Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Posted: 12/23/2011 12:53:52 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 5:53:17 AM EDT
[#1]
very nice, oh yea, gun looks good too..............
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Is that how the production magazine is going to look? I wish GSG would make a solid mag without those loading windows and visible bolts. As is, the mag really takes away from an authentic look. Any acccessories in the pipeline? Like a repro scope/scope mount combo?
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Any accessories in the pipeline?

Personally, I like the accessory that's attached to it right now !!
Link Posted: 12/24/2011 8:53:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Where's the gun...????

Oh...
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 4:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the gun...????

Oh...

There's two really really big guns.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:40:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Happy belated holidays back atcha ATI!!  Thanks again for pushing this rifle along; I know I'll be in line for one.

Next up on the wish-list....  AUG in .22 or FAMAS in .22. 'course a .22LR Garand/M14 in lightweight materials would sell great too!
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:36:53 PM EDT
[#8]
they tried fitting them with the ZF 4 telescopic sight (Gewehr-Zielfernrohr 4-fach or Gw ZF-4-fach) for use by snipers. The vampir was an early model infared sight they also tried. go to wikipedia and put in stg-44 to see pic of zf 4, google stg-44 vampir scope for the vampir.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 7:50:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is that how the production magazine is going to look? I wish GSG would make a solid mag without those loading windows and visible bolts. As is, the mag really takes away from an authentic look. Any acccessories in the pipeline? Like a repro scope/scope mount combo?

Hi,

Yes, that will be the production magazine.  The mag exterior body is the same material as the gun so its weight and finish are consistant.  The internals are polymer and function close to the same as the 522 mags.  The original proto model was a solid mag that looked great, only issue was, it didn't work.  By designing the mag in this fashion, it works great, so that will be the production model from GSG.

Regarding other accessories, we have looked at the original STG-44 scope and mount, I believe it was called the Vampir.  The estimated production cost for it though made the thing cost about half the price of the gun for retail sale, so that has been shelved for the present.  GSG wants to go a at least a year on full sales of the gun right now before deciding whether to invest in accessories for it, considering the GSG AK was proprietary in spec to GSG only accessories and they still have tons of both just sitting around, so honestly, its a wise decision at this time for everyone.

Thanks for the info! I was primarily referring to ZF-4 type scope and mount (as the poster above noted). Hopefully the sales will be strong in 2012 to justify a scope/mount combo. I would certainly buy one, even at half the cost of the gun. Other than that, I wouldn't care for any other accessories, as they would not be original to the gun.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Is it bad that I 'd over the gun for 3 or 4 seconds before I even noticed the girl?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#11]
she looks way too young to have been around during WWII
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#12]
The gun is looking sexy and the model aint too bad . Personally i'de go with a darker looking finish on the buttstock and grips the wood looks a little airsoftish imo.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Big questions - WHEN & HOW MUCH?
lesser question -does it use the same internal action as the GSG5?
Or is it a wholey new animal?
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
When is still not finalized, possibly April or May

How much has been finalized since Shot Last year, suggested retail with the wood box, $599

Whole New Animal

Next question....   WAITING LIST !!!    I want to be the first guy on my block to have one.   Come on.... just....one....little....itty..... bitty...... list............     please.   :)-

Dog
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Everybody knows that I won't be shooting a real STG-44, so I don't mind that the mag has a slot in it.  Other than the slots and the screws, it looks pretty much like the real deal (same size, shape, and overall appearance).  Thank you GSG and ATI for bringing this exciting new gun to us.  I'm still going to call mine a GStG-44.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
there is a firearm in the pix?
Hope you sell a lot of them.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Will there be a NY legal model and 10 rd mag available?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/11/2012 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Curious if the barrel is threaded or could be past the front site?
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top