Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 7/1/2014 9:28:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 5:55:11 AM EDT
[#1]
So what's the final makeup of these ?

Fixed stock, short barrel  or the suppressor model ?
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hello folks,

First container loaded yesterday in Germany.  Couple of weeks for import, customs clearance and boom.  We'll be getting them out to our stocking dealers and distributors when they arrive.
View Quote

You guys should make a version in 9mm and remove the fake suppresor and just do a 16 inch barrel
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys should make a version in 9mm and remove the fake suppresor and just do a 16 inch barrel
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hello folks,

First container loaded yesterday in Germany.  Couple of weeks for import, customs clearance and boom.  We'll be getting them out to our stocking dealers and distributors when they arrive.

9mm imports are subject to many more regulations including the sporting purposes clause of 922, so you won't get the look you want.  The .22LR replicas that GSG make are rimfire, so they are no subject to those same regulations and laws.  So no, there won't be a 9mm version of it.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I would think you could build a 9mm version here in the states, but something tells me that would make it VERY expensive!
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 11:07:00 PM EDT
[#6]
There was a domestic produced 9mm carbine and pistol version available about six years ago by Schlosser's Supply Room (or something like that). They were a very limited run and cost upwards of $2500. I almost bought one, and wish I had now. Last one I saw on Gunbrokercom was $4000!!! I don't think GSG/ATI is in the business to make a 9mm niche replica firearm, but if they did....
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 7:36:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you ATI and GSG for developing .22LR versions of the MP-5, 1911, MP-44, and the MP-40.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 1:03:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Just saw the first GSG-MP40 on gunbroker - starting at $550 with a $600 buy-it-now! Here they come folks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 4:50:56 PM EDT
[#9]
There available at Aim Surplus if you want one.

$480

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thank you ATI and GSG for developing .22LR versions of the MP-5, 1911, MP-44, and the MP-40.  
View Quote

Love the GSG 1911.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Strange!  I posted Pics and a Review of mine that I bought last Wednesday, and by Friday the ATI Link on here under Industry was gone.  I had posted 25 Pics showing the Box, Contents, etc.  If anyone would like me to Re-Post the Pics and Review, let me know, and I'll pop it up again.

I was really surprised when I got it last week, because my Dealer told me I was the First Customer to buy one of these in the US.  I had done a Pre-Order the week before, and picked it up last Wednesday from my FFL.

VERY COOL RIFLE!!!

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 5:53:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Strange!  I posted Pics and a Review of mine that I bought last Wednesday, and by Friday the ATI Link on here under Industry was gone.  I had posted 25 Pics showing the Box, Contents, etc.  If anyone would like me to Re-Post the Pics and Review, let me know, and I'll pop it up again.

I was really surprised when I got it last week, because my Dealer told me I was the First Customer to buy one of these in the US.  I had done a Pre-Order the week before, and picked it up last Wednesday from my FFL.

VERY COOL RIFLE!!!

Cheers!

BB
View Quote

Yes, post pics AND review.  I also noticed ATI is gone from the industry section.
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:26:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yes, post pics AND review.  I also noticed ATI is gone from the industry section.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VERY COOL RIFLE!!!

Cheers!

BB

Will do!  I'll get the Review and Pics back up by tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/12/2014 11:48:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Say someone wanted to sbr one, would it be better to have the 16" rifle cut or to add a stock to the pistol?
I'm asking because I don't know how the folded stock will be fixed to the pistol, or even if it will have a way of mounting one.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Say someone wanted to sbr one, would it be better to have the 16" rifle cut or to add a stock to the pistol?
I'm asking because I don't know how the folded stock will be fixed to the pistol, or even if it will have a way of mounting one.
View Quote

From the recent pics I've seen on the German website, the Stock will be in a fixed  & pinned Open Position for the Pistol.  Not sure if GSG will make any changes to that design by Release Date next year or not.

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Purchased the last one from AIM.  Hoping the quality is good and that it is mostly metal.
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Purchased the last one from AIM.  Hoping the quality is good and that it is mostly metal.
View Quote

Congrats! If you're familiar with the build quality of the STG-44, it's the same caliber of work.  Very detailed metal construction, with very little plastic.  The supposedly All-Metal Mags, however, are Polymer.  Again... however... the build quality of the Mags are Excellent, and on par with the GSG-522 Polymer Mags.  My MP-40 came in a wooden crate with 2 Mags.  Future MP40's, will come in a cardboard box with 1 Mag.

FYI, the current shipment of guns do not have a Top Rail as previously advertised.  Not sure if later shipments will have them or not.  From my understanding, the Top Rail will be offered as an option.

Cheers!

BB

Link Posted: 8/13/2014 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it one to one sized to the real MP-40?  Are mags the same external size?
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is it one to one sized to the real MP-40?  Are mags the same external size?
View Quote

I handled one a couple of times at a Local Gun Show in San Antonio.  There's a Gent that has a WW-II Weapons Booth, with P08 Lugers, MP40's, MG42, PPSH-41, KAR-98, and a few others I can't recall at the moment.  Every time I go to the Gun Show, he's there, and we talk a bit.  Last two times, he let me take a look at the MP40 with an Empty Mag inserted, and it was a bit hefty.  Under 10 lbs with an Empty Mag, and right at 10 lbs with a Fully Loaded Mag, he said.  After checking out mine, I would say they're the same size and comparable weight, given that he has Metal Mags and these are Polymer.  The WW-II MP40's used Bakelite for the Plastics on the Grips and Lower Receiver, while GSG uses Polymer instead of the Bakelite in the same places.

Here are some Specs for you, that I found online for the Original MP40's, and the Specs I just did on my MP40:

WW-II MP40:

- Length:  32.8" With Stock Extended
- Barrel Length:  9.9"
- Weight Unloaded:  8.7 lbs
- Weight Loaded:  10.36 lbs

GSG-MP40:

- Length:  24" Without Suppressor and Stock Folded Under (Measured from Back End of Grip, to End of Barrel at Front Sight Hood).
- Length:  31" With Suppressor and Stock Folded Under.
- Length:  32.5" Without Suppressor and Stock Extended.
- Length:  39.5" With Suppressor and Stock Extended.
- Barrel Length:  9.5" Without Suppressor (Measured from just forward of the Bolt to the End of Barrel at Front Sight Hood).
- Barrel Length:  16.5" With Suppressor
- Weight Unloaded:  8 lbs
- Weight Loaded:  (Not Yet Tested)

Also, I don't have any info on the Original MP40 Mag Specs, but here are the Specs for the GSG-MP40 Polymer Mags:

- Length:  10"
- Width:  .75"
- Depth:  1.75"  

Hope that info helps out!

I'll be Re-Posting my Review with Pics on here, that I did last Thursday.  I had originally posted it in the ATI Section, however, they're down for the moment.

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/13/2014 11:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I found that original MP40 mags are approximately 9.4 inches.  Thanks for the information.  It looks like these are just about the same size and weight.  Hopefully the GSG mags will fit in a MP40 mag pouch that I have and a sling made for a real MP40 will fit. I also hope there will be a good source for extra mags, got to have at least 6 total to go with the pouches.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think I've read before that a pistol is always considered a pistol with the ATF and you couldn't add a shoulder stock to it.  That's why you have to be very careful when you buy AR15 lower receivers that were assigned as "pistol" lowers.  I've heard you can't build those as rifles.   The Short Barreled Rifle stamp may only be possible for modifying the rifle version of the MP40.  I could be totally wrong... it's happened many times.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think I've read before that a pistol is always considered a pistol with the ATF and you couldn't add a shoulder stock to it.  That's why you have to be very careful when you buy AR15 lower receivers that were assigned as "pistol" lowers.  I've heard you can't build those as rifles.   The Short Barreled Rifle stamp may only be possible for modifying the rifle version of the MP40.  I could be totally wrong... it's happened many times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would think the general rule that you can make a rifle out of a pistol but not a pistol out of a rifle would apply here also.
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#23]
anyone have any close up shots of the action?

I want one desperately but until I get out of NY... I can only get one if I perm attach the magazine.....

So the question is can it be loaded from the action with an open bolt with the mag inserted?
Link Posted: 8/16/2014 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
anyone have any close up shots of the action?

I want one desperately but until I get out of NY... I can only get one if I perm attach the magazine.....

So the question is can it be loaded from the action with an open bolt with the mag inserted?
View Quote

I just checked for you, and unfortunately, with the Length of the Feed Lips on the Mag, you wouldn't be able to Load it through the Open Bolt.  There wouldn't be enough clearance between the Front of the Feed Lips and the Chamber Face, to Load the Round.  You'd have to Load Single Rounds directly into the Breech, and only fire 1-Shot at a time.  It'd be like a Bolt Action Rifle.

If you still want a Pic, I can get you a Pic tomorrow, of the Action with a Loaded Mag.

Cheers!

BB
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 9:02:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for checking for me blackbeard.

All the more reason to get the f*ck out of this state ASAFP!

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The opening model is still the fake suppressor version with the folding stock.  Pistol version will not be until sometime next year.
View Quote

Here's to hoping it's the early part of next year, not the later!

Richard
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#27]
time to take a page out of IWI's playbook...and make every single part you legally can overseas, but assemble the guns in the US so we can have 9mm. Wouldn't require to massive of a production I wouldn't think. You oughta be able to contract out a lot of the US made parts, no?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#28]
THIS is the way they are supposed to be:

Unfortunately, I have yet to get out to the range with it.
Got the machined aluminum muzzle cap from a guy on this, or possibly some other board.
Best $200 worth of taxes I ever paid!
Can't wait for the 9mm version I hear GSG has in the works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
http://home.comcast.net/~gunspotz/gsgmp40.jpg
Got the machined aluminum muzzle cap from a guy on this, or possibly some other board.
View Quote

Looks great.  The advantage of 9mm is that is almost as cheap to shoot as 22!and more plentiful!
I can easily find 9mm for $11/box of 50 or less and can't find 22!

Did you cut & crown your own barrel - - How did it go?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:54:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sbr a rifle by cutting the barrel shorter than 16" or adding a butt stock to a pistol. Its common to sbr ak pistols by just adding a stock because it way harder to cut and move the sights on a ak. All after your stamp is in ofcourse.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:46:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did. I used that pinnacle of precision instrumentation, the $99 Harbor Freight chop saw, and a Dremel round stone to crown it. Worked fine, and is minute of pop can using gravel pit zero all day long!
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:17:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I did. I used that pinnacle of precision instrumentation, the $99 Harbor Freight chop saw, and a Dremel round stone to crown it. Worked fine, and is minute of pop can using gravel pit zero all day long!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did it take to get the stock working?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:10:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Huh? Stock works out of the box. You have to push in the button though, right?
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Huh? Stock works out of the box. You have to push in the button though, right?
View Quote

Woops, for some reason I was thinking of the pistol version.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
http://home.comcast.net/~gunspotz/gsgmp40.jpg
View Quote

I would buy that in a heart beat
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 8:49:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 6/1/2015 1:14:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Oops, sorry Christopher for the long delay in responding...if you haven't done so already, please do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#38]
This might be a silly question, but will the 110 rd magazine for the GSG5 fit the MP40?
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top