Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Still waiting for a reply about my spring ! I havent been able to shoot the gun since !
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
problem solved after a month or so of waiting .
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 8:02:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bullfrog24] [#3]
The barrel bushing broke on my GSG 1911-22 today. Also lost the spring when it shot out the end into the field. Serial #A37....
How can I go about getting replacements?
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Bullfrog24:
The barrel bushing broke on my GSG 1911-22 today. Also lost the spring when it shot out the end into the field. Serial #A37....
How can I go about getting replacements?

Don't think you will get much help in this thread , I've been waiting for a response for over a month !
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I kinda figured it would be slow, I've tried before in the past and didn't get much response from anyone with the company, but thought I would give it a try.  Also emailed as well.  I'll give it a week...

I knew what I was getting into when I bought a couple of the GSG guns, that at some point the cheap metal parts would break.  Tried contacting them before to get the newer "upgraded" parts several months ago knowing it was only a matter of time, but after waiting a few months for a respose I was told to wait until it broke and then contact them.  So maybe by spring I'll get them?  Customer service "for me" has sucked and as of a year ago, I quit recommending them to friends.  I would sell them, but they are fun to shoot so long as I can keep some spare parts around.  This one made it about 2,000 rounds before breaking.

I bought an Advantage Arms kit yesterday.  So this GSG will most likely go to the back of the safe after it's fixed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard back via email with in 48 hours and they are sending replacement parts.  Much better CS than I've experienced in the past.  Maybe with Sig behind them they are coming around?
Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey how's it going ATI
Gsg5 pre lawsuit version gen 2
I have a concern I was cleaning my gsg5 last night and it looks like my barrel is chipped ? It's either always been like this ( supposed to be like this from factory )
Or it really is chipped ,when you look into the chamber you see the barrel right where the casing sits when there's a loaded round , the right side looks chipped I can post a pic later today if that helps any chance you guys can help me out ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 11:08:04 AM EDT
[#8]
call customer service @ 1-800-290-0065 ext's 134, 141, 171
Link Posted: 3/1/2012 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#9]
there is a notch cut in the barrel for the extractor to clear.  The barrel is thinner there and should line up with the extractor notch is the breach block
Link Posted: 4/25/2012 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey Ray, I sent an e-mail to the email address listed for you on the okfirearms video on the screw replacement. Can I still send in my non-riveted extractor plate to be upgraded?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, There is no time limit on non riveted ejectors.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 1:08:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Just call customer service @ 1-800-290-0065 ext's 134,147 or 171 for a RA # and shipping instructions.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 3:50:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fyrcaptain] [#13]
Finally got through to Chris @ ATI (big help, thanks Chris)
Got all questions answered.

Purchased GSG 100 rnd drum mag, "advisory" sticker on box says not to use "waxed" ammo.
Rem Viper is one of the "preferred" mfg listed on the advisory sticker yet they use a lubricant.
I currently use CCI in the 22 round clips and CCI says they lube their rounds.
Is lubed/oiled the same as "waxed?"  NO
Should I use the recommended Viper or the CCI?
Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I was looking thru all the mods people doing to these GSG522s and came across a hammer mods that in my mind makes alot of sense. It has to do with the hammer strut/spring so the hammer does not bounce back so to speak.
Why is the hammer designed not to put pressure on the bolt all the time?

Im thinking of doing this mod but wanted to get the advise from people that work on them all the time.
I hope to get a reply
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/3/2012 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Where did you see this mod? I am not familiar with it
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
hello, i want to purchase a GSG522. i have found a few available and wondering if the only difference between the SD version and the 522 is the forestock?  and can the forestock on the SD version be replaced with a railed forestock.  thanks for any advice
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By darkfader:
hello, i want to purchase a GSG522. i have found a few available and wondering if the only difference between the SD version and the 522 is the forestock?  and can the forestock on the SD version be replaced with a railed forestock.  thanks for any advice

as far as i know yes that is the only diff, maybe the barrel shroud might be diff as well, and yes you can change the forearm to any of the railed ones, you will need the screw or push pin tho bc i dont think the sd version uses it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 1:07:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By cbjones26:
Originally Posted By darkfader:

as far as i know yes that is the only diff, maybe the barrel shroud might be diff as well, and yes you can change the forearm to any of the railed ones, you will need the screw or push pin tho bc i dont think the sd version uses it.

thanks for getting back to me.  i ordered the standard one last nite.  i planned to have different forearms and stocks for it anyway, so i just went with the standard.  $369 shipped and my FFL is only 20 bucks so i think i did well.  pics when it gets here
Link Posted: 1/7/2013 7:12:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RAYCATON:
Where did you see this mod? I am not familiar with it

Hope you were talking to me. Sorry for the delay but here is the hammer/strut mod

http://tactical22.net/forum/gsg-522-gsg-5-mods-and-upgrades/hammer-strut-mod/?PHPSESSID=0091f224a5052275c882996e5cfc5451

Link Posted: 3/10/2013 8:36:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jsxtreme] [#20]
Took my new GSG-522 to the range for the first time today.

Numerous failure to feed, and failure to ejects. Very, very disappointed with the GSG's performance. Worse thing was that it fired out of battery once. I ran a cleaning rod down the barrel to make sure there wasn't a round stuck, did an inspection and didn't see anything broken. So I kept shooting it, same issue. FTE and FTF. I think there's something wrong with the mag. Sometimes the round doesn't come all the way to the top like it should. I take it I should call customer service?

ETA: I was using federal American eagle HV ammo. Any issues with this ammo?

Link Posted: 3/12/2013 10:52:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Talked to Jamie at ATI today. Very helpful customer service!

We're going to start by swapping out the mags to see if that resolves the issue.
Link Posted: 3/12/2013 7:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7255] [#22]
EDIT: I'm a dumbass, the springs were backwards
Link Posted: 3/23/2013 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:

We're going to start by swapping out the mags to see if that resolves the issue.

Been 11 days since ATI said they were going to drop a new mag in the mail to me, still no mag.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:22:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By jsxtreme:

Going on 4 weeks, still no mag. ATI claims they never got it. So, I now have a gun that I'm not sure that works, and no new mag to test it out with. I cant even buy more from them because they're out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/28/2013 5:10:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I've got a GSG-5 that has a loose front end.  Both the cocking handle support tube and front handguard move back and forth along the barrel.  Is there any way I can tighten this?
Link Posted: 2/21/2014 3:45:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm in the same boat with my 1st gen GSG-5. It ran fine the first 2000 rounds now it has constant FTF problems. I don't want to send it in and get it back looking like the 2nd gen post HK lawsuit version. I've cleaned and tightened all the screws (which I paid to replace off the bat for good ones) and the front end moves an 1/8"!  I can't believe how much I paid for what turned out to be an airsoft gun.

For how cheaply they manufactured these things you think they would be a little more open sending parts out for guns that don't function. I shouldn't have to spend more money trying to get it to run. I'm about to sell it off and get a proper .22lr.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Along with the huge decline in value, I'm rather annoyed with how many issues many of these GSG's have had. I've been having some FTE on occasion but I should not be scared of the bolt breaking.
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I need a replacement FCG and would be happy buying a new lower. Do you have any available for sale or do I need to send it in?
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top