Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/22/2016 12:09:36 PM EDT
Hi everyone.

I have a quick question. Does anyone know the exact length of the GSG-5p / GSG 522 pistol barrel? I am having someone cut down a spare carbine barrel for me but they dont have their gsg 5 anymore to measure.

Thank you everyone that can answer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
9"

JG
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
9"

JG
View Quote

Thank you very much!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#3]
A very important thing i forgot to ask that i should have. When measuring the barrel, do you measure from the face of the trunnion? I am thinking you do, just i had a brain fart and cant remember.
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Measure barrel length by using a stick from bolt face to end of muzzle or permanently installed muzzle device.

From ATF:
The ATF procedure for measuring barrel length is to measure from the closed bolt (or breech-face) to the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device. Permanent methods of attachment include full-fusion gas or electric steel-seam welding, high-temperature (1100°F) silver soldering, or blind pinning with the pin head welded over. Barrels are measured by inserting a dowel rod into the barrel until the rod stops against the bolt or breech-face. The rod is then marked at the furthermost end of the barrel or permanently attached muzzle device, withdrawn from the barrel, and measured.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hi everyone.

I have a quick question. Does anyone know the exact length of the GSG-5p / GSG 522 pistol barrel? I am having someone cut down a spare carbine barrel for me but they dont have their gsg 5 anymore to measure.

Thank you everyone that can answer.
View Quote

How much are they charging you?  ATI will sell you a new GSG-5P barrel for somewhere around $45.00.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top