Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 3:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Chris.

Any word on a pistol version?
Link Posted: 2/5/2014 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
So sad I will not be able to buy in NY, I have previously bought ATI/GSG's will miss buying this one.  Also miss ATI being local.  Can't wait to move out of here.  Still looking for a place to move after I vote out Gov. Andrew Cuomo
Link Posted: 2/13/2014 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It comes witht he original iron sight installed w/ the rail in the box.  The one GSG sent us on a temporary import for shot show only had the rail.  We confirmed that when production models ship, they will have the original sight attached w/ the rail in the box for those who want to use it.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. The rail on the top would have been a deal breaker for me, it just looks so out of place. Can't wait to get one of these to go with my STG-44
Link Posted: 2/19/2014 2:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Please listen to all of us,the pistol version with pinned stock [in the folded position] would sell like hotcakes!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Pistol version!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 6:34:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Pistol version!!
View Quote

Please god give me patience - and can you hurry up with it?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 12:20:56 AM EDT
[#7]
OK, so...March is now over.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Still waiting.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw the ATI booth at a show and the MP40 on display had a plastic body - Will the Production Run Guns have a metal body like the STG44 or will it be polymer?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Plastic body?  I hope that was just the display as I will likely have to pass if it is polymer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 9:20:36 AM EDT
[#11]
I was really fired up when I heard the MP-40 was coming out but the more rumors I hear ie plastic body, picatinny rail, the horrible  fake silencer the less enthused I become.  I know why there has to be a fake can and the rail question is answered above but a plastic body seals the deal, I won't be getting one.

My own personal math works something like this:  This thing is a $500.00 -$600.00 22lr toy.  To approach what I would really want there is another $200.00 investment in order to SBR it, now you're getting up in decent AR territory.  The current insanity surrounding the availability  22lr makes the gap between it and hand loaded 5.56 small enough to be a factor ... crap ... I think I just talked myself out of buying one.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:16:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was really fired up when I heard the MP-40 was coming out but the more rumors I hear ie plastic body, picatinny rail, the horrible  fake silencer the less enthused I become.  I know why there has to be a fake can and the rail question is answered above but a plastic body seals the deal, I won't be getting one.

My own personal math works something like this:  This thing is a $500.00 -$600.00 22lr toy.  To approach what I would really want there is another $200.00 investment in order to SBR it, now you're getting up in decent AR territory.  The current insanity surrounding the availability  22lr makes the gap between it and hand loaded 5.56 small enough to be a factor ... crap ... I think I just talked myself out of buying one.
View Quote

I think you just talked me out of buying one also.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 2:50:41 PM EDT
[#13]
If You go to ATI's Home page, It has a picture of the MP 40 that says " Black Bakelite Furniture, Comes in WW2 style wood Crate, All Metal Construction, Steel 28 Round Mag.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:47:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I went to the website too and saw that  - But what I observed on the mock-up was a polymer receiver tube, not the furniture - I don't mind if the furniture is polymer, but its got me worried.  I really want to get one (when I get out of this state) and really hope its metal like its STG big brother.  

Quoted:
If You go to ATI's Home page, It has a picture of the MP 40 that says " Black Bakelite Furniture, Comes in WW2 style wood Crate, All Metal Construction, Steel 28 Round Mag.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:35:26 PM EDT
[#16]
The latest shotgun news had a full page color add for the MP-40, must be getting close.   From the MSRP expect sticker shock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Unless I can buy a rear sight for it to replace that rail I am going to have to pass.  I can deal with the fake suppressor as I would SBR it anyway and when the stamp came in off would come that fake can.  However that rail is a no go.
View Quote

Sweeet! I haven't posted here in a long time but this has definitely got my attention.  I sure hope they are looking into a pistol version with a non retractable stock to comply with ATF standards.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#18]
The STG met my expectations besides the charging handle operation not being exactly the same, as far as the receiver cut out. I was surprised that the mp43/1 muzzle nut IS REMOVABLE. I'm probably one of the only people who's silenced a gsg stg.

That said I'd love to have an mp40 but the quality and detail is going to really have to be above and beyond. In fact, why don't they just make it a pistol in 9mm? I don't think it would be subject to ammo restrictions then. Of course, that's not possible either. I understand that GSG mainly deals in high purity zinc and operates primarily as an airsoft manufacturer. Maybe some day, someone will carry the torch.  Unless this thing is in the $300 range I can't see paying more than I did for my PPS-43 which is a true piece of history and a once-was full auto base gun converted to semi.
Link Posted: 6/15/2014 1:11:52 AM EDT
[#19]
A trust and $200 is really not that big of a deal to SBR... I'd rather it have the fake can so I can chop/replace the barrel later. So long as there's muzzle threading to attach a can it's all good..
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Chris/ATI,

It's been a long time since y'all gave us an update.  Lots of negative speculation on this thread in the absence of official news.  Spring of 14 is officially over.  Please give us an update.
Link Posted: 7/1/2014 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top