Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:52:29 PM EDT
Ok, which one?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ok, which one?
View Quote

Mounting to a LW (plastic upper) or normal (metal upper) model?  I suspect the answers are "none" and "any" respectively, but I have no personal experience.  My -522 runs in -5 configuration.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is a plastic covered metal. It is a 2013 vintage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think it is a plastic covered metal. It is a 2013 vintage.
View Quote

Sounds like the lightweight, even in 2014 AFAIK there are both options.  Many dealers carry only the $100 cheaper LW versions in my experience.  From what I've heard here the plastic lightweight receiver upper flexes a lot - thus my comment on nothing working well, but I have no personal experience so maybe someone else will chime in.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I decided to order the HK claw mount for $99. I guess we will see. I'll post back when I get it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Got it, it's junk. I ordered one of every kind off of amazon. Surely one will work.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:40:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got it, it's junk. I ordered one of every kind off of amazon. Surely one will work.
View Quote

Real HK claw mounts are what $200-300?  With the plastic upper, I'm not sure even they would give you a solid mount - I truly think the lightweight is at most useful for stock-style iron sights...
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#7]
If its the model before the H&K lawsuit, Try here, he sell a lot of H&K style low profile scope mounts.  "Claw mount"  

I have one on my PK and would share a pic but don't see where I can up load a picture.

http://mfiap.com/c-304911-scope-mounts-hk-mp5-hk-94-or-any-hk-style-mp5-variant.html
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top