Enjoy
Link Posted: 12/26/2008 10:59:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hooks] [#2]
Originally Posted By hapi:
Originally Posted By bigdb1:

A full size mill.

I hate you.

+1  i'm envious

Don't forget the lathe either... I hate him too...

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 4:04:00 AM EDT
[#3]
These are some nice setups. Work has me about 9000 miles from my loading room, so you guys will need to wait a few months until I get home and take some pictures.

In the meantime, an OST...
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 7:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Apartment Style!

Yes, it does work, though with the extended legs down, I keep my feet on the footrest to hold it steady when seating primers. Without doing so it only rocks a little bit.
I may make a thread denoting all the little oddities of it that aren't seen one day.  It can be broken down in a minute or less and stowed away out of site/mind.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By BrandonB:
Apartment Style!
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/brandonbauer/Dillon004e.jpg
Yes, it does work, though with the extended legs down, I keep my feet on the footrest to hold it steady when seating primers. Without doing so it only rocks a little bit.
I may make a thread denoting all the little oddities of it that aren't seen one day.  It can be broken down in a minute or less and stowed away out of site/mind.

Please give a rundown of your setup when you get the chance.
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:46:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By charlesb_la:
Originally Posted By BrandonB:
Apartment Style!
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/brandonbauer/Dillon004e.jpg

Please give a rundown of your setup when you get the chance.

IM inbound for now
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 8:50:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Slitzer] [#8]
from awhile back.

Link Posted: 1/4/2009 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Slitzer:
from awhile back.

Damn boys, we may have a winner!

That is nice. If I had that set up, I might never go back in the house!
Link Posted: 1/4/2009 11:34:43 PM EDT
[#10]
That is an amazing setup. All you need is a fridge. Its a nice layout, very well organized, and and looks comfortable to use.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 10:18:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: outdoorbum] [#11]
This is no way as fancy as some of yours, it is functional for my hobby.

http://www.lyndenhuggins.com/reloading/howto/reloadbench/reloadbench.jpg
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:13:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Its a work in process

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
Originally Posted By Slitzer:
from awhile back.

Damn boys, we may have a winner!

That is nice. If I had that set up, I might never go back in the house!

The computer should have been on arfcom homepage!
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks guys
yes I do spend alot of time here. and not in the house....
I tell the wife at least it keeps me out of the tittie bars.

no fridge as of yet.
and ar15.com is minimized in task bar.
Thats Quick Load up and running.

thanks too AssaultRifler, AeroE, COSteve and all the great people here in the reloading forum, they have been my inspiration.
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 6:30:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Here's my bench as it stands now:

Major changes coming.  New press, a track system, and shelving off the bench to get all the shit out of the way.

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 8:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
simple, cheap,  and effective

Link Posted: 1/5/2009 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Best area in my house....my bedroom!
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 2:09:27 AM EDT
[#18]
No pics, but my reloading "bench" in university was a 4x4 post about 30" high on which I put my trusty rockchucker.  I held it steady by stepping on a 2x6 I glued and nailed across the bottom of the 4x4.  

It worked much better than it sounds and I used to swage .22 bullets on it, and I could hide it pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 11:01:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By COSteve:

Excellent! Mrs. Tanker brought a buttload of those jugs home from the church, and asked
me if I wanted them for anything. DUHHH!! on my part.....

Time to grab the label-maker.
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Slitzer.....WOW

Thanks room is truly inspiring. I have made a new years resolution to get organized and your pics have given me the inspiration that I need...

Here is what I currently am working with...

I have the room ....just need to get it put together. I have your pictures printed and taped together like a big panorama...

Thanks for theinspiration.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#21]
NICE
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Geeze.....your reloading room is nicer than my kitchen.

I would take a picture of mine, but you would not be able to see it through all the clutter.  Never been able to keep the thing clean.

Link Posted: 1/8/2009 3:13:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 223Rem:
Originally Posted By TN-MadDog:
Here is my reloading / gun room.

Geeze.....your reloading room is nicer than my kitchen.

I would take a picture of mine, but you would not be able to see it through all the clutter.  Never been able to keep the thing clean.

Thanks. The neatness is due to hereditary Obsessive Compulsive Disease. At least that is what my wife says.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
How high are everyone's benches?  I'm building mine and can't decide on a height.  I could do a standard desk height but I also like the idea of making a higher bench which would allow me to sit on a stool or stand if I prefer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2009 10:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Definitely make it higher.... Mine is too low and I have a back ache after 1K rounds.

I'm gonna jack mine so I can have a bar type stool to sit on or even just lean against, kinda like the front perch on a bass boat.

Link Posted: 1/9/2009 11:05:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I have mine at 36 inch.  I can sit on a stool or stand.  Perfect for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 1:30:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Originally Posted By elvia:

I have mine at 36 inch. I can sit on a stool or stand. Perfect for me.
Thats what I wanted to hear. Some of older broke down folks can not stand for long periods of time.

Makes it easier if I can sit down and do everything.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 8:51:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By dispatch55126:

How high are everyone's benches?  I'm building mine and can't decide on a height.  I could do a standard desk height but I also like the idea of making a higher bench which would allow me to sit on a stool or stand if I prefer.

It depends on what height your chair is. Do you have a chair/stool in mind you plan on using, or are you going to try and find one that fits after you build the bench? I would think standing would be very uncomfortable. In 20 years of reloading, I don't think I have ever wanted to stand while reloading.

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#30]
I settled on roughly 30-32 inches from floor to desk surface.

This was a combination of using the wood I had left (4x4" deck supports) and an estimation of where my hands want to be from a sitting position.   I need to post pics.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2009 1:17:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muskyjerk] [#31]
Updated Now with components.....

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 1:43:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pro2AinPA] [#32]
Well, I've finished my upgrades on my bench.  Finally bolted it to the wall and floor, and added a track system for ease of moving equipment around.

Pics:

The equipment is bolted onto the white plates.  The whole thing can be slid right off the track and removed from the bench when not in use, allowing me to only have on the bench what I need to use at the time:

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 2:00:04 PM EDT
[#33]
thats bad ass!

that track system is such a good idea
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 6:59:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: barrysuperhawk] [#34]
#1 Yall are waaay to gottdang organized, how long did you have to clean up before you took those photos *or* how long has it been since you actually loaded a round?
I loaded 15 rounds about a minute before I took these and will load more after..

#2 Yall have way too much space.  My entire setup takes up about 36" square of floorspace, and I can load everything from 30-06 to 9mm.  It doesent get much more space efficient than this... [except maybe the apartment guy...]

The 550 and the Square deal swap for rifle calibers, and the other gets bolted to the board.  My "bench" started out life as a small microwave cart, and the "magazine" is a box I made in HS Shop class.

These are thumbnails because the originals are big to pack in more detail...

Ok, Photobucket is broken, when I click the links it gives me an exception... Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 7:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dispatch55126] [#35]
Originally Posted By dispatch55126:
How high are everyone's benches? I'm building mine and can't decide on a height. I could do a standard desk height but I also like the idea of making a higher bench which would allow me to sit on a stool or stand if I prefer.

I settled on making it high.  It allows me to stand or sit on a stool comfortably.  I've got it in my master bedroom closet which is a closet within a closet.  From my bedroom, there is the closet which has a door leading into the second closet which I've used as my safe room and is now my reloading room as well.

I've been using those cheap glad containers to store all of my components and printing labels off of my computer.  I'm listing what the component is, its weight and where I got it from (or else I'd forget).  I'm using a 30 cal can to store my primers.

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 7:59:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: buzzworm] [#36]

A bit messy, and this is after I cleaned up. I spend too much time in here reloading to keep it clean for long.

Some of you have very nice set ups. Maybe they will inspire me to clear up the clutter...............................................naw!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Finally a pic of a bench as messy as my own!  Looks good Buzzworm!
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 11:06:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Pro2AinPA:
Well, I've finished my upgrades on my bench.  Finally bolted it to the wall and floor, and added a track system for ease of moving equipment around.

Pics:

/snippage

[
The equipment is bolted onto the white plates.  The whole thing can be slid right off the track and removed from the bench when not in use, allowing me to only have on the bench what I need to use at the time:

Love the track system.

I'll look into that for my bench.

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#39]
This would make for a nice sticky thread.
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By 50calRay:

This would make for a nice sticky thread.

There are three links in the FAQ's at the top of this page

Link Posted: 1/19/2009 7:15:44 PM EDT
[#41]
There are some very nice setups in this thread.  Here is my humble submission:

Link Posted: 1/22/2009 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/22/2009 11:52:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks, they could be had real easy at http://www.dillonprecision.com/ for $365 w/o caliber conversion kit or $406.95 with conversion kit.......
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ghstdarter06] [#45]
Here's a few pics for your viewing pleasure.

Not as nice as some, but neater and more organized than others. [img='middle']http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/icon_smile_big.gif" />

Let me know what you all think.

Whole Bench!

Left Side Distant.

Center Closed.

Center Open.

Right Side w/o Press.

Right Side w/Press

Upper Half.

Lower Half Left.

Lower Half Center.

Lower Half Right.
Link Posted: 1/27/2009 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#46]
This is my reloading setup in my Garage.  I use the Dillon 550 for .223 and 44 Mag.  I use the 650 for 9mm.  The other press is an RCBS Big Max.  I use it for Rifle, mainly 7MM Mag and 3006.  It's tilted back so cartridges will fall backward when  done.
It's worked out well for me.  I wished they still made the Big Max but do to poor sells, it was discontinued.  It's the most heavy duty press that RCBS ever came out with.

Link Posted: 1/27/2009 1:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: streetstar] [#47]
Be it ever so humble.   I just got started , (press is not even bolted down yet)  Still trying to decide the setup's final location, so i figured i would utilize my existing workbench (which i will bolt to the wall for more stability) –– RCBS master reloading kit (says "master kit" but really only has about 1/2 of what you need to get started)

I fully expect this setup to grow, but for now, i just have a couple of sets of dies and 1000 or so pieces of miscellaneous brass.  

Pictured below is my first reloading "project" at the new bench.  7mm RM keychain w/ Nosler Partition tip

Link Posted: 1/28/2009 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Definitely got some ideas for expansion from this thread.

Here is what I have so far. Be it ever so humble.

Link Posted: 2/1/2009 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Crazywolf,

Is that one of those pre-cut "Project Panels" that you are using for the lower shelf?

I ended up using a 2' x 6' one for my benchtop and it's working pretty well,....wish it was a little thicker.
Link Posted: 2/2/2009 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Finally rearranged and organized the gun room.  Not embarrassed to show the dungeon.

The Bench

The bullets (about 30,000)

Loaded ammo

Damn shame I have no need for the stuff since the tragic boating accident.
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top