Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/27/2013 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually just this week, as part of the state budget, I believe the NY State Legislature amended the NYSAFE law and now continually permits 10 round mags but no more than 7 in them.  So your 10 round mags would still be viable.

Quoted:
Hi,

Regarding this:

Why wouldn't the GSG MP40 in pistol configuration (and a 7-rd magazine) be legal in New York under the 2013 SAFE Act???

And the answer is.....I'm sorry, but the MP-40 in pistol configuration is in fact evil under the SAFE Atc because....it is a semi automatic pistol with a detachable magazine that is a) outside of the pistol grip (so that's strike one which is enough to disqualify it) and b) will have a manufactured weight of over 50 ounces.

EVIL!!!!

So yeah, that sucks.  Actually, there is a GSG that is still legal in NY, and that is the California 1911.  The only thing that differentiates this from the regular version is it does not have a threaded BBL and has CA on the slide next to GSG 1911.  After April 15th, with a 7rnd magazine, the CA 1911 will still be legal for consumers to purchase in NY.  We have to make a 7 rnd for it, but we're working on it.  I have the very first test GSG-922 CA models just in, so they're about to go to CA for testing.  Those have to pass CA testing before we go full production on them, those will be NY compliant w/ the 7 rnd mags as well once they go into full production.  CA testing takes about 8 months, so we won't start mass producing them until 2014 sometime.

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Witha california tool--only release mag, perhaps possible in NY then?

Its a pistol then without a detachable mag???

I'm sure the folks in Rochester at ATI would love to be able to own one too.

Quoted:
Actually just this week, as part of the state budget, I believe the NY State Legislature amended the NYSAFE law and now continually permits 10 round mags but no more than 7 in them.  So your 10 round mags would still be viable.

Quoted:
Hi,

Regarding this:

Why wouldn't the GSG MP40 in pistol configuration (and a 7-rd magazine) be legal in New York under the 2013 SAFE Act???

And the answer is.....I'm sorry, but the MP-40 in pistol configuration is in fact evil under the SAFE Atc because....it is a semi automatic pistol with a detachable magazine that is a) outside of the pistol grip (so that's strike one which is enough to disqualify it) and b) will have a manufactured weight of over 50 ounces.

EVIL!!!!

So yeah, that sucks.  Actually, there is a GSG that is still legal in NY, and that is the California 1911.  The only thing that differentiates this from the regular version is it does not have a threaded BBL and has CA on the slide next to GSG 1911.  After April 15th, with a 7rnd magazine, the CA 1911 will still be legal for consumers to purchase in NY.  We have to make a 7 rnd for it, but we're working on it.  I have the very first test GSG-922 CA models just in, so they're about to go to CA for testing.  Those have to pass CA testing before we go full production on them, those will be NY compliant w/ the 7 rnd mags as well once they go into full production.  CA testing takes about 8 months, so we won't start mass producing them until 2014 sometime.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:49:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To be honest I would LOVE to have a .22lr PPSh-41 replica more so that the MP-40

Bam!!
http://mauser.net/firearms/rifles/rimfire-rifles/PPS50-22/PPS-740px.png
Here

That’s a terribly inaccurate replica.  GSG could do better than that.

That one looks to be a real gun.  Not an action in a clam-shell.

I still want an MP40...
Link Posted: 4/19/2013 12:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
id be interested in a .22LR FG42

Link Posted: 5/10/2013 1:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Any news on this thing?
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 1:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2013 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Still waiting to send the first test ones to ATF from GSG.

Any pre-production MP40 pics? I'm especially interested in the pistol version.

Link Posted: 5/15/2013 8:28:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I already see to w/ the MP-40 where we'll have our greatest issue in development.....it has a completely straight stick magazine but rimfire bullets do not stack straight.  Gonna be interesting to see what GSG comes up with for that.
If a straight stick magazine is the issuse, why not have the gun made to take the 40 round straight stick mag black dog machine makes for MAC 11/9 conversions. Or are those not made anymore?

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:54:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I used to own a real MP--40 till I Moved to Kalifornia.
I miss it sooo much, this looks to be a possible light at the end of the tunnel.
I will definitely buy the pistol version, any Idea when or how long for it to make the Ca DOJ Approved Handguns list?
I have a GSG-522 and I managed to get 2 consecutive serial numbered guns for myself and my son.
I may have to do that again........
Thanks
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#13]
WTF! Yea less blame the guns for our sytem being so Fing pathetic! letting crooks out that have already murdered and raped OMG! It is just the begining! Strap on cause we are going to all be F$#%*( in the end.
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 1:42:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Still waiting to send the first test ones to ATF from GSG.

Seconded. Any pics? Wet our whistles. Feed our lusts. Living in a non-class III state, I've wanted an MP-40 my whole life. Love my Stg-44/22, but CAN'T WAIT for this gem!
Pics, pics, pics!!!
(Please)
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The first working one is approved by ATF and (finally) arrived here today from them.  I have a pic of it in the wood crate we had made by the Amish & we will be displaying it at a distributor show at the end of this month.

My best guess on first shipment at this time is April 2014.
View Quote

You posted this without the pic?
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:17:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
yeah, i totally don't know how to post pics on here.

I can email it tho.
View Quote

Email to me. Use the email button below.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Although I am technically proficent enough to post it on our FB page!

Seriously, i can import hundreds of thousands of firearms from almost anywhere in the world but i suck at putting pictures on here lol
View Quote

How about an ATI FX9?
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#22]

Are you going to offer one without the faux suppressor? Just a fixed stock design?

This picture is a little disappointing to say the least.
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:37:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#24]
This product is something that a pistol version could definately outsell rifle version.  Pinned/welded shut stock, standard length barrel.

C'mon, it's an MP40, who opens the stock to shoot those anyways?  
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This product is something that a pistol version could definately outsell rifle version.  Pinned/welded shut stock, standard length barrel.

View Quote

Agree - I would buy a pistol version with non-functioning stock.
It would be unlikely I would put out the money for a rifle version.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't care if it comes with the fake suppressor as I intend to SBR that right away.  Once I get my stamp I will just have a gunsmith cut and crown the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Ughh, that fake suppressor is ... unfortunate
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep especially with the 'suppressor' just turns the whole thing off.
Link Posted: 11/3/2013 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

One w/out the fake suppressor would be an SBR or just have the barrel exposed.  Because of the design of the gun, the ejection port is so far up toward the front that there was no getting around the fake suppressor for a full 16" barrel.  We have always displayed this gun in this fashion.  The stock is an underfolder and folds out or collapses under like the real MP-40.  As far as a fixed stock, not to my knowledge.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Are you going to offer one without the faux suppressor? Just a fixed stock design?

One w/out the fake suppressor would be an SBR or just have the barrel exposed.  Because of the design of the gun, the ejection port is so far up toward the front that there was no getting around the fake suppressor for a full 16" barrel.  We have always displayed this gun in this fashion.  The stock is an underfolder and folds out or collapses under like the real MP-40.  As far as a fixed stock, not to my knowledge.

I think he is referring to somthing similar to the Pps 43 pistols that hit the market a while back.
Original length barrel with the underfolding stock pinned or welded.
Almost every historical photo I have seen of the Mp40 in action the stock was folded anyways.
The 'supressor' ruins it for me.
Link Posted: 11/5/2013 8:00:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Pin that stock closed. It's a .22, not a precision rifle.

Machine pistol after all....
Link Posted: 11/6/2013 8:07:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have to agree with this. I don't seeing this go over well in the firearms community as it, but make the stock non-opening and in the standard barrel length and sell it as a pistol I think it will fly off the shelves like hotcakes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2013 12:36:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 11/16/2013 4:40:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Hi Chris, do you know if a UK model is being planned (that fits in with our silly firearms laws)?
The MP40 has always been my 2nd favourite gun (after MP5, have GSG 5).

Cheers

Keitj
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:49:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ughh, that fake suppressor is ... unfortunate
View Quote

This, would rather have a pistol version anyway.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#36]
i dont mind the suppressor so much. Ill probably never own a real mp40 this is as close as i could get.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#37]
cool a pistol version will be so cool.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:28:16 AM EDT
[#38]
Just leave the stock off!

Will buy in a second!
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:47:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Definitely want the pistol version. You almost never see people shooting MP40 with a stock anyway.

Gotta shoot it from the hip. This could be a very fun blaster.
Link Posted: 1/11/2014 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#40]
I did a cross post in the ATI Industry section about these MP-40 mag offerings.... interesting !

Yea, I know they're not available but..... something we should know about

MP-40 Mags
Link Posted: 1/16/2014 12:57:10 AM EDT
[#41]
I've been dreaming of this piece since I was 12 years old back in 1975!!!!
BRING IT ON!!!

(Now that there is no more .22 ammo)

Link Posted: 1/24/2014 10:00:34 AM EDT
[#42]
http://www.guns.com/2014/01/19/mp40-22lr/

Have to say I am disappoint.

The faux suppressor is something we just have to live with but a picatinny rail?!?!?!?!?! On an MP-40?!?!?!
BLASPHEMY!!!!!
It better be removable/replaceable with a period correct rear sight or I'm gonna pass.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted: but a picatinny rail?!?!?!?!?! On an MP-40?!?!?!
BLASPHEMY!!!!!
It better be removable/replaceable with a period correct rear sight or I'm gonna pass.
View Quote

I looked like your avatar when I read this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Its not going to sell very well.

Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#45]
I will buy a pistol version with the stock welded. If its offered.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 10:12:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I will buy a pistol version with the stock welded. If its offered.
View Quote

This.  Maybe even just a pistol version, but stock pinned into place would be ideal.  Frankly this is the first GSG product I would really seriously consider SBR-ing, so please make the pistol version SBR-friendly (replaceable stock once Uncle Sniffles signs on my dotted line).

Pistol please!!!!!!!! :D
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#47]
I'd buy the pistol version in a second. Heck I'd probably buy 3 or 4!
The folder/suppressor version not so much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:23:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Unless I can buy a rear sight for it to replace that rail I am going to have to pass.  I can deal with the fake suppressor as I would SBR it anyway and when the stamp came in off would come that fake can.  However that rail is a no go.
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/4/2014 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Thanks for the update Chris.  I can deal with the fake suppressor until I get my tax stamp.  I will be adding one of these to my collection as soon as they are released.
Page / 3
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top