolf SRM in stock, I guess they are back
The Unsalt Rifle: kinder, gentler, and now lower in sodium
The words of my mouth are as butter, but war is in my heart!
wevo
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:37:22 AM EST
Yep, 451 SRM's left as of now.
hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:40:22 AM EST
Nice!

Hope you guys get some this time.
History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:48:18 AM EST

I'm not too concerned about them going bang when they're supposed to. I'm worried about them going bang when they're not supposed to.

Or they're like me and have never used them but are just sick of being w/o primers for the past 3 months and are willing to buy whatever is available.

Well I've never had a slam fire and I've used nothing but small rifle primers for tens of thousands of 5.56 loads. (I load close to the minimum)

The Wolf SR primers I shot in that video and the ones after the camera cut off acted no different.

d_striker
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:53:15 AM EST

Well I've never had a slam fire and I've used nothing but small rifle primers for tens of thousands of 5.56 loads. (I load close to the minimum)

The Wolf SR primers I shot in that video and the ones after the camera cut off acted no different.

So you're saying you've used over ten thousand Wolf SR primers and have never had a slam fire?
HK_Shooter_03
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:54:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2009 8:55:17 AM EST by HK_Shooter_03]

So you're saying you've used over ten thousand Wolf SR primers and have never had a slam fire?

No I've used tens of thousands of other brands of SR and coming up on 1k Wolf SR.

I never knew I was supposed to buy SRM but it hasn't hurt me.

For all the people who are submitting another order. I wouldn't be surprised if Widener's bills us for HAZMAT twice and ships both orders in one box.

FJC
Team Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 8:59:04 AM EST
Thanks for the heads-up - I was down to my last 800 primers, was a good time to restock. :)
--FJC
NRA Life
born2die
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 9:03:47 AM EST
Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 5K Wolf SRM primers (and 8lbs of TAC for a good measure).

They're down to 391 now...
hondaciv
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/13/2009 10:08:09 AM EST

No I've used tens of thousands of other brands of SR and coming up on 1k Wolf SR.

I never knew I was supposed to buy SRM but it hasn't hurt me.

For all the people who are submitting another order. I wouldn't be surprised if Widener's bills us for HAZMAT twice and ships both orders in one box.

When I originally started this thread, I placed an order for some. Then my CFO/wife approved another order, which meant I was probably going to get 2 hazmat fees. I emailed them and asked if they could combine them into a single order, and they said they already had. Don't know if that's typical, but that's what happened for me.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Page:  / 3