Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2016 10:36:38 AM EDT
Trying again as I am not home to measure it myself.

Can anyone tell me what the thread pitch (size) is on the fake suppressor that threads into the  front site base on the GSG5 is?  Trying to source a 3 lug adaptor for when I finally SBR my rifle.  I'd even settle for a ProMag adapter since I have no intention of suppressing it...just want that 3 lug look.  Since these all seem to be out of production, I'm going to have some made.  Talking to a machinist right now, but he wants to know if the thread is common, or custom ( I really can't imagine custom), but I'm not home for the next few weeks I was hoping some kind soul could pass on that information to me.

Thanks,

KA
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:54:47 PM EDT
[#1]
ProMag dimensions from azshooterssupply.com:

Mfg: Pro Mag SPECS: Steel, phosphate coated, black. 2" (5.1cm) long, 7/8" (2.2cm) diameter. 1.4 oz. (39g) weight. Front Threads: 1/2"-28 tpi male. Rear Threads: 5/8"-24 tpi male.

ProMag GSG-5P Three Lug Threaded Adapter

As mentioned by someone else in the other thread, I also sent an email to CW Accessories asking if they would start making the adapter.  No reply yet.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Man, I looked all over for that.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 12:34:59 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome. Maybe someone that has an adapter can provide the internal dimensions.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top