Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 7:27:16 AM EDT
They are hitting the shores and into the market, seems like we should be getting some first hand accounts on these.

Seems like they would make a "cute" SBR project - Are they all aluminum shell or plastic?

Link Posted: 9/5/2014 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and really like it.  I've never held a real MP40 but this probably comes close.  Metal receiver, folding stock, and barrel shroud made of cast Zamak (zinc/aluminum/copper alloy).  The clamshell underside cover of the receiver and grip panels are made from high density plastic.  The gun disassembles very easily with a single hex wrench screw.  The internal bolt assembly is a typical Ceiner style, and is easily removed and cleaned.  The 16" steel barrel is covered by the faux suppressor which simply screws off of the muzzle, and allows the quick changeout of the front sight blade with 5 various heights.

The plastic magazines easily hold 23 rds and are sturdy.  Lockup in the magwell is excellent.   Easily releases with the large button release.

In order to SBR the rifle, you'll need a barrel nut from GSG, which should be available when they market the pistol version.  I think that I'm going to SBR mine.

The rifle functions well with standard .22LR fodder.  It's an excellent 40 yd plinker.  I tried plinking clays at 100 yds using the bench, but the sights are far too coarse to allow that type of accuracy.  Walked up to around 40 yds and busted them easily offhand.

I highly recommend this fun gun.  I also own GSG-5, 5SD, 1911, and the StG44.  These GSG clones guns are well made and fun.  I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto. Mine has been fed a steady diet of stockpiled Remington golden bullets without a single stoppage or misfire. I HAVE shot a real WW2 MP-40, and it's as close as they could realistically get with the limitations your government has imposed. I will be SBR'ing mine.
Likewise, I have had two GSG-5's (one rifle, one pistol), a HK ,22 MP5, an ISSC MK22, and the GSG MP44. Of all of these the two WW2 clones are my favorite, with the MP-40 easily outclassing the MP-44 due to it's light weight and handiness. SBR'ed it would be a serious contender for "funnest gun this side of full auto", especially so if limited to .22 long rifle.
If you're on the bench about this one, have the money, and a steady stream of .22lr, then go for it. I paid $550 for mine when they first came out, and while not a rich man, I have not regretted spending that much. It'd be even cooler if I'd been able to wait and get it cheaper, but that's where you come in. :)
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:34:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Great to hear, when they hit the shelves in Georgia, I'll be getting one.

Can't wait!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top