Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/2/2014 6:15:16 PM EDT
I got into the GSG 5 game when it first started. Mine ran great (had the improvements when I got it) but they were hot and a guy with a hand full of money talked me out of it. Recently a guy had a new in the  box one, never put together or shot, and wanted to sell it for $200.  Well, why not I said. (Metal one, not the plastic light weight one). I read where some have various problems with them so it was a chance I took.

My new problem is, I need more magazines!  This one runs great right out of the box. Shoots better than the first one I had a few years back. Its the SD one and the barrel seems maybe a little heavier. Don't know, its been awhile. But it runs great and the three mags I have all run perfectly also.

These things are fun range toys and this one seems to not have any bugs. I think I will keep this one for awhile, maybe buy some more mags while they are on sale.
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#1]
From one GSG5'er to another, congrats!  Here ya go!
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 8:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ordered mine today... I'll be having a problem like OP's real soon.

I figure 4 mags should hold me over... I'll work on the mods/upgrades, too. Then probably SBR.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine, and had a problem....

The mag release was STIFF as hell. I almost thought it wasn't supposed to move. I've used it a bunch inserting and pulling out the mag that it has loosened up, but it's still a bit tight. Hopefully it'll loosen up more.

I found that Palmetto State Armory had two packs of 22rd mags for under $30, so I ordered a couple of those (4 mags total). I ordered the conversion kit from CDNN, and found a cool thing. CDNN stuff gets to me the next day. Booyeah.

I'm also going to SBR this sucker. I saw that ATI has (or at least used to have) the GSG-522P barrels that you could just buy from them. I posted in the sticky thread, but they apparently aren't that responsive these days. Does anyone know if the pistol barrels are still available from ATI?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the pistol barrels are still available from ATI?
View Quote

Just spoke with them a couple weeks ago. They most certainly will sell you the shorter barrel directly.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top