Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2015 7:23:47 AM EDT
Now that I am out of things to SBR I want to do the GSG 522 SD :)

But I see all these posts now days with the pistol version, etc and I don't even know what some of these versions are.

Is there a better route to go or should I just get my stamp and send the barrel out to get cut and threaded?

I have a 22 suppressor already but I wont be using it pinned
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:00:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the easiest thing to do would be to purchase the pistol version, file a Form 1, and then slap a stock on it.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think the easiest thing to do would be to purchase the pistol version, file a Form 1, and then slap a stock on it.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz128/pokey074/Arfcom/GSGSBR.jpg

View Quote

Is that just one of these (gsg522p)? and any idea what it is threaded as?

http://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-522-pistol-22lr-9-1-10-magazine.html#.Ve7NdZetAnk
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:17:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GSG-522P barrels are not threaded.  The inside of the cocking tube housing is actually threaded and the flash hider they come with threads into that.  The only GSG-522s that come with a threaded barrel are the PK versions.  These have a 4.5" barrel and are metric threaded at m9 x .75.
View Quote

So basically I need to buy a 522PK and use some sort of adapter?
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 8:42:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

GSG-522P barrels are not threaded.  The inside of the cocking tube housing is actually threaded and the flash hider they come with threads into that.  The only GSG-522s that come with a threaded barrel are the PK versions.  These have a 4.5" barrel and are metric threaded at m9 x .75.

No, you can buy the 522P, which is what I have, and add a threaded adapter, which I've done. (I believe it's a Gemtech.) I just don't have an updated picture of it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No, you can buy the 522P, which is what I have, and add a threaded adapter, which I've done. (I believe it's a Gemtech.) I just don't have an updated picture of it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohh ok cool. Now that you said that I think I remember reading this a long time ago. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:27:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you sell the 522P barrel singly? My state considers the 522P to be a  "Saturday night special" so no dealers sell it. My only option is to buy a the 16" barreled gun and replace it with the pistol barrel
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Do you sell the 522P barrel singly? My state considers the 522P to be a  "Saturday night special" so no dealers sell it. My only option is to buy a the 16" barreled gun and replace it with the pistol barrel
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am wondering this as well. And if you do, does the PK barrel fit the 522SD?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#9]
They at least used to sell the pistol barrel but not sure if they still do.

As for the PK, it has a different length coking tube and you would have to replace the whole front end with the barrel.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:47:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
GSG-522 Barrels are for sale in our Customer Service department, all sizes.
View Quote

Are they easy to swap? I haven't seen one in person for awhile to look at it.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#12]
If I have 522sd model with the round rippled handguard, how can I SBR that? The fake suppressor looks like it holds the rippled handguard in place. Is there any way to purchase the regular angle handguard and mount that instead?

Can someone help me out here? I can't figure out if I'm doing/thinking this wrong or if I'm just plain stupid.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#13]
the handguard is held on by a small screw underneath near the magwell
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
GSG-522 Barrels are for sale in our Customer Service department, all sizes.

They are... annoying, but not hard. Just look at a blow up schematic and you will be fine.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top