Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 12:33:52 AM EDT
Bought my STG-44 about a month ago for under 3 and a quarter after $50 rebate and finally got to shoot it yesterday!  The good news is no jams unlike the GSG-5 when I got it!  I had a heck of time with my GSG and still do with the 110 drum.   I got the mags sanded down and that fixed the issues for the most part.  The drum I have had it replaced 4 times and even with the the new one it still jams, so I guess a waste of money!

Now for the STG-44, no jams!  But its shooting a foot or so low, is this still a problem after a year or I wonder if I got old stock?  I used some washers and raised the rear sight and using a bore laser it still doesn't seem right.

Did ATI ever get a fix or are there other solutions and is this still a problem?   I tried calling ATI a few times today and can't get through so I emailed them.  Just wondering what others have done, because I don't see that much info out there.

I see a rail for a scope is available now from ATI, but hate to ruin the stock look of the gun!
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 9:41:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine shot a bit low but cranking the rear sight up a bit cured the isse.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I raised the rear site as per the link below and using a bore laser it still seems low.  I still have to adjust the rear site to about 60 and it seems about right.  Seems to be way off, I have to get it out to the range and test again.  Also tested my Ruger takedown 10/22, what an awesome gun if anyone is looking for a .22!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_41/391904_Question_on_the_GSG_StG_44.html
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 10:58:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine needed to be on the 700 m mark to be near the bull at 50 yrds.  I fabricated a spacer because with washers there was a space that I couldn't tolerate on a $500.00 + rifle.  Then the wooden stock decided to fall off as I had one of the early versions with only two attachment points.  To their credit ATI did take care of this under warranty albeit slowly.

Honestly all that's needed to fix this is a spacer, it could be plastic that would be fine.

When I read that you got yours cheap and with a rebate I realize buying one the week they came out wasn't a very good idea  I was fired up at the idea of the MP-40 for a while,  now I think I'll wait a good long while before making a decision.  

Honestly since I started reloading I shoot a lot more 5.56 than 22lr and with the currently craziness over 22lr it's not really that much more expensive.

Bit of rambling here but I don't understand why ATI doesn't offer a cheap injection molded plastic spacer, even if they offer it as an accessory.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top