Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2014 8:46:40 AM EDT
This has probably been discussed in the archives, but would it be possible for GSG to market a .22LR Luger?  Who currently owns the rights to the Luger?  Mauser?  In any case, I'm sure that a license to build one could be granted by anyone other than the danged greedy Heckler Koch.  

Anyway.... we have never really had access to a decent .22LR Luger pistol.  The Erma was not made very well and the Stoeger basterdized version was just plain ugly.  You guys have thrown out suggestions for some pretty obscure candidates for upcoming GSG clones, but without a doubt, a Luger clone (done as well as the original GSG-5, 1911, StG44, and MP40) would be an excellent offering and well received.  Everyone knows what a Luger is.... very few know what an FG42 is.

ATI..... could you please quickly let us know if a GSG-made Luger .22LR clone in the future is even possible from a legal standpoint?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Any claim would have long since expired. Making a new Luger is expensive if done properly.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Wonder if Stoeger still owns the US marketing rights to the name Luger?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:10:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Stoeger still owns the copyright of the term "Luger" Pistol.  Internationally it was known as the "Pistol parabellum"  People outside the US rarely refered to them as Lugers until the US dominated the terminology.  P-08 or Praabellum would be open for use I would think,  Licensing for the term luger may be a downer.
I would want to see a nice luger or Mauser Broomhandle in 22LR.  (That is if 22LR is plentiful Its still  about as much as the cheap russian 9mm in my neck of the woods!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder if Stoeger still owns the US marketing rights to the name Luger?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I think a P-38 clone would be easier.....and sweeeeeet!!!!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 1:46:55 AM EDT
[#5]
whats the point 22LR doesnt exist anymore. hasnt for years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

whats the point 22LR doesnt exist anymore. hasnt for years.
View Quote

This is, unfortunately, all too true in my area.  It's like it never existed.  I don't even shoot 22 lr any more...I shoot German air guns instead.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:33:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think a P-38 clone w. ld be easier.....and sweeeeeet!!!!
View Quote

Agree but no way in hell would Walther let GSG make a P38. Remember the GSG-5 ?  .
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Agree but no way in hell would Walther let GSG make a P38. Remember the GSG-5 ?  .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think a P-38 clone w. ld be easier.....and sweeeeeet!!!!

Damn!  Point taken!

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#9]
GSG already makes this for airsoft...Convert it to .22lr

GSG Airsoft MG42

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:44:51 PM EDT
[#10]

stoger made them for years you can get them on GB for $350ish they are very accurate  and the mag hold 13 rounds
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:09:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/ROKbeef01/P5140001_zpsb27f19f5.jpg

stoger made them for years you can get them on GB for $350ish they are very accurate  and the mag hold 13 rounds
View Quote

The Stoger only resembled the Luger.  I have no doubt that GSG could make a clone that looks exactly like a Luger.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top