Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 11:35:13 AM EDT
Hey all,

I just submitted my paperwork to SBR my GSG5.  What are y'all using as a barrel?  I'd rather not cut my current one just in case I ever want to remove it from the NFA registry for whatever reason.  Gemtec isn't offering them any more…  I've also read that the GSG5P barrel isn't quite right for the conversion.  I will also eventually suppress…but not right now.  I know that ATI has their own suppressor mount (ordering one tomorrow) but what about a 3 lug, something that looks authentic to the platform.

Thanks for the input.

KA
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Best bet is to cut the current one. You won't find a replacement...unless you buy a pistol and canibalize it, which is silly.

ATI does have an adapter, there is a thread a few posts down about suppressor adapters, lots of info there. As for 3 lugs, the best one is swarfworks, but they don't make them anymore, those that have them rarely give them up. Promag makes one, it gets terrible reviews on midway and brownells for being out of spec and shitty quality. (Threads not concentric, threads oversized for super duper tight fit). I have the straight barrel style one with 1/2x28 threads on the end and wished I got the 3 lug back in '11 when I SBRed it. If you get a promag 3 lug, let us know if they fixed the problems.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I am pretty sure that ATI sells replacement pistol barrels.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Best bet, and easiest, is to buy the pistol version. That way you only have to add a stock. No help in your current situation, I know.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
You make a good point.  Perhaps I need to start looking.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#5]
pistols are 249 at cdnn right now
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Barrels are about $50 through ATI.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy the pistol barrel....if you can get through to ATI.  Their 800 number is saying disconnected.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:10:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 11:34:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As for 3 lugs, the best one is swarfworks, but they don't make them anymore, those that have them rarely give them up.
View Quote

their site shows it in stock.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As for 3 lugs, the best one is swarfworks, but they don't make them anymore, those that have them rarely give them up.

Yep, saw that a year ago. I emailed them to make sure and it was a no go. Try and order one, maybe they fixed it?
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:16:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Good to see ATI is a bit responsive... I'm going to engrave my carbine GSG-522 in a couple weeks... eventually I'll SBR it. I'll want to get the pistol barrel for that changeover.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top