Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2009 4:24:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ATICSR_Christopher]
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear you guys are getting sued, I hope you win the lawsuit. I've got my GSG-5 about a year ago and love it. So does everybody who shoots it. My best friend and my brother are both wanting to get one. I guess I better tell them to get one ASAP.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sock it to 'em, and then counter-sue for legal costs/damages.

All the market will bear, plus 10%.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#3]
All the best of luck to you guys to come out in your favor. I hate it when big companies try to do this shit. If HK didnt snub their noses at the civilian market and actually made models of their rifles reasonably priced, then they wouldnt have this problem to begin with.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#4]
HK sure is getting sue-happy.

They recently sued Tippmann Sports for their A5/X7 paintball gun lines and accessories as well.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad I never threw any money towards HK products.  They certainly will never see a penny from this day on.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 11:31:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By DrJester:

Glad I never threw any money towards HK products.

Translation: I can't afford a USP......................  

Link Posted: 9/26/2009 12:52:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ATICSR_Christopher:

Regardless of the outcome, ATI will continue to provide the same outstanding quality of warranty and customer services to all GSG-5 owners from our service center in Rochester, NY.

Sincerely,

Anthony DiChario
American Tactical Imports
President C.E.O.

That's what I like to hear. I have had nothing but exceptional service from you folks on every occasion, you have some quality employees on hand.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 10:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 11:45:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cantgrowup] [#9]
September 25, 2009

To whom it may concern,

As you have seen with the additions of the GSG-AK47 series and the upcoming GSG 1911 pistol, German Sport Guns and ATI will continue to add new models and features to the growing line up of German Sport Gun firearms.  We appreciate your continued support of our businesses during this unfortunate situation.

Sincerely,

Anthony DiChario
American Tactical Imports
President C.E.O.

Hey Anthony.....  Give us an STG-43 or MP-44 Sturmgewehr in .22LR and price it around $600....$700....$800!   I'll pay you right now!  And I'm pretty sure that the Third Reich or C. G. Haenel Waffen und Fahrradfabrik won't sue you.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope H&K chokes on it.
It's not like they try to sell us a similiar rifle.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 7:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ALLANJ:
I hope H&K chokes on it.
It's not like they try to sell us a similiar rifle.

They are now just because of these lawsuits.  Problem is, its going to be Walther making them.  The Colt .22 from Walther was pretty ill received.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#12]
So am I reading that right, if HK wins then the GSG will still be sold in the other 54 countries just not the US? That would blow.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 2:08:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 2:14:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dirtbikesandguns] [#14]
So, ......Your all good except for the box the GSG comes in???

Or are there many more claims to sort through??

I'm gonna IM you a  question too-
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#16]
If you don't mind me asking, when the case went to court, where there exhibits presented as evidence, i.e. the actual guns themselves? Or was it all on paper & verbal arguements?  

I kinda giggle when I picture a judge who doesn't know shit from shinola about firearms trying to come to a decision on this thing..............    
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:17:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#18]
...if they don't make us a ridiculously nice offer to settle it will then go to court.

I do hope that includes a lot more than just attorney fees.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#19]

Jackal2001, Tony, the owner of our company wants to know if we can have this thread and the GSG/ATI vs H&K poll going on on here pinned up top until this ordeal is over.  We've made a viewer out of him on here now at least!  Thanks!

That sounds like a really good idea.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 10:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Screw HK. I can't believe they'd pull that shit after the Colt fiasco.

I quit buying their product many years ago. Looks like a good decision.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Good luck ATI  ––  i really hope you guys win, keep up the good fight
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, this hasn't gone to actual court yet.  Last week was ATI & GSG depositions and the dismissed charges followed our depositions.  I guess the way it goes, H&K will do theirs next and then at that point in time if they don't make us a ridiculously nice offer to settle it will then go to court.  There's some other really odd and interesting things going on right now with this suit that I can't talk about yet, but once I get the go ahead, all info will be shared on this thread.

Consequently, as this is a major issue with us and we want to make sure that we spread as much info as possible;  Jackal2001, Tony, the owner of our company wants to know if we can have this thread and the GSG/ATI vs H&K poll going on on here pinned up top until this ordeal is over.  We've made a viewer out of him on here now at least!  Thanks!

Christopher,

Good luck in your case.  You may want to run this past your legal counsel first.  I know you want to get the word out on what is going on, but I am sure your attorneys want you to be careful what you disclose on a public forum.  Be sage and good luck.

Matt
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 8:46:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 9:18:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Hello,

Below is a link to the actual notice of dismissal from a State Court of Indiana.  Click the link for the PDF!

Several Motions Dismissed

Anthony

The trade dress claim which HK is making seems to be so ridiculous when one considers the laws regarding it.
Has your company considered filing a counter claim against HK for a frivilous lawsuit?
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 7:33:26 PM EDT
[#25]
What's with the "Automatic Assault Weapon"?
Link Posted: 10/9/2009 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cantgrowup:
Hey Anthony.....  Give us an STG-43 or MP-44 Sturmgewehr in .22LR and price it around $600....$700....$800!   I'll pay you right now!  And I'm pretty sure that the Third Reich or C. G. Haenel Waffen und Fahrradfabrik won't sue you.  

Yes, PLEASE - an MP44 or a G1 n .22LR!!!  I don't want to have to carve up an airsoft MP44 to fit a 10/22 inside of it!

Link Posted: 10/14/2009 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#28]

That's crazy. I am glad to hear you guys standing behind your product.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#29]
What a shame. But life goes on. Does this mean that there might be more focus on another 22lr chambered "replica"?
Say, something in an STG44 flavor......?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 11:54:22 AM EDT
[#30]
 ATI will continue to service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.
Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.

...that it imports, AND that it importED?  ATI will no longer import gsg-5's.  i'm asking just for clarification's sake.  i hate legal mumbo jumbo.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#31]
So with that statement, does this mean there is no chance for continued GSG5 importation into the USA, or is there a chance to overturn the ruling? I am not an attorney so I am not up to par on the rules and regulations of rulings and overturning them...
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 1:06:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lightsped] [#33]
What bad timing. My GSG 5 PK SBR is almost finished. Now I am not sure if I want to even fire it due to possibly breaking something and not being able to get parts or whatever for it....

Could ATI build the GSG 5 and pay a license fee to H&K?

Was the AK an "officially licensed" firearm? If so, we shouldn't have this same problem right?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#34]
The GSG-5 as it exists is done.  We still have inventory to sell to distributors, but all GSG-5 MP-5 style clones must be sold by Jan 31st.  Ak's are still ok.  1911 will be good.  And perhaps we have something up our sleves.....perhaps

Oh please let it be an MP44... pretty please.... with sugar on top      Do you need my check right now?
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#35]
HK is said to be licensing a .22 version of the MP5.  Maybe GSG is the one getting that and the old version is being discontinued and a full HK trademarked version is coming out?  I'm sure ATI couldn't say even if this was the case.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By my2cents:
HK is said to be licensing a .22 version of the MP5.  Maybe GSG is the one getting that and the old version is being discontinued and a full HK trademarked version is coming out?  I'm sure ATI couldn't say even if this was the case.

this.  this is what i was pondering.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 4:02:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mac1045] [#37]
Originally Posted By my2cents:

That's likely true. H&K has been beitch-slapping airsoft companies left and right over their "H&K" guns.

Maybe ATI can beitch-slap back at those effin ex-Nazis and cut a trademark deal with B&T and sell the GSG5's as B&T - marked guns?  That's what Classic Army did with their "H&K" airsoft guns to get past the jack-boots at H&K.

Otherwise, make a .22 MP44 or a .22 FAL or a .22 G43 or a .22 FAMAS or a .22 AUG or a .22 L85 - - and we'll beat the doors down at ATI to buy one. Frankly, the MP5's (and M4's) are so completely over-exposed in my other world of airsofting that I personally could care less of the loss of a .22 MP5.

ATI - listen to what your customers want: give us the MP44 and FAL and I'll personally buy both. Toss in a G43 and you've sold a 3rd gun.  Keep realistic .22 mil-sims coming and you'll have us casual shooters by the nose and wallets.

JM2cents
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 4:34:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I think this is a lot of sour grapes on HK's part, for underestimating the demand for a rimfire vervision.  Wonder how long it will be before they start production on the H&K MP-.22....
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:31:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By 7thCavScout:
I think this is a lot of sour grapes on HK's part, for underestimating the demand for a rimfire vervision.  Wonder how long it will be before they start production on the H&K MP-.22....

Problem with the HK version will be its cost, will people be willing to pay $1,500+ for a .22 MP5 ? Some will just caus its HK, but Ive been down the HK road and didnt find it palatable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:34:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MNSmitty:
What a shame. But life goes on. Does this mean that there might be more focus on another 22lr chambered "replica"?
Say, something in an STG44 flavor......?

I pray for that!
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Maybe they will move onto an mp44 now =)
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I was set to buy a GSG until I read this. Now I worry about being able to find replacement parts down the road . What would be your advice ? Buy it and hope nothing breaks down the road or go after a clone of a different design ? I have no interest in a rimfire AR .
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 9:41:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I personally find this disheartening to say the very least, unless there is some reasonably priced alternative being considered.  HK has been ignoring the public market in the U.S. for so long, at least for rifles, it seems they don't want us to have anything that even resembles a HK.  I hope someone is going to offer it, either ATI via HK, or vice versa.  I have had a GSG5 since it came out and it's probably my most fun carbine to shoot.  I DO NOT WANT to put it in the safe and never shoot it again, I want to shoot it this weekend!!!  This really makes me rethink considering a 416 if they ever come out with the U.S. version.
Link Posted: 10/14/2009 10:52:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By jlemmy:
I was set to buy a GSG until I read this. Now I worry about being able to find replacement parts down the road . What would be your advice ? Buy it and hope nothing breaks down the road or go after a clone of a different design ? I have no interest in a rimfire AR .

Chris has already said GSG will continue to produce the parts for the GSG-5 and they will still be importing them. So to me this is not really a concern.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Bizill:

Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.

...that it imports, AND that it importED? ATI will no longer import gsg-5's.  i'm asking just for clarification's sake.  i hate legal mumbo jumbo.

Can this be answered please ? I'm thinking about buying two more tomorrow locally if I know there will still be parts / warranty / service available . Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 1:28:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By CDNinUSA:
Originally Posted By Bizill:

Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.

...that it imports, AND that it importED? ATI will no longer import gsg-5's.  i'm asking just for clarification's sake.  i hate legal mumbo jumbo.

Can this be answered please ? I'm thinking about buying two more tomorrow locally if I know there will still be parts / warranty / service available . Thanks in advance.

Replacement parts is what i'm worried about. ATI how about it ?  How long will replacement parts be available ?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 8:09:17 AM EDT
[#48]
I implore all of you to not freak out about repair/replacement parts and be patient.  We have to get all the i's dotted and t's crossed on the settlement, then we'll be in the clear to explain why you needn't worry about parts for the future.

so, i understand this will cause rampant speculation for the present on here, that's ok.  ATI will explain all once things are finalized.

That's good enough for me  -thank you Chris.

One last question though...can you please tell those of us waiting on the SD kits.....should we continue to wait or are they forever gone?
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 8:15:53 AM EDT
[#49]
How about setting up production here in the USA ????
Link Posted: 10/15/2009 8:58:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top