Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 3/10/2014 11:39:14 AM EDT
Picked one up this weekend, kind of a whim.  Dealer was clearancing it out, plus there's a $50 rebate.  Took it out Sunday and ran 150 rounds through it, just to verify function.  Haven't done any serious sighting in or accuracuy work.

In no particular order:  Mine seems to shoot low.  Not a big deal, the rear sight is adjustable.  Is this a common issue?  The mag seems to prefer 22 or 23 rounds instead of the full 25.  I wasn't too surprised about that.  The e clip that holds the windage screw in place was missing.  A trip the hardware store cured that, for now.  I'll try and get the real part later.  My impression is the gun will like to be kept clean and well lubed.

How well is everyone else doing with their's?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, the sight is a bit off. I don't really care. At all. It's a conversation/display piece first, a plinker second as far as I'm concerned. I bought the gun because I will never be able to afford a real STG and likely never a PTR-44. BD-44s cannot be imported..
so this .22 is better than an airsoft replica and I'm fairly happy with it. If I want to do some serious shooting, I'm getting my Savage bolt gun.

The action is actually a Ciener .22 copy. I haven't had a single issue with it, and it's a MUCH better system than that in the GSG-5.

Fun gun, reliable. Just for the record, it's an MP-43/1 "clone". The muzzle nut....

I wouldn't use lube.. just attracts more dust. Just put some LIGHT grease on the rails the bolts slides on. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 9:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Update:  Mine does not like Remington Thunderbolt.  At all, no way, no how.  Loves Blazer.  

But then I've never seen anything that "liked" T-bolts.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 10:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Hunter GSP9700 loves 'em, but not much use in anything else IMO.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:18:16 AM EDT
[#4]
just an FYI and pleasant surprise, the muzzle nut DOES thread off.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Rebate check arrived last week.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 11:21:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the Suppressor Adapter linked above. Works great. Good price.
Link Posted: 6/28/2014 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just ordered one today along with 10 extra mags.  I've been wanting to order one of these for a while and finally quit procrastinating and ordered the darn thing.
View Quote

It's a fun gun.  Remarkably heavy for a 22.  Ergonomics are ..... different to say the least.  Haven't bought any spare mags yet, need to do that.  Not sure when the rebate expires.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:07:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Update:  Mine does not like Remington Thunderbolt.  At all, no way, no how.  Loves Blazer.  

View Quote

oddly enough my GSG-5PK loves t-bolts...will hardly run on anything else.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It does, its on there really tight though.  And this threads right in...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can anyone post a picture of what the ATI STG muzzle threads look like?  Need to know if the barrel is threaded to comply with the CT AWB.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I just got word that my rebate check is in route.  Was hung up due to the dealer (Palmetto State) telling me they could not make a copy of the page 3 of the 4473 for me for the rebate application.  They finally relented.  

Thanks to ATI for working with me to get the rebate!

PS..I love mine.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I've been wanting to pick one of these up myself,who has the best prices?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:28:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Could someone please post a picture of what the insides of your StG44 buttstock adapter cup looks like with the three mounting bolt/screws and steel re-enforcing plate?  I'd like to see what they look like.  I saw a picture on the forums of the current buttstock attachment configuration over a year ago, but can't find it now.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I ordered that before you posted ;) I'm the first youtuber to post a video... the ONLY silenced GSG STG vid, actually ;)

Since the adapter doesn't thread on the the barrel itself, but a housing, I STRONGLY advise you guys check for concentric alignment before firing with your silencers! Just install the adapter, remove the bolt and look down the bore from the chamber end. Make sure there will be no baffle strikes. Obviously mine was fine.  Also, the adapter works for the GSG-5P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ogspg4Ezgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMHbhepkjTM
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top