Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2014 12:38:42 AM EDT
Anyone know where to pick up a high-quality, ready to go fixed stock like RRages used to carry?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
HK parts .net.  They do not have then in stock currently, but keep them in your sights.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 1:28:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK parts .net.  They do not have then in stock currently, but keep them in your sights.
View Quote

Note those will need modification and OP asked for "ready-to-go".  RRages also gets them in occasionally, though mine didn't fit so well and he took it back no questions asked - despite quite possibly being an issue on my side.  Classy operation!
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=41&t=244309&page=1

some good info on stocks

Quoted:

Note those will need modification and OP asked for "ready-to-go".  RRages also gets them in occasionally, though mine didn't fit so well and he took it back no questions asked - despite quite possibly being an issue on my side.  Classy operation!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 12:36:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought the stock set today 052214 from rrages.  They sent an email out saying they have them.

http://rrages.com/stocks/set.htm
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bought the stock set today 052214 from rrages.  They sent an email out saying they have them.

View Quote

SCORE! Or at least I hope...

Ordered it, and my card has a pending charge from them... but never got an email (got to the invoice page, and clicked continue). Been having issues with Yahoo email, so it might be the source of the problem.

Already put an order through RRages last week for screws, pins, slim forend, buffer and sling. Guess I'll have an extra forend when it is said and done, which is ok, Gives me two very solid options to run on my GSG5.

-EDIT- Got the email last night.
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Whoo! Little rich for my blood. Guess I'll try my hand at modding a cheap MP5 stock.

Link Posted: 5/23/2014 9:31:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Whoo! Little rich for my blood. Guess I'll try my hand at modding a cheap MP5 stock.  
View Quote

Depends on what you are looking for in the long run...

I've been pricing HK stocks for a few weeks. Some good ones pop up on GunBroker from time to time... anywhere from $60 to $85 (depending on condition, plus the additional shipping costs). Numrich has them for a little over $150, and one of the HK parts stores has them for $140. Those prices are just for an A2 stock. Cheaper aftermarket is out there, but it is a toss up on whether you'll get one that is solid, or not. I have the original GSG5 stock on my gun, and swapping it due to the movement, so a solid stock is high on my list.

Then, you have modify the stock to fit it to the receiver (not hard, but got to take your time to do it right). Once that is done, modify the hole on the trigger housing, and put in the larger push pin (some stocks I've seen include the pin, others did not).

With the Rrages' kit, you just have to worry about that hole... that's it. And the forend is good to go, as well. The time and chance of getting a crappy aftermarket stock are worth the money to me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinking of trying Paki for $49 from RTG. I've already done the pushpins.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 1:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
UPDATE:

Purchased: 052215

Received: 060514

I got the stock set and push pin upgrade also.  The stock set is solid and locks up tight on my rifle.  No wobble.  The sets are already modified for the GSG5 so no dremel mod is needed.  Yes they were pricey but well worth it IMO.  Its a great upgrade from the cheap toy plastic originally on it.  

Note:   Requires that you modify your trigger group housing tailpiece to accept the larger HK push pin (sold separately).

I'm sure you can find these original HK sets cheaper but its always a wait...so I jumped on it when I saw they were already cut for the GSG and in stock.

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#10]
My converted H&K SEF Navy lower and converted g3 trigger pack would go great with this stock set! I need to give rrage a call.

R,
Ben Radcliff
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:24:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I have an new in the box solid stock for the H&K A2 MP5 .22 In the H&K box, never used.  It is an extra.  Found a happy home.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top