Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 1/15/2016 9:54:43 PM EDT
I was just wondering if anyone has made a final style arm brace for there gsg? I seen sig is making some arm brace that can be used on a pistol.
I have a ati metal sliding stock and the butt plate is easily removable and replaceable. I was thinking of taking that off and making some sort of blade style arm stabilizer or like the one sig is making. I can't see spending spending $160 on a brace for a $250 pistol.
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about what to use to make something. If I had a 3D printer it would be easy but I don't some I'll have to walk around Home Depot and see what I can find.

Here is a link to what they look like
http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/vs-11-660x258.jpg
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Several companies make folding adapters for AR15 buffers that can be used. UTG would be the least expensive and works fine but the male threaded part would need cut off and sanded smooth.
You would need a end cap like what would be used for a pistol or folding stock ,a folding stock adapter to except the buffer tube and a tube and arm brace. You can see in the photo My HK53 is set up with an arm brace. My GSG5 is set up with a Choate stock but the end cap on it is a standard MP5 cap I filed the side rails inside to fit the GSG. The folding adapter is just bolted on the end cap of my 53, your GSG5 would work exactly the same.  
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top