Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 8:58:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 2:27:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sweet!! I will be swinging by your booth for sure at Knob!
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Our video guy is working on throwing together what little we go of it on Saturday.  We got incredibly rained out.  Snow isn't a factor down here which is cool, but man when it rains...IT RAINS.

If any of you are going to be at Knob Creek, that's the next stop on the tour for the proto MP40P, so swing by the American Tactical booth and have at!

Will get you the link to the video when its all set!
View Quote

I went to KCR but didn't see you guys.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Too bad it won't make the cut before the 41P deadline. Oh well, guess we'll just have to jump through extra hoops to SBR it when it does finally arrive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Too bad it won't make the cut before the 41P deadline. Oh well, guess we'll just have to jump through extra hoops to SBR it when it does finally arrive.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:05:49 AM EDT
[#8]
At that price point you won't be selling anymore 22's.  The 22's will be instant collectors items! stock up now. ;>)
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:17:51 PM EDT
[#9]
No more news?
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:00:25 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Lemme see your war face!  

Needs more brown leather sling.  

ETA.  Speaking of which, I think people would rather have a brown leather sling included with the pistol, rather than a wooden crate.  Both would be best though
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:27:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Pics from the NRA convention.

I hope this isn't a production model.

The charging handle and the screws all over the gun in places that they don't belong will make it an absolute no-go for me. The hex screws. should also be flat head.

</a>" />
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Nothing of the muzzle? Pic #1 looks like a knurled thread protector - suppressor ready would be legit. I'm not wild about the hex screws either, should be an easy fix or a market gap for a 3rd party company. Not saying this will be huge like the CZ Evo but I think the market is really stepping up to assist these non-AR weapons entering the scene
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nothing of the muzzle? Pic #1 looks like a knurled thread protector - suppressor ready would be legit. I'm not wild about the hex screws either, should be an easy fix or a market gap for a 3rd party company. Not saying this will be huge like the CZ Evo but I think the market is really stepping up to assist these non-AR weapons entering the scene
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

" />
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#15]
This makes me very, very happy!  I am fine with the hex screws for the price of $650 MSRP.  This will sell very well as there has been a void in midpriced pistol caliber carbines.

Thanks for the pics Sputnik!

So regarding the muzzle, is that a thread protector?  If so, do we know what the threads are underneath?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks good to me. Don't care about the hex heads, a non-issue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 9:01:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Looks good to me. Don't care about the hex heads, a non-issue.
View Quote

The hex heads aren't the biggest problem, it's the Phillips heads screws in places that screws don't belong in the first place.

The charging handle is also completely wrong.
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 5:46:20 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm gonna be all over that thing if they ever get out for sale!
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Any new updates on the MP40???
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#20]
WTF?

Just checked in on this.

Is the redesign of the MP40 action due to the Byzantine German export laws?

Because that looks like shit.

And getting this to market before the election with proprietary magazines is not going to happen.

How much does a legit MP40 mag go for?

I was going to buy one instead of a Turk MP5 but damn those screws look like shit and scream clamshell .22 upgraded to 9mm.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
WTF?

Just checked in on this.

Is the redesign of the MP40 action due to the Byzantine German export laws?

Because that looks like shit.

And getting this to market before the election with proprietary magazines is not going to happen.

How much does a legit MP40 mag go for?

I was going to buy one instead of a Turk MP5 but damn those screws look like shit and scream clamshell .22 upgraded to 9mm.

View Quote

This entire endeavor looks to be one big disappointment.

Original mags are over $100 on gun broker.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:31:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You're also looking at the very first functional one for ATF approval, not production run units for resale.  As soon as GSG gets us our first production samples I'll get pics, but it will be what it will be.  It has to be cost effective and meet the regulations for import so its basically impossible for it to be identical.
View Quote

Timeline updates?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm also really interested in this.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:02:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I am eagerly awaiting this. I think some of the comments here are grossly unrealistic. You want an EXACT MP40...IMPORTED under current law...for under a grand???
I am more then happy to take this approximation, as there just isn't any other choice. I'm not paying $3500 for an SSR POS, and I live in a state where the real deal is contraband.
Bring it on, and bring it fast!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 7:04:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Any way that it will get a permanent folded stock so it will at least look correct? Just doesn't look right without that stock folded...
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I am eagerly awaiting this. I think some of the comments here are grossly unrealistic. You want an EXACT MP40...IMPORTED under current law...for under a grand???
I am more then happy to take this approximation, as there just isn't any other choice. I'm not paying $3500 for an SSR POS, and I live in a state where the real deal is contraband.
Bring it on, and bring it fast!
View Quote

I don't think anyone expects it to be exact, but it shouldn't have a bunch of visible Phillips head screws all over one side of it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#29]

While I am not a fan of the screws I imagine and hope that someone would make a allen head screw replacement kit as those look okay to me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:47:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Update I just got from Germany:

That is regarding what American Tactical will receive in late December and Late January as they come by boat from Hamburg.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Update I just got from Germany:

within the next two days we have the final MP40 meeting. Once I have all reliable information on hand I will confirm the qty. for November and December.

That is regarding what American Tactical will receive in late December and Late January as they come by boat from Hamburg.

Can you clarify or elaborate on the timeline after ATI receives them (let's assume mid JAN)
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 5:23:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well, I don't know how many they're sending that we'll receive in December, but I usually have GSG CTRs hit the port of Charleston on the 3rd Saturday of the month.  With Xmas port hang ups (happens every year) my guess would be I'll have them in hand around the 1st.  Then we send them to wholesalers, who then send them to gun stores.  So probably by the end of January.  We have several thousand on order with GSG so once they start actually shipping them, the faucet will be on for a shipment of them each month and they'll start to filter out there.
View Quote

good news, look forward to seeing the street price on these
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Any new pictures yet?
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:50:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't wait to suppress one
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#38]
When will these start shipping out?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any news?

BTW, how are y'all coming along on the C-96 Broomie in 22LR?
View Quote

Oh , I would buy that!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:07:07 PM EDT
[#41]
Just picked one up today at a LGS (East TN).  

Wont fire it until Monday.  Looks pretty good, no manual was included but I was able to figure out how to take it apart to inspect/lube.  Looks like it was test fired a few rounds (was in sealed box).  Its heavy, bolt looks well made.  

Bad thing was whoever screwed the wooden box together used too long of a screw that went through the wood and it scraped up the upper receiver in front of the rear sight from movement in shipping.  Plus the mag and lock were just flopping around in the box so the mag got a little beat up in shipping as well.  Make sure and inspect it if you pick one up.  Not a big deal but always sucks to have a scratch on a new gun.

Can only seem to get 26 rounds in the mag, didnt want to force it, may be a burr in the mag.  I'll play with it after I put some rounds through it.  25 a mag is enough to go broke at the plinking range with 9mm :)

Looks pretty authentic but of course the materials are nowhere near like an original, front sling loop is on the wrong side I think, not a big deal and works out better for using it.  Should be a fun range toy.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Will a folding stock be available later for those of us who want to SBR it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:38:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just picked one up today at a LGS (East TN).  

Wont fire it until Monday.  Looks pretty good, no manual was included but I was able to figure out how to take it apart to inspect/lube.  Looks like it was test fired a few rounds (was in sealed box).  Its heavy, bolt looks well made.  

Bad thing was whoever screwed the wooden box together used too long of a screw that went through the wood and it scraped up the upper receiver in front of the rear sight from movement in shipping.  Plus the mag and lock were just flopping around in the box so the mag got a little beat up in shipping as well.  Make sure and inspect it if you pick one up.  Not a big deal but always sucks to have a scratch on a new gun.

Can only seem to get 26 rounds in the mag, didnt want to force it, may be a burr in the mag.  I'll play with it after I put some rounds through it.  25 a mag is enough to go broke at the plinking range with 9mm :)

Looks pretty authentic but of course the materials are nowhere near like an original, front sling loop is on the wrong side I think, not a big deal and works out better for using it.  Should be a fun range toy.
View Quote

I think you forgot something!
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:16:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ya wtf. Pics!

Quoted:
Will a folding stock be available later for those of us who want to SBR it?

This
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Ya wtf. Pics!

View Quote

I had to find my old photobucket account, been a while since I used it.  Here is a few phone pics.  Threaded cap on barrel is removed to change front sight blades for elevation, they include 5 blades.  Hope this works, been a while..

Also noticed these have a last round hold open, didnt see that mentioned anywhere.  To release the bolt you just pull the charging handle back a little.

Forgot to mention it was 529.00 + tax.  If it functions OK it seems like a decent price for what it is.  My kid is into WWII stuff and has the usual Garand, K98, Mosin etc and he was going to buy a non-firing MP40 replica - figured this would be a little better ;)
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 4:25:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Doesn't look like the production model looks any better than the prototype.

Saves me money I guess.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Doesn't look like the production model looks any better than the prototype.

Saves me money I guess.
View Quote

Doesnt look any worse either :)  

It is what it is, if you are looking for a functional exact MP40 copy this is far from it.  It is pretty much looks like the 22LR version beefed up internally for 9mm.  For 100-150.00 more than the .22 version it seems worth it to make some louder noise at the range, at least to me anyhow.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 5:39:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Doesnt look any worse either :)  

It is what it is, if you are looking for a functional exact MP40 copy this is far from it.  It is pretty much looks like the 22LR version beefed up internally for 9mm.  For 100-150.00 more than the .22 version it seems worth it to make some louder noise at the range, at least to me anyhow.
View Quote

It does serve that purpose well enough, I suppose.

It just isn't nearly close enough for me, Maybe one day I'll have the money to do this kind of thing the right way.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It does serve that purpose well enough, I suppose.

It just isn't nearly close enough for me, Maybe one day I'll have the money to do this kind of thing the right way.
View Quote

I'm sure for 200.00 more they could make it more authentic looking, if it had a one piece magwell housing and welded non-functional folding stock it would be way closer.  But for 200 more street price you are starting to compete with many other 'real' rifles.  I think GSGs idea was to get away from .22lR and keep the costs down.  I'll put a couple hundred rounds through it tomorrow and see how it holds up.  If it functions well and doesnt get too beat up inside it will be satisfied with it.  My kid already made a nice stand using the wood box for his little WWII display so its already served 1/2 its purpose.

I noticed the last round hold open doesnt work unless you tilt the bottom of the mag forward, the last round hold open lever takes a lot to push it up.  Took the mag apart to see why I cant get more than 26 in and everything looks OK, they supply a loading tool but after 26 it will not go down enough to get another round in.

Would have been nice to get two mags, hopefully the price on new ones wont be too crazy.
Link Posted: 1/16/2017 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone found one for sale online yet?
Page / 5
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top