Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 1/6/2015 4:13:45 PM EDT
http://www.cdnnsports.com/gsg-522-pk-pistol-22lr-4-5-flat-top-1-10rd-mag.html#.VKxCRit4r8g

Thought this was a pretty good deal figured I would share
Link Posted: 1/9/2015 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a pretty good deal - PSA had them for $229 a few weeks back and they sold out instantly.

If ordering from CDNN, also be sure to order the GSG-5 conversion kit for $19.99.  This way you can make it look more like a HK.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:13:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered one. Will be doing a eform1 once it arrives.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 1:14:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just ordered one. Will be doing a eform1 once it arrives.
View Quote

Nice!, I already have a a form 1 submitted and did all the HK changes as well as a few other mods to it... will post pics when I get home tomorrow

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:28:08 AM EDT
[#4]
That was my plan when I ordered it also. I have never filled a form 1 out before. So this should be an interesting go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Here is what I have done so far:
saftey plunger delete
mag safety delete
polished firing pin
GSG-5 kit 1 and found the PK housing on an auction site
NcStar RDS
HK rear sight
22 rnd mags
shortened trigger pre-travel

Will post another pic once I get my stamp back
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good Pool_Shark!
Is there a link on how to do the mods you did?
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks,

This is for the Trigger and Mag safety mod
http://youtu.be/3LjiLHQyXKU

And for the safety plunger mod I used this (1/2 way down the page)
Saftey Plunger Delete
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:15:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Curious as to what mods you'll be making that require a Form 1.

I'm new to the forum and hope you'll be patient with my ignorance.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Folding stock and a VFG
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:01:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/B4oCCoR.jpg?1

saftey plunger delete
mag safety delete
polished firing pin
NcStar RDS
HK rear sight
22 rnd mags

Will post another pic once I get my stamp back
View Quote

You are obviously a tinkerer like me.  Every rifle I have has the complete going over till they run and look exactly like I want.  
I figured you may be interested in the safety selector looking original to an MP5 as well.  I took a tiny flat head screwdriver the same width as the yellow bump on the selector and heated it with a torch ''lighter would work'' and melted a line into the selector getting rid of the dot.  I then color filled the line white.
You also need a rubber washer at the front of the charging tube to stop the front getting clanged or cracked.
I also sanded down the bump on the paddle mag and rounded the corners to match the standard HK paddle mag release.
I have the original GSG5 generation 2 and I have done everything to the rifle to make it an exact copy of the MP5.  I have a replica Knights railed handguard and a real Choate folding stock, and a real HK sight.  With the mag out of the gun it is an exact copy other than the receiver being a different metal.  My handguard actually covers the GSG name on the receiver and the barrel and bolt carrier are blued black.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:33:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks bigjunk1, definitely going to have to do a few of those!

The housing on a pk is plastic and I tried a rubber washer but it wont allow the bolt to close 100%

The only stock firearm I own is my Marlin 336CS (traded even up for a .40 HiPoint Carbine, no joke)

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
saftey plunger delete
mag safety delete
polished firing pin
NcStar RDS
HK rear sight
22 rnd mags

View Quote

Looks mostly like the list of things I did to mine. I got my stamp back some time ago, and now it looks like this:

Link Posted: 1/30/2015 8:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks Great!

The Price sure beats what the 9mm clones are going for!
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Looks mostly like the list of things I did to mine. I got my stamp back some time ago, and now it looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/DvSkxubl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iUApWZOl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ThIbWntl.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
saftey plunger delete
mag safety delete
polished firing pin
NcStar RDS
HK rear sight
22 rnd mags

http://i.imgur.com/DvSkxubl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iUApWZOl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ThIbWntl.jpg

Nice we are going to be matching minus the trigger housing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 9:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]
This now a GSG SBR thread

Link Posted: 1/31/2015 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Haha I can live with that, nice rifle pokey!
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Very nice!!

I have read a variety of conflicting opinions regarding Form 1, particularly what to list in item 4h and engraving the lower receiver. Will you share how you addressed both?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very nice!!

I have read a variety of conflicting opinions regarding Form 1, particularly what to list in item 4h and engraving the lower receiver. Will you share how you addressed both?

Thanks.
View Quote

There is a new revision of the form 1 where box h says:

https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/files/assets/Library/Forms/Firearms/atf_f_5320.1_application_to_make_and_register_a_firearm.pdf

"Additional Description (Include all numbers and other identifying data to include maker's name, city and state which will appear on the firearm)"

They used to not require you to put the information in 4h as it should normally match what's in 3b (at least the name). Technically you may make it somewhere else and that may not match 3b, But if you didn't actually make it in the city/state in 3b and you engraved where it was actually made, then the making location wouldn't actually be on the form anywhere. But if you put a city/state in 4h it could be somewhere else other than the city/state in 3b, and that's where you'd be required to make it. All this does is make you specify exactly where it will be made and spells out for you to put that on the firearm.

Also, some people were dumb and thought if they didn't put anything in 4h and the form was approved, that they didn't have to engrave their maker's name and location at all. This also spells out that you have to engrave that information, but this is not a new requirement, it's always been implied.

I've not done a paper form 1, only eform 1. So far the eform 1 has not put anything in box 4h on the completed form, even if you enter something on the form before submitting it. Maybe some day the eform will also require 4h information, but not as of yet.

So the short answer for now, if you are sending in a new version of the paper form 1, enter your name from 3b and the city/state you plan on making the firearm into 4h.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Great info - thanks.

Where and how did you do the engraving on this SBR?

Bill
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:59:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because of the design of the receiver on this firearm, I chose to engrave on the same side as all the other original engravings just to be safe. I engraved in the channel that would normally hold the rails of a collapsible stock when collapsed. I don't plan on ever putting a collapsible stock on, so I won't obscure the engraving. To do the engraving I use a number/letter punch set. It's not the prettiest, but it doesn't need to be (at least for me).
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 5:10:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Because of the design of the receiver on this firearm, I chose to engrave on the same side as all the other original engravings just to be safe. I engraved in the channel that would normally hold the rails of a collapsible stock when collapsed. I don't plan on ever putting a collapsible stock on, so I won't obscure the engraving. To do the engraving I use a number/letter punch set. It's not the prettiest, but it doesn't need to be (at least for me).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had it put in the channel... always been curios how this is legal though
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 10:02:41 AM EDT
[#22]
I need to take a better picture.  But I've had this for a few years.  

HK pins
Screw upgrade
SEF lower
HK safety selector
swarfworks three lug with threaded end
I've used the UMP style side folder but I like the collapsible better

Its been fun.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I had it put in the channel... always been curios how this is legal though http://i.imgur.com/p7tIs1d.jpg?1
View Quote

It doesn't look like it is. For anyone curious, the frame/receiver of the GSG-5/522 is a two piece design. For marking purposes I believe the right side is actually considered the legal firearm and the part that has to be engraved with the serial number. Other markings can be either on the frame or barrel but have to be unobstructed, so all the other markings are also on the right hand side. The piece that is marked in the Tornado Tech picture is part of the scope mount that is not actually a part of the frame, but is sandwiched between the left and right sides. I'm presuming that the particular gun in the picture is an SBR manufactured by Tornado Tech, and they should have to follow the marking guidelines and would have to put it on the right hand side like everyone else...unless they got a marking variance from ATF.
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:21:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

It doesn't look like it is. For anyone curious, the frame/receiver of the GSG-5/522 is a two piece design. For marking purposes I believe the right side is actually considered the legal firearm and the part that has to be engraved with the serial number. Other markings can be either on the frame or barrel but have to be unobstructed, so all the other markings are also on the right hand side. The piece that is marked in the Tornado Tech picture is part of the scope mount that is not actually a part of the frame, but is sandwiched between the left and right sides. I'm presuming that the particular gun in the picture is an SBR manufactured by Tornado Tech, and they should have to follow the marking guidelines and would have to put it on the right hand side like everyone else...unless they got a marking variance from ATF.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had it put in the channel... always been curios how this is legal though http://i.imgur.com/p7tIs1d.jpg?1

it is an option if you send your gun to them to be SBR'ed there is a thread about it where Tornado themselves posted and said they have done tons of them this way.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:51:51 AM EDT
[#25]
What mods do you have to perform on the pistol to add a stock to it? I'm considering purchasing the 9in barrel pistol model and filing a form 1 as well.

Also, what's the barrel thread pitch?
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:08:05 PM EDT
[#26]
No mods bolts right on.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quick question, my GSG522PK does not have a means to add a flash hider (does not seem to have a threaded barrel), how did you mount your?
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quick question, my GSG522PK does not have a means to add a flash hider (does not seem to have a threaded barrel), how did you mount your?
View Quote

Front sight base is threaded.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top