Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2016 3:34:33 PM EDT
So I'm looking for a value on a Pre-lawsuit GSG5SD not the anniversary special either. Gun broker isn't any help as well as the EE here... Anyone have an idea?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Picked this one up today for $249 from a Gander Mountain store. It was used, but it's hard to tell. They had another for $349.

Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much for info, I appreciate it
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:54:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I had one and dumped it after a few years. Be prepared for a lot of little screws that like to strip.

If you like it go for it but be warned.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a lot of fun and super accurate. However it just doesn't get shot much at all and sits in the safe. That and I have a Zenith Z5P and a POF MP5; so those go out way more often...
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had one and dumped it after a few years. Be prepared for a lot of little screws that like to strip.

If you like it go for it but be warned.
View Quote

Yup, those factory screws will strip like crazy.  Just order the following from Fastenal and you'll be GTG.  Don't bother going to Menards, Lowes, Home Depot etc...you'll be wasting your time:

(12) - m3 hex nuts
(11) - m3 hex head, .50 thread pitch, 12mm long
(1) - m3 hex head, .50 thread pitch, 16mm long
(2) - m2.5 hex nuts
(2) - m2.5 heax head, .45 thread pitch, 12mm long

Also, buy a new cocking handle and firing pin.  They break.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 6:51:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yup, those factory screws will strip like crazy.  Just order the following from Fastenal and you'll be GTG.  Don't bother going to Menards, Lowes, Home Depot etc...you'll be wasting your time:

(12) - m3 hex nuts
(11) - m3 hex head, .50 thread pitch, 12mm long
(1) - m3 hex head, .50 thread pitch, 16mm long
(2) - m2.5 hex nuts
(2) - m2.5 heax head, .45 thread pitch, 12mm long

Also, buy a new cocking handle and firing pin.  They break.
View Quote

Delrin cocking tube insert will protect the handle. I haven't had any issues with my firing pin in my other GSG5.
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Delrin cocking tube insert will protect the handle. I haven't had any issues with my firing pin in my other GSG5.
View Quote

Mine broke with the Delrin buffer.  Firing pin gave FTF after ~5000 rounds. YMMV.

These are out of production, so get your parts while you can is what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mine broke with the Delrin buffer.  Firing pin gave FTF after ~5000 rounds. YMMV.

These are out of production, so get your parts while you can is what I'm saying.
View Quote

True. I've got a buffer and screw set on the way. Found a replacement parts kit too.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top